The Nuggets co

in F r e i s t i l 18.05.2018 10:29
von jokergreen0220 • 167 Beiträge | 15 Punkte

EDMONTON -- Saying the Edmonton Eskimos are at a critical stage for their future, general manager Ed Hervey fired head coach Kavis Reed on Monday and said he will bring in a new man who is more like himself. Tomas Rosicky Jersey . "It is my feeling the club is at a stage that is critical to our on-field expectations and this move was necessary," Hervey told a news gathering hours after he informed Reed he was gone after three years as head coach. "I have confidence this decision will give our club its best opportunity to compete at a high level heading into the 2014 season." Hervey said his plan is to appoint a head coach who will bring a structured environment, a unified coaching staff and have the ability to develop players. The first-year GM said hes looking for a coach who could bring the best staff with him, but added he has not spoken to the current Eskimo assistants about their future. "Its going to be a very thorough and methodical process and Im going to choose the right coach," he said of the search. "Not the right fit, but the right coach. Im going to get someone who is a little bit more like myself, a little more detailed and structured and not really looking to spend a lot of time with you guys, more time developing the football team." Reed took over the Eskimo coaching job in 2011, leading them to an 11-7 record, second in the CFL West and was a finalist for coach of the year. In 2012 their record fell to 7-11 and this year they were 4-14, one of the worst records in franchise history. Hervey, who didnt speak to the media for much of the season, said hes "not certain" there was much Reed could have done this year to save his job. "The record aside, there were other factors in my decision and moving forward I believe when I appoint the next head coach he will have all the qualifications that I want for this team. I believe that this team in some ways unachieved at times. The record did not reflect the changes we made in the off-season." He was especially critical of the teams season-long rash of penalties that cost them valuable yards, first downs and points. He said Reed, his staff and the players never resolved that issue "and that was a concern of mine." He did, say, however that he was impressed with Reeds ability to motivate the players, especially in the latter stages of the season when their playoff hopes were gone and they were unable to halt losing streaks. "Even when we were eliminated from the playoffs and many suggested there was nothing to play for, he was the only man downstairs who was capable of keeping those men together and playing as hard as they did. Even in the games they lost you could see the efforts they played with a I marvel at his ability to motive those men not only all season but during those times." Hervey said Reed did a good job of holding players accountable and that despite the dismal record he "saw growth to this roster and Im excited about 2014 and what it brings." A day earlier, in his post-season talk with the media, Reed said he gave the Eskimos everything he could and the won-loss record "doesnt reflect the character in the locker-room and the growth in that room moving forward. "This is a microwave society," he added. "People feel the more changes you make the closer you get to something. Actually, the more changes you make the farther away you get." Reed came to Edmonton as a defensive back in 1995 and played five seasons with the Eskimos. He spent 10 years as an assistant coach with five different CFL teams before being named Edmontons head coach in 2011. "This community has been tremendous to me for 20 years and Ive enjoyed every waking moment Ive spent in this community," he said. Several players who attended Herveys news conference said the team feels bad for Reeds firing, something they as players contributed to. But, said quarterback Mike Reilly, a 4-14 record will result in changes. "Its a tough part of the business. Kavis is a good coach, a great man and I really enjoyed playing for him . . . he helped me a lot. His desire and his abilities will land him somewhere and he will get another opportunity." Laurent Koscielny Jersey . He says he will have the operation Wednesday and be ready in time for training camp in September. Bernier missed five games in March due to the injury. Mikel Arteta Jersey . -- Steven Stamkos scored his first goal since returning from a major injury, Ryan Callahan had his first goal with Tampa Bay, and the Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 5-4 on Thursday night. http://www.arsenalsoccerpro.com/Authentic-Emiliano-Martinez-Arsenal-Jersey/ . I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game.New Orleans, LA (SportsNetwork.com) - Arron Afflalo and Ty Lawson were both instrumental down the stretch to help the Denver Nuggets snap their seven-game losing streak. Afflalo had a team-high 20 points and Lawson distributed 13 assists in the Nuggets 93-85 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday night. Lawson had just five points on 2-of-12 shooting, but his basket late in the fourth along with a pair of assists to Afflalo aided to the win. Tyreke Evans scored 15 of his 25 points in the third quarter to pace the Pelicans, who had their four-game winning streak halted. Anthony Davis, who temporarily left the game in the third after suffering a leg injury, supplied 24 points and 12 rebounds in the setback. New Orleans trailed by six with under four minutes left in the fourth when Davis converted a runner through the lane before Eric Gordon, who went 4-of-15 shooting for 11 points, knocked down a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to one. The Nuggets countered as Lawson found Afflalo for a trey, then Lawson made a layup after a nifty drive on forwards Dante Cunningham and Omer Asik, increasing the advantage to 91-85 with 1:34 remaining. We had a few defensive miscues. We gave up some timely (3-pointers). That one from Afflalo was a tough one to come back from, Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. Ryan Anderson was off the mark for the Pelicans and Denver gained an extended possession at the other end after a missed jumper from Lawson went off Davis out of bounds. Afflalo made it count, hitting a jumper on a feed from Lawson to make it an eight-point game, and the Nuggets got back in the win column. Evans 3-pointer gave the Pelicans a 55-54 lead, then he capped an 18-5 surge to open the second half with a jumper the next trip down the floor. Hector Bellerin Jersey. Lawson and Afflalo each connected on 3s, however, to move Denver back in front. Late in the third, New Orleans got a scare when Evans went up top to Davis for an alley-oop, but Kenneth Faried was there to intercept the pass and Davis landed awkwardly. Davis gingerly walked off the floor and was helped into the locker room by the Pelicans staff. After receiving medical attention, he came out of the locker room early in the fourth after what was diagnosed as a groin injury and was immediately inserted back into the game. Both teams went into the fourth tied at 70-70. The Nuggets made five straight shots during a 13-2 run in the first quarter, with Faried and Afflalo each alternating a pair of baskets to help the visitors grab a 24-13 lead. Denver preserved its 11-point margin after the first, then Danilo Gallinari dropped in a 3-pointer over four minutes into the second, extending the lead to 39-23. New Orleans responded with an 8-0 run that Davis capped with six straight points. Gallinari missed a 3 in the closing seconds of the half prior to Faried scrambling for an offensive rebound over Cunningham and making a mid- range jumper for a 49-39 Nuggets lead at the break. Game Notes Denver had dropped 10 of its last 12 on the road entering the game ... Jusuf Nurkic had 15 points and nine rebounds in the win ... New Oreans was successful on just three of its 15 3-pointers ... Denver scored 14 points off 10 Pelicans turnovers. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 3 Gäste sind anwesend:
Bobbyewaky

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Derrickwoold.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 1140 Themen und 5435 Beiträge.

Heute waren 15 Mitglieder anwesend:
AOutfict, Bobbyewaky, DerekHumew, Derrickwoold, englewCub, EricaPek, IsiahNom, Joshuacat, JulioZex, Kathrynfab, PierreSnali, RogerDub, RonaldTog, sicsconfriPa, StephenTow

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor