LEXINGTON, Ohio -- Sam Hornish Jr. [url=http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Keith-Tandy-Buccanee rs-Jersey/]Keith Tand

in F r e i s t i l 11.05.2018 07:57
von jokergreen0220 • 397 Beiträge | 15 Punkte

LEXINGTON, Ohio -- Sam Hornish Jr. Keith Tandy Jersey . thinks he has a home-track advantage. "While Mid-Ohio is so close to my home and my heart, at the same time its a place where Ive got almost as many races here as a fan as I do as a driver," the Defiance, Ohio, native said Friday during practice a day before the NASCAR Nationwide series race. Hornish, who has raced several times in competition at the track, believes he has some insider knowledge. "I feel like Ive got a good idea of what the car needs to do and what I need to do as the driver to go out and be successful here," he said. "Yeah, we want to go out and be fast. But the biggest thing about this form of racing -- running on a road course -- is taking care of the equipment." Hornish, one of the series top drivers on tracks that require more than right turns, finished with a rush a year ago at Mid-Ohio. He made a run at the lead on the final lap before ending up behind AJ Allmendinger, winner of the inaugural Nationwide event, and pole-winner Michael McDowell. He could have applied even more pressure, he said, if Allmendinger hadnt been one of his Penske teammates. "I had to play a little bit nicer than I probably would have," he said with a laugh. "All that being said, I feel pretty good about the car that I have." Hornish, with no fulltime sponsor but driving this week for Joe Gibbs Racing in the Monster Energy Toyota, has dreamed of winning at the twisting track located in picturesque farmland midway between Columbus and Cleveland. His odds improved when Allmendinger elected to focus on the Sprint Cup race in Michigan this weekend. Hornish was third during Fridays practice behind Justin Marks and Chris Buescher. Qualifying is Saturday morning, with the race later in the day. One of Hornishs chief adversaries figures to be series points leader Chase Elliott, who has never driven at Mid-Ohio. He watched videos and memorized notes from last years race provided by driver Ron Fellows, with whom he has studied the nuances of road courses. Even though he finished fourth at Road America and sixth last week at Watkins Glen on road courses, Elliott hasnt been pleased with his efforts. But he is hoping that hes getting the hang of the quick braking, rapid acceleration and sharp turns that are required on such a layout. "Im just putting all that stuff together and making sure I do a good job," he said. "Ill get all the practice that is offered. Ill try to learn and hopefully itll be good enough." Elliott, at the wheel of owner Dale Earnhardt Jr.s Chevrolet, was ninth after Fridays practice runs but is looking for improvement. Brendan Gaughan, fifth in practice, won at scenic Road America and has his own theory on what it takes to win on a road course. "If you dont get in rhythm out there, you can really screw yourself up," he said, calling Mid-Ohio an "extremely technical road course." Alex Tagliani, who was second at Road America, had the seventh-best practice time. "Its a track that changes quite a bit from practice to qualifying," he said about Mid-Ohio. "The level of grip is going to go high. And the speed is going to increase tremendously." Bryan Anger Jersey . Villar connected off Joe Saunders (11-14), sending a drive well over the left-field fence for his first career homer. The Astros scored six times in the first three innings to chase Saunders. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . Floundering in the English Premier League, United has delivered better performances in Europe this season and stunned Bayern by taking the lead against the run of play through Nemanja Vidics header in the 58th minute. Bayern had dominated possession but struggled to create a clear-cut chance before Schweinsteiger arrowed a half-volley high into the net in the 67th to give the German side a slight advantage ahead of the second leg in Munich next week. http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Justin-Evans-Buccaneers-Jersey/ . Louis Cardinals. He was 48. The commissioners office said Bell died in his home state of Ohio. Bell had not been feeling well over the weekend and had been scheduled to see doctors later Monday at the Cleveland Clinic.In his first CFL Draft at the helm of his own football team, Winnipeg Blue Bombers general manager Kyle Walters solidified his offensive line, pulled the trigger on a trade to move back into the second round, and found some value with his late picks. And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair. ‘We might have a chance here," said head coach Mike OShea of the Blue Bombers war room on Tuesday night. "And then (hes) working the phone and pulls the trigger and we move up to get a guy that we really value. I think that was a great move. It was fun to be sitting right there watching him work." Winnipeg entered the draft with no picks in the second round, having sent their original along with Alex Hall late last season to Saskatchewan to acquire offensive tackle Patrick Neufeld — a 25-year-old Canadian they hope to be a ratio-breaking starter on the offensive line. The Bombers called up a familiar trade partner Tuesday, Roughriders GM Brendan Taman, and exchanged their two third-round picks (20th and 26th overall) for Saskatchewans second-rounder, taking Briggs 17th overall to add some depth to the linebacker corps. "Jesse Briggs was a guy that we rated high. We were looking for some depth at linebacker. A special teams player. A phenomenal athlete," said Walters of the 6-foot-1, 222-pound McGill product. "And when we had an opportunity — youre in constant talk with all the other teams — if Briggs is here at this number heres what well do. And talking to a bunch of teams. And we were able to get him where we wanted to so we jumped at it." "Briggs, we expect to push. Losing James Green, Pierre Labbe, we needed that role as a special teams guy," added Walters. "Hes going to come in and be given every opportunity to compete and win that role as he pushes." "He played the SAM linebacker position in college so he is comfortable in space, but we view him in our system as a linebacker. An in-the-box guy thats going to be turned loose and run around." But the biggest acquisition made Tuesday is the man who the club hopes will soon start at centre. The 6-foot-4, 294-pound Goossen was one of two O-linemen who came to Winnipeg in the past month for private workouts and interviews. The othher was Lavals Pierre Lavertu who went first-overall to Calgary. Chris Baker Jersey. "I was really impressed by the way that the coaches came across, hearing about how things have changed there," said Goossen in his post-draft conference call. "Its really good to see the changes and I know that itll be a great year this upcoming year." Over the winter, Walters mentioned on a few occasions that the team needed and would land a starter with the No. 2 pick, but Tuesday the GM curtailed those statements slightly when speaking specifically of the 21-year-old lineman. "Im not going to put any undue pressure on him. Hes expecting himself to come in and start," said Walters. "Lets let him get to Winnipeg and lets let him get his feet under (him) before we start putting undue pressure on him." "Given his age, I mean he is a man," said OShea of Goossen. "You see how hes built. His film says that hes got a real good chance at (starting), but being as young as he is I just feel theres a little bit of a difference here. We dont want to stick him in and ruin him, sort of get him shell-shocked and ruin his confidence. "If camp shows us, and he shows us in camp what he believes hes going to show us and what we think he can do, and thats the logical step for us, then hell be in there. And if he needs a bit of time then were quite willing to give him that — afford him that time to develop a little bit. But hes going to be a good player for a long time in this league and its up to me now and the offensive line coach to make sure we dont put him in a position thats going to hurt his confidence." "Im just going to go to camp and try to work as hard as possible and just try to get better every day," added Goossen when asked about potentially starting in his rookie year. "If the coaches want to put me as a starter then that would be great, but right now Im just trying to get into camp and contribute to the team." Winnipeg added another Simon Fraser product in the fourth round in 6-foot-1 defensive back Derek Jones. Jones comes from some impressive bloodlines, as his father Ed won five Grey Cups with the Edmonton Eskimos in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Another intriguing prospect was taken in the sixth round with 305-pound defensive lineman Quinn Everett out of Mount Allison, who Walters says will be expected to learn the nose tackle position as well as along the O-line. The club drafted McMaster linebacker Aram Eisho with their final selection in the seventh round. Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ThomasCam.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14324 Themen und 18740 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, Platonrix, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor