Oscar Klefbom Jersey

in F r e i s t i l 12.02.2019 03:41
von huangjian123 • 751 Beiträge

Like he does with so many things Oscar Klefbom Jersey , Sidney Crosby makes it look easy.There was the time he shot the puck off the post and swatted the rebound into the net out of midair. Or, the time he waited for the puck to drop and backhanded it in for a goal. Or, when knocked the puck up to himself with his stick before tapping it in.”I think it’s just instincts,” Crosby said.It’s actually a mix of natural talent, instincts, awareness, timing, patience and hand-eye coordination. Crosby’s Pittsburgh teammates are still amazed every time he does it – and they should be.”It’s just a reactionary thing,” Penguins winger Conor Sheary said. ”When you see the puck go in the air, you just try to bat it. He’s better at it than a lot of other guys, and I don’t know what that is.”Batting a fluttering piece of frozen rubber 3 inches in diameter and 1-inch thick with a stick blade 2 to 3 inches wide is no simple task. Doing it at full speed in an NHL playoff game certainly raises the degree of difficulty. Yet a handful of goals have been scored or saved already this postseason with a player somehow able to connecting their stick with an airborne puck at the perfect time.As recently as Tuesday night, Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin batted the puck out of the air off the post in Crosby-esque fashion for the game-winner to beat the Penguins.”I hit the post and it’s a good thing I didn’t raise my arms up,” Ovechkin said. ”I finished up the play and got lucky.”Teams don’t have drills for this kind of thing http://www.officialoilers.com/authentic-adidas-ryan-nugent-hopkins-jersey , but hockey players are always noodling with the puck, so the familiarity with both stick and puck becomes ingrained at an early age. Playing baseball and other sports growing up can’t hurt. Washington Capitals forward Brett Connolly, who scored a baseball-style goal with Boston in 2015, thinks players learn the skill and try to use it when they can.”Your athleticism kind of takes over at that point,” Connolly said. ”Once your hand-eye is at a high level, you kind of track the puck. I think as hockey players we’re always looking around, we’re so quick, our eyes are all over the place and we’re staring at the puck. You kind of just take a chance at it and sometimes it works out.”It worked out for Toronto’s Connor Brown on his goal in Game 5 of the first round when the puck bounced off a defenseman’s stick and he knocked it in before goaltender Tuukka Rask knew where it was. Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t know where the puck was when captain Nick Foligno whacked it out of the air to prevent a goal during the first round against Washington, either, a product of years of work.”That was actually my guy, so the least I could do was bat it out,” Foligno said. ”Honestly, I practice it so much with playing around with the puck that you just get used to it playing so many years. Obviously Ryan Strome Jersey , a little bit of luck to make sure you get it out and not hit somewhere else.”To the surprise of no one, Crosby’s career is full of similar highlights. He once slugged a home run during batting practice at PNC Park some years ago.On the ice, Crosby doesn’t have to hit the puck as hard as Aaron Judge hits a baseball or as precisely as Roger Federer hits a tennis ball, but Penguins winger Bryan Rust correctly points out: ”They’re also looking for it to be in the air. Our sport, the puck’s not supposed to be in the air.”Crosby and others figure it out anyway.”There’s a lot of things you’ve got to be aware of, and you need pucks to be in those areas to do it,” Crosby said. ”Sometimes you can go a period of time where you don’t get a puck that sits right there for you. I’ve been around the net when pucks have been able to kind of just lay there for me. There’s a lot of different factors, but I think just being in and around the net trying to expect different things and being ready for it.”Playing peewee baseball explains some of it for Crosby, a two-time season and playoff MVP who works on redirecting and bating pucks so often in practice it has become a routine way for him to score.Not so much for others, like Bruins forward Sean Kuraly, who played the waiting game during Game 1 of Boston’s series against Toronto and batted the puck in while falling over Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen.”You have to wait for the puck to come down,” the otherwise-impatient Kuraly said. ”I’m a terrible baseball player. It has nothing to do with baseball.”Goalies with thicker blades on their sticks get into the act, too. Andersen robbed Rick Nash on a sure-fire goal in the first round in Game 6 Womens Wayne Gretzky Jersey , and Pittsburgh’s Matt Murray extended his stick to stop Ovechkin in Game 2 of the Penguins-Capitals series.Goaltenders are counted on to keep the puck out by any means necessary.Scoring a goal by batting the puck in? Well, that’s just fun.”It’s a creative game. You’ve got to mix it up and be creative,” Connolly said. ”To score, you’ve got to try and do something different sometimes to get one.”—AP Sports Writers Jimmy Golen in Boston and Will Graves in Pittsburgh contributed.— CHICAGO (AP) Jean-Francois Berube had a good time in his return to the NHL – at the San Jose Sharks expense.Berube made 42 saves in his first start for Chicago and the Blackhawks beat the San Jose Sharks 3-1 on Friday night.”It was fun,” Berube said. ”I’m just going out there and enjoying the moment.”The 26-year-old Berube, recalled from Rockford of the AHL last week, appeared in one previous game for Chicago this season in relief of Anton Forsberg on Dec. 6. He hadn’t started in the NHL since Feb. 19, 2017, as a member of the New York Islanders.”It’s been a while,” Berube said. ”I felt comfortable from the moment the puck was dropped. Just have to build on it, keep working on little details and try to improve my game as much as possible.”Nick Schmaltz had a goal and assist on his 22nd birthday. Defenseman Jan Rutta, activated from injured reserve Friday also scored, and Artem Anisimov added an empty-netter with 30.5 seconds left.Anthony Duclair had two assists for the Blackhawks. They won their second straight and third in four games following an eight-game losing streak that dropped them to last place in the Central Division.Berube lost a bid for this first NHL shutout when Timo Meier scored his 15th goal on a screened shot with 7:51 left in the third period.Chicago has sunk since No. 1 goalie Crawford went out with an upper-body injury on Dec. 23. Although the Blackhawks are all but eliminated from the playoffs Aaron Ekblad Jersey , Berube’s performance provided a lift.”In this game it’s tough to win without your goalie being good,” coach Joel Quenneville said. ”Berubs did a really good job in the net, looked really patient, square.”Signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent in July, Berube played his 23rd game in the NHL. He appeared in 21 games with the Islanders over the two previous seasons.Martin Jones stopped 33 shots for the Sharks, coming off a 7-1 loss at Nashville on Thursday night.The Sharks and Blackhawks, long-time Western Conference rivals, met for the first of three games this season.”You know, we had the shots, the looks,” said San Jose forward Joe Pavelski, who hit the post twice with shots. ”I think at times we didn’t get enough bodies to the net, which is something we’re addressing a little bit here and there.”Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said his team got what it deserved Aleksander Barkov Jersey , regardless of who was in net for Chicago.”If you’re insinuation is that this is a gimme for us because they’ve got an inexperienced goalie in net, that’s ridiculous,” DeBoer said. ”Every team you play has a chance to beat anyone on any given night.”San Jose outshot Chicago 15-11 in the scoreless first. Pavelski fired a shot off the right post 6:20 in, and Mikkel Boedker was stopped by Berube from the slot with just over 5 minutes left in the period.Rutta opened the scoring at 5:46 of the period with his sixth goal. After taking Duclair’s feed from the goal line, Rutta shot from the right circle. San Jose’s Melker Karlsson blocked that attempt, but Rutta jumped on the loose puck and fired it in.Jones made a couple of nifty saves – on Duclair and Patrick Kane – later in the second to keep it close.Schmaltz made it 2-0 at 2:01 of the third with his 17th goal as Chicago pounced on a San Jose turnover.After Boedker couldn’t handle Justin Braun’s pass in the San Jose slot, Duclair whipped the puck to Schmaltz who fired in a one-timer from the left circle.Berube made close-in saves on Logan Couture and Jannik Hansen – and Pavelski hit the post again – before Meier cut it to 2-1 at 12:09 of the third.Meier connected on a drive from the high slot with Pavelski and Chicago defenseman Jordan Oesterle screening Berube.NOTES: The Sharks had only one brief power play Friday and have gone eight games and 19 chances without converting a man advantage. … Rutta hadn’t played since Feb. 6. He missed seven games with an undisclosed injury and sat out a game before being hurt. … Linesman Steve Miller was hit in the mid-section by a puck 4:51 into the third and crumpled to the ice. After being tended to by Blackhawks trainer Mike Gapski, Miller remained in the game.UP NEXTSharks: At Minnesota on Sunday night in final of four-game trip.Blackhawks: At Columbus on Saturday night.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: frodure.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15872 Themen und 20294 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, frodure, nostagoose, piterrise, RolandoMn

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor