Scott Taetsch/Getty ImagesWashington Nationals star

in Sprachpolitik 21.03.2019 08:10
von zhangzk • 145 Beiträge

Bryce Harper found himself in the middle of multiple run-ins with home plate umpire Laz Diaz during Friday night's game against the Atlanta Braves at SunTrust Park Tommy Hunter Jersey , and Washington skipper Dave Martinez wants MLB to look into the situation."I'm not going to make any comments on balls and strikes there, but umpires are supposed to be nonconfrontational. They're supposed to uphold the peace on the baseball field," Martinez said. "For me, I think MLB needs to take a look at that. That's all I'm going to say. I've known Laz for a very long time. I'm not going to throw anybody under the bus, but we're in a pivotal moment of the game, and he's saying things to Harp, and I thought that was uncalled for."The first incident was rather unusual, as Diaz stepped out from behind home in the bottom of the fifth inning and said something to the Nationals dugout while pointing at Harper Will Middlebrooks Jersey , who had struck out swinging in the top of the frame, in center. As Tom Gatto of Sporting News pointed out, the MASN broadcast picked up some of what Diaz said in the exchange."He needs to cut it out," Diaz said, per Gatto. "You need to talk to him. You need to talk to him. ... You take him or I will, I guarantee you that. ... That's OK, I'll take care of it. ... I'll take care of it."Diaz did not eject Harper ut that was not the last of the confrontations.When the 2015 National League MVP stepped to the plate in the top of the seventh, he took issue with Diaz calling a strike on a pitch that appeared to be well outside. As the two exchanged words Francisco Rodriguez Jersey , Martinez came out to protect his player. Neither Harper nor Martinez was tossed.Harper finished 1-for-5 with one RBI and the one strikeout. Afterward, he discussed what happened."That's my biggest thing this year is I don't want to get tossed. So, I think I go to the edge and then kinda quiet up," Harper said.Harper also said Atlanta catcher Tyler Flowers heard what Diaz said.The Braves won the game, 10-5, but chief baseball operator Joe Torre and Co. will certainly have to take a look at what went down on the field in Atlanta on Friday night. Former MLB pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka suffered an arm injury at a spring training fan event in Okinawa, Japan.According to the Associated Press (h/t ESPN.com), an "overzealous admirer" yanked on Matsuzaka's throwing arm Jake Arrieta Jersey , causing inflammation.Matsuzaka is a member of the Nippon Professional Baseball league's Chunichi Dragons after playing for the Boston Red Sox and New York Mets in the majors from 2007 through 2014.Dice-K arrived in the United States to plenty of fanfare in 2007 as Boston's prized signing. After going 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA as a rookie, he enjoyed his best season in 2008, as he finished fourth in the American League Cy Young Award voting with an 18-3 record and 2.90 ERA.Matsuzaka was never the same after that, though, as he had an ERA of 4.42 or higher in each of the next five seasons. He also underwent Tommy John surgery in 2011, which marked the start of his arm injury issues.After posting a 3.89 ERA in 34 appearances (nine starts) with the Mets in 2014, he went back to Japan and signed with the NPB's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks.Matsuzaka was a dominant pitcher in Japan for the Seibu Lions prior to making the leap to Major League Baseball, and he was twice named the MVP of the World Baseball Classic for Team Japan.Over three seasons Nick Williams Jersey , Matsuzaka made just one appearance for Fukuoka because of injuries, which led to his signing with Chunichi.Last season, Matsuzaka was named an All-Star and finished with a 6-4 record and 3.74 ERA en route to being named the NPB Comeback Player of the Year.Matsuzaka was expected to be a big part of the Dragons' success in 2019, but he has been told to cease throwing until the inflammation subsides.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Scottbal.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15858 Themen und 20279 Beiträge.

Heute waren 12 Mitglieder anwesend:
Bomondruck, caicai2017, chenyan94, Geraldgon, JuliaSor, piterrise, rardTeall, saleggshoes, Scottbal, shoesvipser, WilliamThice, zhangzk

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor