was also set by humans. I just n

in F r e i s t i l 23.02.2019 08:31
von tujue • 245 Beiträge

SYDNEY Takkarist McKinley Jersey , June 16 (Xinhua) -- The Australian share market opened flat on Friday as losses in the major stocks offset the gains made across the rest of the index.

At 1010 local time AEST, the S&PASX200 index was up 2.80 points, or 0.05 percent, at 5,766.00 points, while the broader all ordinaries index rose 5.90 points, or 0.10 percent, at 5,766.00 points.

The Australian market is generally performing well, according to Ric Spooner, CMC Markets chief market analyst who told Xinhua that this was despite some losses in the U.S. bourse.

"Essentially it's a bit of mean reversion, we've had a very volatile week in the Australian market, and some really urgent buying on Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as heavy selling on Thursday," Spooner said.

"Today, even though the U.S. markets are a bit weaker, we are seeing the bargain hunters creep back into the market, based on the fact that things have settled down a bit."

Mining and materials stocks continued to be a drag on the index as investors remain "unconvinced", according to Spooner,

"Mining and material stocks are the notable exception, that's despite the firmness in the iron ore price yesterday," Spooner said.

The market expert said investors would get "real comfort", if iron ore prices showed more concrete signs of consolidating.

The major banks took a large hit as confusion and concern about 1 billion dollars bank levy introduced by the Australian government ensues. Senior executives from major Australian banking associations spoke out on Friday, saying the government tax on banks disadvantages local financial institutions.

"Decisions have been made in a very short period of time, without due consideration about how that might affect other parts of the banks involved," Australian Bankers Association chief executive Anna Bligh said on Friday during a hearing.

The Commonwealth Bank fell 0.73 percent, Westpac lost 2.65 percent, ANZ was down 2.17 percent and National Australia Bank dropped 2.09 percent.

BHP lost 2.08 percent, Rio Tinto plummeted 3.69 percent, Fortescue Metals fell 2.39 percent, while Newcrest Mining dropped 1.79 percent.

Oil Search was down 2.04 percent, Santos plummeted 4.70 percent and Woodside Petroleum lost 1.74 percent.

Wesfarmers was up 0.27 percent and Woolworths slid 0.27 percent.

Qantas was down 0.55 percent, CSL dropped 1.82 percent and Telstra rose 0.23 percent.

The Australian dollar was currently buying 75.87 U.S. cents, while crude oil was trading at 44.37 U.S. dollars per barrel.

China launches space telescope to search for black holes, pulsars

Visitors watch creations at BRICS Media Joint Photography Exhibition

Chinese enterprises donate learning materials to Kenyan slum school

Handicrafts made in east China's Shandong

China successfully tests near-space flight of largest solar drone

Ancient tombs excavated in N China

Aerial view shows scenery in Hong Kong

Waxberry planting, fruit picking tours boost economy in China's Zhejiang

INCHEON, South Korea, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) -- Qatar bagged three gold medals out of six on offer on the third day of athletics competition on Monday at the Incheon Asiad Main Stadium.

In men's high jump, Mutaz Aissa M Barsham of Qatar claimed the title after clearing 2.35 meters and smashed the Asiad record, which was set by China's Zhu Jianhua in 1982. His younger brother Muamer took the bronze with 2.25m. China's Zhang Guowei grabbed silver with 2.33m.

Mutaz, the bronze medalist in the London Olympics in 2012, set the Asian record of 2.43m in the Diamond League earlier this month in Brussels.

"I'm really happy to win gold at the Asian games the second time," said Mutaz.

"Of course breaking the world record is possible for me. The record was also set by humans. I just need to stay healthy, to be stronger and get more experience," he added.

For Zhang, South Korea is a lucky place.

"This is the second time I've been to South Korea. This country brings me luck. My previous personal best, 2.31m, was set at IAAF World Championship in Daegu in 2011 and this time I cleared 2.33m in Incheon," Zhang said.

In women's long jump, Maria Natalia Londa of Indonesia won the gold medal with 6.55m, followed by Vietnam's Thi Thu Thao Bui with 6.44m. Jiang Yanfei of China took the bronze with 6.34m.

This is the first athletics gold for Indonesia since the gold in women's 5,000m in the Bangkok Games in 1998.

In women's heptathlon, Ekaterina Voronina claimed the title by 5,912 points. China's Wang Qingling grabbed the silver with 56 points behind. Yuliya Tarasova took the bronze.

"This is the first time that I have participated in big events like the Asian Games. I do have some regrets, but I am happy the have the silver," Wang said.

Wang ranked No.1 after five events but performed below her level on Monday in javelin throw and long jump.

"I can reach over 6.30 meters in practices but only managed to jump 6.13m today, which put me behind the winner in points," Wang said.

In women's 1,500m, Bahrain's Maryam Yusuf Isa Jamal, the bronze medallist at the London Olympics, clocked 4:09.90 to win gold, ahead of compatriot Mimi Belete Gebregeiorges. Both were from Ethiopia originally. Jaisha Orchatteri Puthiya Veetil of India pocketed the bronze with 4:13.46.

Former Olympic champion Sebastian Coe presented the medals to the winners of the women's 1,500m event.

"He said congratulations and told us to continue to run like this. I'm really happy to meet him," Maryam Yusuf Isa Jamal said, referring to Sir Coe's talks during the ceremony.

Mohamad Al Garni of Qatar clinched his second gold of these Games when clocking 3:40.23 in the men's 1,500m final, adding to his 5,000m victory on Saturday.

"I have reached my target of the season. Competing in Olympics has always been my dream since . Cheap Nike Vapormax Womens Jordan Shoes For Sale Under Armour Basketball Shoes Outelt Cheap Air Max Cheap Air Max 90 Cheap Air Max 90 Cheap Nike Air Max Cheap Nike Air Max 95 Air Max Shoes Outlet Air Max 95 Clearance

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: VicenteNuari.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 16132 Themen und 20556 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder anwesend:
piterrise, rardTeall, saleggshoes, shoesvipser, VicenteNuari