NEW YORK — The New York Islanders

in F r e i s t i l 20.03.2019 03:38
von laiyongcai92 • 750 Beiträge

ended the quirkiest early-season schedule in the NHL by winning three straight road games in a span of four days. Now the task for the Islanders is to produce similar success in their first extended homestand of the 2018-19 campaign.The Islanders will look to remain hot Thursday night http://www.avalancheshoponline.com/authentic-nathan-mackinnon-jersey , when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins in an early-season battle for first place in the Metropolitan Division at Barclays Center.It will be the second straight game between the rivals. The Islanders earned a convincing win Tuesday night, when Jordan Eberle scored twice in a 6-3 win over the Penguins.Article continues below ...The victory capped an impressive road trip for the Islanders (6-4-1), who outscored a trio of division rivals — the Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes — by a 14-5 margin. With the win Tuesday, New York (6-4-1) pulled within one point of Pittsburgh (6-2-2).“Good team over there (and) they (are) going to be ticked off,” Islanders center Anders Lee told reporters following practice Wednesday. “We’re expecting an absolute response and we’ve got to be ready to go.”Eberle said the Islanders are focused on avoiding a letdown as they return home for a three-game homestand. New York, which will face the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Montreal Canadiens on Monday, played just three home games in October.“A lot of times you go on the road and you have a good road trip, you come home and you’re a little bit lackadaisical Patrick Roy Jersey ,” Eberle told reporters Wednesday. “We’ve got to be back on the ball (Thursday).”The Penguins are hoping to get a little more good fortune than they did Tuesday, when the Islanders scored their six goals on just 25 shots. One of Eberle’s goals was scored on a breakaway after he collided with left winger Carl Hagelin.“I don’t think we gave them a ton of opportunities, but the few they had went in the net,” Penguins defenseman Jack Johnson told reporters afterward. “There’s a lesson to be learned from that.”Thomas Greiss will start at goalie for the Islanders, who lost starter Robin Lehner to what the team is calling a “strain” after the second period Tuesday. Greiss preserved Lehner’s win by stopping 12 of 13 shots.The Penguins’ starter is unknown after Matt Murray was pulled midway through the second period Tuesday in favor of Casey DeSmith. Murray took the loss after giving up four goals on just nine shots before DeSmith made 14 saves.“Sometimes you make the change. It’s not so much about the goalie as it is about the rest of the group,” Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan told reporters afterward. “We just thought it was the right thing to do at that particular time. I don’t fault Matt for the goals.”Greiss is 3-1-0 in six career games against the Penguins. Murray is 2-3-0 in five appearances against the Islanders. DeSmith faced New York for the first time Tuesday night. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Mike Smith and Calgary’s defenders were plenty busy in Smith’s 37th career shutout.Smith made 43 saves and Sean Monahan scored twice to lead the Flames to a 3-0 victory over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night.Elias Lindholm also scored and Johnny Gaudreau assisted on all three goals for Calgary, winners of two of three.The loss was Nashville’s first after a pair of road wins to open the season.Smith was stellar, especially in the second period when he turned aside 21 shots. Nashville had a two-man advantage for a full 2 minutes in the period.“It was huge Womens Samuel Girard Jersey ,” Smith said. “At that time of the game, to kill 2 minutes straight 5-on-3 says a lot about the character of our group. Our penalty killers did a tremendous job in front of me blocking shots and getting important clears.”Smith’s best save came with 12:29 remaining in the second, when he gloved Ryan Hartman’s wrist shot from the left side at the conclusion of a 2-on-1 rush.“I don’t think we took away his sight very well, maybe a couple of instances,” Hartman said. “I think we could have (done) a better job of being in front of him, make it a little harder for him. … He had a great night.”Lindholm scored the game’s first goal with just under four minutes remaining in the opening period.With Calgary on a power play, Gaudreau carried the puck through the slot and found Lindholm on the right side, where he beat Pekka Rinne with a wrist shot on the glove side for his third goal of the season.“We started on time. … I liked our first period,” Flames coach Bill Peters said. “Obviously for me Semyon Varlamov Jersey , the 3-vs.-5 penalty kill for the full 2 minutes, that was huge. It was 2-0 at the time. We were plus-2 on the specialty teams, so credit both the power play and the penalty kill.”Rinne finished with 24 saves.“I think you have to give their goalie some credit,” Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. “He played a really good game. I don’t think the chances were as good in the first period as they were in the second and third periods. It seemed like we fired more pucks and made it a little more difficult in the later periods.”The Flames doubled their lead at 5:22 of the second on a power-play goal from Monahan.Rinne kicked aside Matthew Tkachuk’s shot from the high slot, but the rebound landed right on the tape of Monahan’s stick on the left side, where he had an easy tap-in.Early in the third, Monahan carried the puck into the Nashville zone on the left side on a 2-on-1 with Mattias Ekholm defending. With Ekholm splayed on the ice, Monahan’s shot hit the Swedish defenseman’s left skate and slid between Rinne’s pads.“When you play with the players I play with, it makes it easy http://www.avalancheshoponline.com/authentic-sergei-boikov-jersey ,” said Monahan, who leads the Flames with four goals. “When you get looks I get, obviously it’s pretty lucky.”NOTES: Before the game, Nashville raised three banners, honoring last regular season’s Central Division title, Western Conference regular-season championship and Presidents’ Trophy. … Gaudreau, Monahan and Tkachuk have all recorded at least one point in each of Calgary’s three games this season. … Gaudreau has 18 points in 13 career games against Nashville.UP NEXTFlames: At St. Louis on Thursday night.Predators: Host Winnipeg on Thursday night.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: alisawhite123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13405 Themen und 17806 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor