Houston Astros third basemen Alex Bregman blasted umpires Wednesday

in F r e i s t i l 10.04.2019 03:45
von panxing18 • 602 Beiträge

night after a triple was changed to an out because of fan interference.In the sixth inning of Houston's 3-2 loss to the Colorado Rockies Wily Peralta Jersey , Bregman seemingly led off with a triple; however, it was determined after review that a fan prevented Rockies outfielder Gerardo Parra from making the catch after reaching over the wall and touching the ball.According to ESPN.com, Bregman was highly frustrated by the decision:"It was a f--king joke, and they should be f--king ashamed of themselves. Obviously, the guy has never played f--king baseball before in his life, the guy in charge of whoever made that decision."There is no possible way you can say that a left fielder jumping backwards into a wall is guaranteed to make a catch.It changed the whole f--king game. We're up 2-1 at the time, I'm at third base. We need a fly ball to the outfield to get me in, and it's 3-1. It's f--king horrible."The Astros did not score a run in the sixth, and they went on to lose after a walk-off home run by Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon.Although there is no guarantee Parra would have made the catch, he said this after the game:"It almost hit me in the face. I thought http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , 'What happened? At the last second the ball moved.' I never saw the fan touch the ball until I saw the replay, but I feel I would have had that ball."Theofficial MLB rulestates that a batter will be called out if fan interference "clearly prevents a fielder from catching a fly ball."The 24-year-old Bregman has come into his own this season with a .282 batting average, 21 home runs and 68 RBI.He was also named the 2018 All-Star Game MVP by virtue of hisgame-winning homerin extra innings for the American League.Despite Wednesday's controversial loss, the Astros are sitting pretty with a five-game lead over the Seattle Mariners in the AL West.The win was huge for Colorado since it trails the Los Angeles Dodgers by 1.5 games in the NL West and the the Atlanta Braves by 1.5 games for the National League's second wild-card spot. The Los Angeles Dodgers regained a foothold in the National League Championship Series on Tuesday as they outlasted the Milwaukee Brewers in 13 innings.Now the series comes down to who can win two of the next three games, with Game 5 at Dodger Stadium on Wednesday.Each team is in need of a quality start (Wade Miley for Milwaukee and Clayton Kershawfor L.A.) in Game 5 after both their bullpens were stretched out.Thursday's rest day for the trip back to Milwaukee will be welcomed with open arms by the two clubs, with the Game 5 winner likely emerging as the favorite to advance to the World Series. NLCS ScheduleGame 5:Wednesday, October 17, at Los Angeles (5:05 p.m., FS1)Game 6:Friday, October 19 Alex Gordon Jersey , at Milwaukee (8:39 p.m., FS1)Game 7:Saturday, October 20, at Milwaukee (9:09 p.m., FS1)**if necessaryOdds (via OddsShark)Game 5Milwaukee (+135; bet $100 to win $135)Los Angeles (-163; bet $163 to win $100)PredictionDodgers in 6The momentum boost earned from the Game 4 win at home will propel the Dodgers into the driver's seat for Game 5 as Kershaw controls the contest.In four of his last six postseason starts, Kershaw hasconceded two runs or fewer, and he's been untouchable at home in his last three playoff outings, giving up one earned run in 19 innings.Kershaw will continue his postseason form against a Brewers team that recorded two hits after the eighth inning in Game 4.The Brewers are hitting .231 in the series, and National League MVP candidate Christian Yelich only has three hits in 16 at-bats (.188).Jeff Gross/Getty ImagesThe combination of an in-form Kershaw and anunderperforming Milwaukee lineup will hand Game 5 to the Dodgers before the series shifts back to Miller Park.Based off what we've seen throughout the NLCS, the Dodgers will rely on Hyun-Jin Ryu in Game 6 to toss five or six strong innings before handing the ball over to the setup men and eventually Kenley Jansen.The simple transition from starter to bullpen is going to be helped by a few early runs http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , with Manny Machado once again being the catalyst.Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesBrewers manager Craig Counsell has shown his hand on multiple occasions, and no matter how impressive one of his starters looks, he's insistent on riding his relievers to success.How smart that strategy is at the back end of a seven-game series remains to be seen, but if the Brewers are forced to use up bullpen arms for the majority of Game 5, the day off can only help so much.The performances of Kershaw and Ryu will set the tone for victories, while Machado, who has six hits in 17 at-bats, will end up as the NLCS MVP for his clutch hits in both Games 5 and 6 to send the Dodgers into their second straight World Series. Follow Joe on Twitter, JTansey90.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ZacharyDen.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15814 Themen und 20235 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied anwesend :
piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor