Willson Contreras hit a run-scoring single in the sixth inning an

in F r e i s t i l 27.02.2019 03:51
von panxing18 • 518 Beiträge

CHICAGO (AP) — After seven dominant innings from Jon Lester http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/matt-ryan-jersey , the Chicago Cubs turned to a closer-by-committee due to their loss of Pedro Strop.Lester allowed two hits over seven innings with a season-high nine strikeouts, d the Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 1-0 on Saturday to maintain their NL Central lead.Justin Wilson pitched the eighth. Jesse Chavez got the first out in the ninth and Randy Rosario retired Joey Votto on a fly to warning track in left-center. Steve Cishek retired Eugenio Suarez on a broken-bat grounder to third for his fourth save, completing a four-hitter.“We know we’re going to be matched up throughout the game, and that’s what Joe likes to do,” Cishek said. “Everyone knows it’s the ninth inning. We just try to treat it like any other inning.”Seeking their third straight division title, opened a 2½-game NL Central lead over second-place Milwaukee. Chicago has won three straight, four of five and eight straight against Cincinnati.Lester (16-6) came out after three runs and 5 2/3 innings against the Brewers on Monday because of back tightness.“It’s doing fine,” Lester said. “Like I say, good drugs and good docs. We’re all good.”After a midseason slump Authentic Calvin Ridley Jersey , the 34-year-old left-hander is 4-1 with a 1.73 ERA in his last six starts.“Jonny typically gets better when he smells it,” manager Joe Maddon said. “He made some really big pitches when he had to.”Chicago announced Friday that Strop has a hamstring strain, causing him to miss the rest of the regular season.“We needed a quality start and he went beyond that,” Cishek said of Lester. “Especially for us in the bullpen where we could use a little bit of rest. It was huge for us, a huge boost.”Cody Reed allowed two hits and struck out a career-high 10 in five innings, matching his longest outing this season.“Did what he wanted him to do,” manager Jim Riggleman said. “Get us to that point of the ballgame and give us a chance.”Reed threw 91 pitches after transitioning from the bullpen. He threw 91 pitches.“It was fun out there,” Reed said. “I could have kept going.”Javier Baez led off the sixth with an infield single against Sal Romano (7-11), advanced on David Bote’s groundout and scored on Contreras opposite-field single to right with two outs.Each team had just two soft singles through five innings on an afternoon of bright sunlight and shadows that covered home plate. The lights in the 104-year-old ballpark were on when the game started shortly after 3 p.m. CDT.“Both clubs’ hitters were having a little trouble hitting Calvin Ridley Jersey Limited , seeing with the background today,” Riggleman said.Cubs slugger Kris Bryant struck out swinging four times.MORROW CLOSECubs RHP Brandon Morrow, who had 22 saves in 24 chances before going on the disabled list on July 18, hopes to be activated in the next few days after throwing a 19-pitch simulated game on Saturday.“It all depends on how I come in tomorrow,” Morrow said. “I expect to feel good enough. It was a successful day.”Morrow revealed his injury was a bone bruise in his right forearm, caused by muscle overuse and a stress reaction from pitching. “Throwing too hard,” he quipped.Morrow’s return figures to be a big boost for the Cubs’ bullpen after Strop strained his left hamstring on Thursday in Washington running to first base.Maddon said he doesn’t think he’ll initially use the right-hander in a save situation. Maddon will monitor Morrow’s pitch counts and doubts the reliever will be able to throw in consecutive games unless the Cubs advance deep into the postseason.TRAINER’S ROOMReds: RHP Michael Lorenzen will start in place of RHP Tyler Mahle (right shoulder fatigue) on Tuesday. Mahle’s status for the remainder of the season is uncertain, manager Jim Riggleman said. The 26-year old Lorenzen hasn’t make a start since September 2015, at the close of his first season with the Reds and in the majors.Cubs: Maddon said OF/IF Kyle Schwarber (back) could be cleared for pinch hitting this weekend and return to the lineup when the Cubs travel to Arizona for a three-game series starting Monday. … Maddon also expects OF Jason Heyward (right hamstring tightness) to return during the series against the Diamondbacks.UP NEXTReds RHP Luis Castillo (9-12 http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/calvin-ridley-jersey , 4.66) is to take the mound against Cubs LHP Jose Quintana (13-9, 3.97) in the series finale on Sunday. Quintana will try for a career-high 14th win. SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Bryan Mitchell has had plenty to deal with: inconsistent command, a monthlong demotion to the minors, and stint on the disabled list with an elbow injury.Now, the 27-year-old San Diego Padres right-hander believes he’s a better pitcher for it.Mitchell struck out seven in 8 2/3 strong innings, Jose Pirela had a homer among his three hits, and the Padres defeated the San Francisco Giants 5-0 Monday night.“I didn’t plan for this year to go the way it had, but it’s kind of been a learning experience in a sense,” Mitchell said. “I’m definitely a different pitcher than I was.”All indications are that he’s a better pitcher.The Giants lost their fifth straight game hours after the team announced the dismissal of general manager Bobby Evans. The move comes amid a Giants team freefall.San Francisco is four years removed from winning their fourth World Series championship in five years Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , and in the last week of its second consecutive losing season.The Giants are 4-17 in September, and 166-225 since taking a 53-73 record (best in the majors at the time) into the 2016 All-Star break.“I thanked (Evans) for all his help,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.“Twenty-five years here shows you the continuity we have here in San Francisco. He did a lot to help out in different areas. He wore some different hats here and did a lot for the organization.”Mitchell (2-4) walked just three in what was by far his best start of an uneven season that included a stint on the DL with right elbow impingement.He also spent a month retooling his pitching repertoire at Triple-A El Paso, where he developed a sinker he’s now using to attack hitters.“The curveball’s always been my best pitch and it’s been kind of elusive all year. It’s been an adjustment to work without that,” Mitchell said.Mitchell came to the Padres in an offseason trade with the New York Yankees that also brought Chase Headley.Mitchell had never thrown a complete game in his 19 previous career starts. He’d walked 40 in 64 1/3 innings going into Monday.His single-game innings pitched and strikeout totals were both career highs.“That’s the best he’s been on a big league mound,” Padres manager Andy Green said.Mitchell was within a pitch of what would have been his first career complete game, let alone a shutout.But with two on and two out in the ninth, Mitchell walked Gorkys Hernandez on his 118th pitch.Green then summoned Kirby Yates, who struck Austin Slater for the final out.Jose Pirela homered off Giants starter Derek Holland (7-9) to lead off the fourth. His fourth homer gave the Padres a 3-0 lead.Pirela has 26 hits and 13 RBI in his career against the Giants Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , more than against any other team.Franmil Reyes had two hits and two RBI, and Wil Myers had two hits and two runs scored.Francia Mejia doubled with one out in the top of the second and scored the game’s first run on Manual Margot’s single.Reyes singled in a run in the third and Hunter Renfroe singled in a run in a two-run sixth inning off Ty Blach.Holland gave up three runs on eight hits and two walks in five innings.“That could have been my last start. I’m not really sure,” Holland said. “It’s kind of not the way I really wanted to go out, but at the same time I did achieve a lot this year and I feel very happy with that.”DIALED INThe Padres have 19 home runs and 171 hits at AT&T Park since the start of 2017, more than any other visiting team over that stretch.UP NEXTLHP Robbie Erlin (4-7, 4.33 ERA) is 1-3 with a 5.64 ERA in eight appearances (five starts) against San Francisco. RHP Chris Stratton (10-10, 4.88) is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in five games (four starts) against San Diego.__

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: alisawhite123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13405 Themen und 17806 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor