The Mets are missing a pair of injured infielders, and the calenda

in F r e i s t i l 10.04.2019 03:33
von panxing18 • 505 Beiträge

PORT ST. LUCIE http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey , Fla. (AP) — r hasn’t even reached March.Third baseman Todd Frazier injured his left oblique muscle and will return to New York for a cortisone injection, the second Mets infielder to get hurt at spring training after fellow infielder Jed Lowrie.The 33-year-old Frazier had an MRI that revealed the injury.“I was hitting the ball great, and then I felt a little tightness in my left side,” Frazier said Tuesday.Frazier said he had not experienced the injury before.“I thought I was doing everything right,” he said. “I’m frustrated, very frustrated myself. It’s just one of those things where you come into the year all healthy and ready to roll and this happens. It’s not fun.”Frazier hit 18 homers and drove in 59 runs in 115 games last year Sean Rodriguez Jersey , when he went on the disabled list for the first two times in his big league career. He was out from May 8 to June 2 with a left hamstring strain and from July 9 to Aug. 2 with a left ribcage muscle strain.He altered his approach to spring training this year.“I wanted to try something different – going slow. And this has to happen,” Frazier said. “It’s not the best start. Luckily it happened in spring training and we can nip this thing in the bud and get ready for the season.”New general manager Brodie Van Wagenen isn’t sure of the seriousness of Frazier’s injury.“It’s hard to tell. I think with obliques it’s sort of a day-to-day progression to see how it evolves. The MRI wasn’t overly alarming, but clearly we’re going to shut him down and start building him up from there,” Van Wagenen said.Lowrie, 34, is not participating in baseball activities because of pain in the back of his left knee.Van Wagenen said Jeff McNeil, who has been spending time in left field Felipe Vazquez Jersey , will continue to play there early in spring training but could be moved to third later.Notes: RHP Zack Wheeler didn’t like his mechanics in his first start and said he felt off, particularly in his windup when he moved too much. He called his fastball command “iffy” and only pitched one inning, allowing one hit and two unearned runs. “Body felt fine, arm felt fine, just a little mechanically off,” said Wheeler, who was 12-7 with a 3.31 ERA last season. … Wagenen said SS Adeiny Hechavarria will see more repetitions at third base http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey , where he has played just 22 games during his seven-year big league career. … Detroit beat the Mets 14-4 in a split-squad game. Robinson Cano had two hits and Rajai Davis homered. New York committed four errors. The other Mets’ squad lost 403 to Atlanta in Kissimmee. Luis Guillorme had two hits. CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Indians outfielder Leonys Martin has been cleared to resume physical activities after a major health scare.The 30-year-old became extremely ill this summer shortly after he was acquired in a trade from the Detroit Tigers. Martin contracted a bacterial virus that affected his organs and jeopardized his life. Doctors were able to eradicate the infection and Martin was eventually released from the hospital.The Indians said Martin underwent a scheduled checkup Tuesday at the Cleveland Clinic and was told he could begin an unrestricted offseason strength and conditioning program.The team anticipates him being ready for the start of the 2019 season.Cleveland had traded for Martin to address its pressing need for a center fielder following a slew of other injuries. But he ended up playing in only six games, and the Indians moved second baseman Jason Kipnis to center.Martin has a career .248 average with 49 home runs in five plus-seasons with Texas, Seattle, the Cubs, Tigers and Indians. He agreed to a $3 million, one-year deal with Cleveland last month to avoid salary arbitration.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: recpgooser
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13247 Themen und 17647 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:
Bremaracure, dawang123, hongwei28, huge12345, mmocs, tujue, xuezhiqian123, zellomaxy

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor