Tampa Bay’s shutout streak ended at 27 innings T

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 26.02.2019 03:30
von panxing18 • 518 Beiträge

uesday night Bruce Bochy Jersey , tying the club record.But the Rays‘ pitching staff continued its roll behind ace Blake Snell to win their second game over the Kansas City Royals at Tropicana Field.Now, Tampa Bay sends Ryne Stanek to the mound against Kansas City’s Jakob Kunis in the third game of the series Wednesday night.Article continues below ...Snell, winning his 15th game of the season to further become part of the Cy Young talk, gave up a run in the fifth inning, but struck out 11 through six as he lowered his ERA to 2.07.The Rays won their third straight to go to four games over .500, matching their high-water mark for the season.“It’s amazing,” Willie Adames, who had three hits, including a home run, Tuesday http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-willie-mays-jersey , said of Snell (15-5). “You’ve been watching Snell the whole year — he’s been dealing this year. He’s been having a great year — he has great talent.”And the Rays have allowed one run during the mini winning streak.Told the 27 innings tied the club mark set in 2013, manager Kevin Cash said, “It’s awesome. And we’re doing it with a bunch of young pitchers. I have no idea when (it was done last) but the guys that we’re asking to do it it’s been a huge team effort, pen effort, starter effort, opener effort. It’s pretty rewarding to hear that.”Reminded the Rays went to the playoffs in 2013, Cash said, “We better get going.”The Royals have scored one run in 25 innings since a six-run second inning at Chicago on Sunday.“We struck out 16 times tonight,” said K.C. manager Ned Yost. “It’s not acceptable. Just way, way too many punchouts.”Asked about Snell Will Clark Jersey , he said, “He’s tough. He’s an All-Star — not an All-Star by accident.”Kunis is 6-11 with a 4.76 ERA. He has thrown three straight no-decisions — all Royals losses — but has allowed four earned runs in 16 1/3 innings in the three starts.He is 2-0 with a 1.35 ERA in two games (one start) against the Rays. Last year, he struck out 10 in 6 2/3 innings in defeating Tampa Bay.The current Rays are just 1-for-6 lifetime against Kunis.The Rays lost Tommy Pham to a dislocated right ring finger in Tuesday’s game. They announced x-rays were negative and said he is day-to-day.For K.C., Jorge Bonifacio was a late scratch with lower back stiffness. Rookie Ryan O’Hearn, a left-handed hitter, went into the lineup against tough lefty Snell and hit his first home run off a left-hander. That ended the Royals’ scoreless streak at 20 straight innings.Yost didn’t have much of an update on Bonifacio.Before the game, Yost said signs are pointing toward Danny Duffy coming off the 10-day disabled list to start the series finale Thursday night. Duffy threw a bullpen session Monday and reported no after-affects Tuesday.“I’m not going to put it in cement yet,” Yost said. “We’ve still got a couple of days to go, but it looks that way.”Said Duffy, out with left shoulder impingement that required an anti-inflammatory injection: “It went well. (My shoulder) loosened up as it went. This time of year Barry Bonds Jersey , everyone has something going on (injury-wise), so I’ll give it a shot.“I feel like I’m at the point where I’m good. I feel like if whatever percentage I have left in the tank is good enough to dominate; I’ll give it a go.” OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — While the Oakland Athletics continue their long quest for a new stadium, Trevor Cahill and Khris Davis couldn’t be more comfortable in the team’s current home.Cahill struck out 10 in six innings, Davis and Matt Chapman both homered for the second consecutive game and the A’s beat the Detroit Tigers 6-0 on Sunday to complete a season sweep.“We’re on a nice roll right now,” said manager Bob Melvin, whose team has won eight straight at the Oakland Coliseum. “The more games you win, the more confidence you have. It seems to be playing out right now.”Matt Olson also homered and Ramon Laureano added three hits and an RBI to help the streaking A’s win their sixth in a row overall.Oakland won all seven games against Detroit this season and has a franchise-record 12 consecutive victories over the Tigers.The A’s blanked the Tigers on Friday night and allowed only an unearned run Saturday. It’s the first time in Oakland history that the team did not give up an earned run in a series of three or more games.“We know the bullpen’s the strength,” Cahill said. “We know the guys can score, so it helps us out and gives us confidence to go out there and trust our stuff in the zone http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-madison-bumgarner-jersey , knowing that we have the offense that can pick us up.”Cahill (4-2) was masterful in one of his most dominant outings this season. The right-hander walked one and yielded three hits while pitching through traffic much of the afternoon.Cahill retired Jim Aducci on a swinging strikeout with the bases loaded to end the first, got James McCann to line out with a runner at second in the fourth and then struck out Jeimer Candelario looking to end the sixth.It’s the first time Cahill has won three consecutive starts since 2012. He improved to 3-0 with a 0.99 ERA in seven starts at the Coliseum this season.“It’s always easier when you’re used to pitching in a place, as far as the backdrop,” Cahill said. “You’re used to the mound. It’s just what you’re most comfortable with.”Yusmeiro Petit, Lou Trivino and Ryan Buchter finished the five-hitter.Davis provided all the offense Cahill needed with his 31st home run leading off the fourth against Tigers starter Francisco Liriano (3-6). It was his 10th in 16 games since the All-Star break.“When he first hit it I’m thinking base hit to center field,” Melvin said. “Then you watch it carry. Next thing you know it’s over the fence. He definitely does not have to square it up to hit a home run.”Chapman hit his 15th homer, a two-run shot off Daniel Stumpf, in the seventh.Olson homered in the eighth, his 22nd.Mike Gerber had two hits for Detroit.“That team can be very explosive and they made us pay a couple of times,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “Kind of like how the whole series went.”ADDING RELIEFOakland acquired right-hander Shawn Kelley for international slot money from the Nationals Juan Marichal Jersey , who no longer wanted the reliever after he slammed his glove to the ground and glared into Washington’s dugout during a game last week. The Nationals also sent cash to the A’s in the swap.ROOKIE WEEKENDLaureano had a busy three days after being called up from the minors. He delivered the game-winning single in the 13th inning Friday for his first major league hit, made a pair of defensive gems Saturday and then drove in Olson with the second of his three hits Sunday.“Today I just relaxed and felt good,” Laureano said. “I felt like I usually play.”TRAINER’S ROOMAthletics: Chad Pinder (car accident) is expected to return Tuesday when Oakland begins a three-game series against the Dodgers. Pinder hit off a machine in the batting cage and has already been doing fielding work.UP NEXTTigers: LHP Matthew Boyd (6-9, 4.22 ERA) faces the Angels for the second time this season Monday in Anaheim. Boyd pitched five scoreless innings to beat Los Angeles on May 28.Athletics: LHP Sean Manaea (10-7, 3.38) will make his seventh interleague start Tuesday against the Dodgers, tying him for second-most in major league history for one season.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: alisawhite123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13370 Themen und 17771 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor