Viktor Arvidsson’s thumb and Juuse Saros‘ goalkeeping

in F r e i s t i l 28.02.2019 04:30
von douhua2233 • 88 Beiträge

NASHVILLE Jonathan Bernier Jersey Womens , Tenn. (AP) — Viktor Arvidsson’s thumb and Juuse Saros‘ goalkeeping appear to be just fine for the Nashville Predators.Arvidsson scored twice, Saros made 32 saves and the Predators defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 4-0 Tuesday.Craig Smith and Rocco Grimaldi also scored for Nashville, which has won two straight.Arvidsson played his fourth game since missing 21 contests with a broken thumb.“It’s a little hard to come back being out for six weeks,” Arvidsson said. “I feel like I’m close to where I want to be, I’ve just got to keep working.”The shutout was Saros’ second of the season and the sixth of his career.“I’ve been practicing well and of course saw a lot of pucks today and we played pretty good defense, so that always helps,” Saros said. “When the team plays well in front of you, usually you get going too, and I had a little bit of luck, too Mike Reilly Jersey , today, a couple of times the puck hit the post.”Making his first start since Dec. 15, Saros was busy early, stopping 13 shots in the first period. He made 12 saves in the second and seven in the third period. His best sequence came just over three minutes into the second period when he made back-to-back saves in close on Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek.Michal Neuvirth made 26 saves for the Flyers, who have lost four in a row.“We got a solid goaltending performance by Michal,” Flyers interim head coach Scott Gordon said. “All four goals, we beat ourselves on, putting ourselves in the wrong spots. You can’t outscore those mistakes.”Philadelphia did not convert on either of its power plays in the game. The Flyers have not scored with the man-advantage in their last four games.“We hit two posts — lot of frustration,” Flyers captain Claude Giroux said. “We’re going to keep working and the power play is going to get back untracked.”Saros also denied Wayne Simmonds on a breakaway just under six minutes into the third. That save came just before Arvidsson scored his second goal of the night on a wrist shot from the slot at 6:15.Smith scored the game’s first goal at 2:03 of the second period.Kevin Fiala skated the puck into the Philadelphia zone on the left side. From the left circle, Fiala sent a cross-ice pass to Smith at the right faceoff dot Womens Paul Byron Jersey , where his wrist shot beat Neuvirth high to the stick side just underneath the crossbar.Fiala has five points in his last three games.Arvidsson made it 2-0 at 12:03 of the second.In the left circle, Ryan Johansen drove toward the Philadelphia net before slipping a pass to Arvidsson, who was unchecked at the back post. He tapped it in for his second goal in as many games.“He’s pushing himself and you see how important he is out here tonight with his speed and his work ethic, his ability to score goals and make a difference in a game,” Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said of Arvidsson. “The line was really good, especially in the second and third period.”Grimaldi scored his third of the season at 11:37 of the third. He has scored in consecutive games.NOTES: Nashville is 18-2-0 when scoring first this season. … The Predators are 12-3-1 against Eastern Conference opponents. … This was the 11th time the Predators played on New Year’s Day, all at home. … Philadelphia did not convert on either of its power plays in the game. The Flyers have not scored with the man-advantage in their last four games. … The Flyers are 1-16-3 when trailing after two periods.UP NEXT:Flyers: Host Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday.Predators: Visit Detroit Red Wings on Friday. CHICAGO — All four of the Chicago Blackhawks games this season have been decided in overtime, which has already created its fair share of drama for a team attempting to bounce back from missing the playoffs for the first time in a decade.The Blackhawks have seen a resurgence from captain Jonathan Toews and yet must remain patient for starting goaltender Corey Crawford to overcome concussion symptoms that he has been experiencing since leaving the lineup last December.So as Chicago prepares to welcome the St. Louis Blues to the United Center on Saturday, the Blackhawks remain, in many ways Authentic Shea Weber Jersey , a mystery regarding what is to come as the season gets rolling.Article continues below ...The Blackhawks (2-0-2) will attempt to bounce back from a stinging 4-3 overtime loss to the Minnesota Wild on Thursday when Chicago held a lead with 30 seconds remaining in the third period only to watch Cam Ward allow the tying goal with 23 seconds left in regulation and then another goal in overtime.“They sting because you know (the victory) is right there,” Ward told reporters, according to The Athletic, after finishing the loss with 42 saves. “…You know things we’ll look at and try to work on at being better at closing it out late in the third period. You know the guys worked hard. It was right there for us like I said.”Crawford is expected to return to game action next week, but Ward — who has been inconsistent in his four starts this season — knows that as the Blackhawks attempt to establish their footing early on, he has to do his part. That starts Saturday against the Blues, a team the Blackhawks have already defeated in overtime this season.“I’m motivated to stop the puck — that’s my job,” Ward said Thursday, according to the Chicago Tribune. Meanwhile, the Blues (1-1-1) will travel to Chicago fresh off a 5-3 victory over the Calgary Flames on Thursday.The victory Victor Mete Jersey , thanks largely to David Perron’s hat trick and three assists from Brayden Schenn, finally put the Blues in the win column.St. Louis reached the five-goal plateau after twice surrendering five goals in losses to both the Winnipeg Jets and Blackhawks before having most of this week to work out the kinks in practice before returning to game action on Thursday.Now, with a win out of the way, the Blues will attempt to keep building on Saturday in Chicago.“We had a good practice week,” Perron told reporters on Thursday, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “A lot of people, I think, were starting to panic, but I don’t think the players were. We put in the work this week (and) we just keep going. It’s one win. We’ve got more games ahead soon here. Let’s keep focusing on that.”On Saturday, the Blues may be without forward Jaden Schwartz Colton Sissons Jersey , who sustained a lower body injury in the win over the Flames. According to the Post-Dispatch, Schwartz took a shot from teammate Vladimir Tarasenko that went off Schwartz’s right foot about three minutes into Thursday’s game. Schwartz finished the game, but was clearly in pain.Blues coach Mike Yeo said Schwartz is questionable to doubtful against Chicago.“I haven’t been told that he’s out for tomorrow,” Yeo told reporters Friday, according to the Post-Dispatch. “It’s certainly not something we expect to be long-term, but he’s a question mark for (Saturday).”

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: OlgaJeM.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15795 Themen und 20216 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder anwesend:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor