.Its nice to be at home when were away from the field, but its another game once youre here, Detwiler said. Whatever city it doe

in Sprachpolitik 20.05.2018 13:58
von chenwen121314 • 3.430 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Of all the things you might wonder go through the mind of a 10-meter platform diver before he throws his body off the equivalent of a three-story building under the highest stakes, there is this that flashes past David Boudia. Mexico Raul Jimenez World Cup Jersey .It is a conversation he had six months ago with one of the U.S. Olympic diving coaches about the anxiety Boudia sometimes endures. He was hit with it again four days before opening ceremonies, and he admitted to feeling like a little boy again in my first Olympics.David, this isnt your first time riding the bus, the coach, Vince Panzano, had lectured the veteran of three Olympic Games. Youre one of the cool kids, so act like it.Boudia, 27, said the speech always resides in his head for whenever he needs it. So it put a little pep in my step, he said of Saturdays 10-meter finals.Indeed, it was not a case of nerves, the diver said, that caused him to perform his lowest-scoring dive on the sixth and last of his program. Rather it was simply his most difficult dive -- a forward four-and-a-half somersault -- and one that has given him the most problems in the past, that pushed him out of gold and silver contention, and resulted in the bronze.Chinas Chen Aisen, 20, in his first Olympics, won gold, helping his country take seven of eight Olympic diving gold medals, while Mexicos German Sanchez, 24, won silver.There are a lot of young guns in this sport now and its cool to see them step up their game, Boudia said. Diving, on any given day, anyone can win. You just saw that with what [Chinas] Qiu Bo did, finishing [sixth], and [Great Britain medal contender] Tom Daley was 18th in semifinals. This is a hard, hard sport and thats what we love about it.It was Boudias second medal of these Games after he won a silver with Steele Johnson in 10-meter synchronized diving. And it was his fourth in two Olympics after winning the gold in the 10-meter platform and bronze in 10-meter synchro with Nicholas McCrory in 2012.Boudias bronze Saturday assured that Greg Louganis remains the last diver to win gold medals in consecutive Olympic Games. Louganis is also the only male to sweep the diving events in two straight Olympics.Sometimes you need an ounce of luck, said USA Diving high performance director Steve Foley. Greg was in a stratosphere unknown to most people. But also diving is more competitive now.To try to combat potential nerves and build a lead in the finals, Boudia switched the four-and-a-half forward somersault from third in his program, where he struggled with it in prelims and semifinals, to last.It was a good decision by David and his coach to go for broke, Hollywood or bust, Foley said.The problem is that Boudia put himself in a bit of a hole after his first dive landed him in fifth place, and there was no getting around the fact that his last dive was still his toughest.This dive has been like a thorn in my side the past four years, Boudia said. My takeoff is absolutely perfect. I cannot find the bottom to save my life, obviously. But I chose to do it at the very end of this competition because I wanted that pressure. I live off those nerves, so I want that.And given the previous 24 hours, he was thankful to be on the podium at all, he said.You do the prelims [Friday night] and its a three-hour event and you have the turnaround [Saturday] morning [with semifinals] and try to be on it, he said. And then you do it again in the finals. Youre doing 18 dives off a three-story building. Your bodys beat up. Youre tired. Mentally exhausted. But Im glad to be standing here with a bronze medal around my neck. It could have gone differently but Im glad this is the way it panned out.Married to his wife, Sonnie, in October 2012, after the London Games, and with a 2-year-old daughter, Dakoda, Boudia said he isnt sure yet if he will continue.Im not extremely emotional but I was doing the NBC interview [after the competition] and I looked up to them and just started bawling because I know how much my wife has sacrificed for me, he said. All the travel around the world, being gone all the time, shes done a lot and encouraged me so much these last four years.But Boudia said regardless of his decision, he believes USA Diving will continue to thrive.Last Olympics we had four medals, this one we have three, he said, but we have so much young talent that honestly I think can contend with the Chinese the next four to eight years. Cheap Mexico Jerseys 2018 . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Mexico Alfredo Talavera World Cup Jersey . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. http://www.cheapworldcupmexicojerseys.com/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. ST. LOUIS -- Luke Weaver didnt have any big plans to celebrate his first major league win.Jedd Gyorko homered and Weaver pitched six strong innings as the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Oakland Athletics 3-1 on Friday night.Its a little late, the 23-year-old Weaver said. Maybe just bed.Gyorkos 423-foot shot in the first extended the Cardinals home run streak to 15 games, the longest active streak in the majors, and made it 2-0 after just two batters.I got a pitch that I was kind of looking for, a change-up, and put a good swing on that, Gyorko said.Weaver (1-1) gave up one run and four hits in a career-high six innings in his home debut for the Cardinals. Five of his seven strikeouts were looking.Luke was great tonight, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Nice to see him get out of the first without all kinds of traffic and having to be under stress right from the beginning. He had a good clean first and I thought hes just continuing to get better with every start.Weaver lowered his ERA from 5.00 to 3.60.I think I made a couple of mechanical things that made me stay through the pitches better, Weaver said. But just believing that I can be aggressive in the zone and trusting the stuff and I think it paid off tonight.Cardinals center fielder Randal Grichuk made a diving catch on a sinking drive by Stephen Vogt to end the fifth, and Jhonny Peralta made a sprawling stop at third base and threw out Khris Davis to start the sixth.That was a great catch by Grich out there, Weaver said. It minimized some stress on me and saved the game run-wise.Yonder Alonsos solo homer in the second inning was the As only run.Seung Hwan Oh got the last three outs for his 13th save helping the Cardinals get their first interleague win at home in eight tries this season.Ross Detwiler (1-3) gave up three runs and six hits while striking out six in 5 1/3 innings.I think he mixed the pitches a little better, As manager Bob Melvin said. I think his breaking balls were a little better and he was getting ahead more so.The Cardinals cappedd the scoring in the sixth thanks to alert base running. Authentic Mexico Jerseys 2018. Brandon Moss read a soft fly perfectly off the bat of Yadier Molina and advanced from first to third as the ball fell beyond the reach of As second baseman Max Muncy in short center field. Molina then intentionally got into a run-down on a shallow fly ball by Peralta, allowing Moss to score.A couple base running plays from guys that arent necessarily known as base stealers, Matheny said. Moss taking the blooper and reading off the bat to challenge to get to third, but Yadi very heads up trying to get that run across realizing that it was worth the out to make sure we get that run.Oaklands Ryon Healy singled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to 12 games, the longest active stretch in the majors.HOMECOMINGDetwiler went to Holt Senior High in Wentzville, Missouri, 40 miles west of Busch Stadium. He fell to 0-3 with a 4.67 ERA against his hometown team.Its nice to be at home when were away from the field, but its another game once youre here, Detwiler said. Whatever city it doesnt make much of a difference. Its all who youre playing.ROSTER MOVEThe Cardinals recalled RHP Miguel Socolovich and optioned RHP Sam Tuivailala to Triple-A Memphis.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: INF Billy Butler (concussion) made the road trip and might be cleared to play early next week.Cardinals: RHP Mike Leake (shingles) will not make his scheduled start Saturday, the club announced after the game. He will be replaced by RHP Alex Reyes.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Zach Neal (2-3, 5.49 ERA) will make his first career appearance against St. Louis. He has walked two in 39 1/3 innings and his .046 walks per nine inning average is the lowest in the majors among pitchers with at least 25 innings.Cardinals: Reyes, a highly-touted prospect, (1-0, 0.00 ERA) will make his first big league start. He has one save and 13 strikeouts in 9 1/3 career innings. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: tanujaggarwal1.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 16152 Themen und 20576 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
caicai2017, chenyan94, Ektasinghal, Josephdup, piterrise, tanujaggarwal1, Tanujsinghal, xuezhiqian123