With the NLCS set to begin on Friday

in Aktivitäten zur Sprachpflege 06.05.2019 04:58
von liny195 • 268 Beiträge

Mike Piazza Jersey , Dave Roberts talked about who will be getting the start in games two through four."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and Notes2018 NLCS: Dodgers vs BrewersDodgers News & NotesDodgers announce starting rotation for NLCSNew,144commentsByBlakeHarris@BlakeHarrisTBLAOct 11, 2018,7:05pm PDTShareTweetShareShareDodgers announce starting rotation for NLCSBenny Sieu-USA TODAY SportsThere was almost zero question as to who would get the start in game one of the NLCS. Before the series even started, it was announced Clayton Kershaw would get the nod on Friday. With this decision set, it was unclear who would follow in the remaining games. On Thursday, Dave Roberts announced who will be starting in games two through four. Getting the start in Game 2 will be Hyun-Jin Ryu. This comes as a bit of a surprise, as Ryu has been lights out at Dodger Stadium. On the road, Ryu had a 3.58 ERA, compared to a 1.15 ERA while at home. On Wednesday, Roberts was asked whether or not he would take that into consideration. “We understand that he has pitched better at home this year than on the road,” Roberts said. “He’s a veteran pitcher that regardless of where we decide he pitches, we expect him to throw the baseball well. We’re confident that whenever he pitches he’s going to pitch well.”Taking the ball in Game 3 will be Walker Buehler. The rookie made one start against the Brewers this season. Back on July 31, Buehler allowed one run in seven innings while striking out seven. Roberts discussed what the thought process was that went into deciding the rotation. “The thought process is Hyun-Jin pitched Game 1 in the DS http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , and not to give him the two extra days to not pitch Game 2 and then to pitch Game 3, so I think that to keep him as current as possible, to keep him going,” Roberts said. “He’s pitching really well. And then also just to give Walker just a couple extra days on the front end to get him ready. So we just felt that Clayton starting Game 1, Hyun-Jin going Game 2, and then Walker, gives each of these guys the best chance to perform at their best.”Game 4 duties go to Rich Hill. In two starts versus Milwaukee this year, Hill allowed two runs, with 13 strikeouts in 12 innings. With the Dodgers announcing their starting rotation, the Brewers released their starters as well. Surprisingly, Gio Gonzalez will be getting the nod in Game 1, not Jhoulys Chac铆n like many expected. With Wade Miley going in Game 2, the Brewers will throw lefties for the first two games. “I know that those guys have a process in place on how they want to approach the series,” Roberts said on Milwaukee throwing back-to-back lefties. “So we were kind of open to whatever direction they were going to go as far as starting pitching. As far as our lineup Chase Utley Jersey , it’ll be somewhat similar to [Sean] Newcomb. I might tweak a thing or two, just because you also have to combat and prepare against those guys deploying their guys in the pen.”Craig Counsell talked about what went into his decision to start Gonzalez in Game 1.“So with Gio we just -- we like the matchup,” Counsell said. “We like the matchup against their lineup. And you know, we talked about -- look, it’s no secret that we’re going to use our pitching a little differently than traditionally, than the traditionalists would like. And so for us the first matchup that we liked was Gio on the mound. We’re asking Gio to go out there and get a bunch of outs. How many, you know, we’ll just see how it goes.”With Jhoulys Chacin slated to start Game 3, there’s still a chance he pitches in game one.“Yeah, I mean look, I will tell you Jhoulys is available in Game 1,” Counsell said. “At this point I think the Game 3 starter is penciled in. It’s likely to be Jhoulys, but he’s also -- he’s available to pitch tomorrow, for sure.”Game 1 is Friday at 5:09 p.m. PT on FS1. Oakland Athletics right-hander Trevor Cahill is as flummoxed as anyone by his extreme home/road splits this season.The veteran right-hander has a sparkling 0.87 ERA in eight starts at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum in 2018 but owns a 6.62 mark in seven road outings this season.“I think it’s just baseball http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey ,” Cahill said.Article continues below ...Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t have an answer, either. “I haven’t seen any difference as far as his stuff goes,” Melvin said.Whatever the reason for the glaring discrepancy, the A’s will be counting on Cahill (5-2, 3.12 ERA) to buck the trend Thursday night when they open a four-game series against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis.Cahill is 1-1 with a 4.30 ERA in six career appearances, including four starts, against Minnesota. He has not faced the Twins this year, though.Oakland fell one game back of the Houston Astros in the American League West race Wednesday with a 4-2 loss against the Texas Rangers. The Athletics had won two straight and four of their last five before Wednesday’s setback and have compiled a 13-5 record in August. .“We’ve been playing great and bringing the same attitude every day,” Melvin said of his team, which entered Wednesday’s game with a .264 collective batting average and a 2.64 ERA in the first 17 games this month.That level of play, as well as the A’s attitude, have propelled them into the AL playoff picture. Though they’re right behind front-running Houston in the West, they will hold a comfortable 4 1/2-game lead over Seattle for the second AL wild card when they take the field against the Twins, whose postseason dreams were dashed weeks ago.Minnesota is using these last few weeks to evaluate its young talent Maury Wills Jersey , including Thursday starter Kohl Stewart.Stewart posted a 4.76 ERA with Double-A Chatanooga to start the season and earned his first big league call-up after going 0-3 with a 3.98 mark in seven appearances (five starts) for Triple-A Rochester.He allowed three runs over 4 1/3 innings Aug. 12 in his major league debut at Detroit and allowed three more runs his next time out, but lasted just 2 2/3 innings in the latter game, a 7-5 loss to the Tigers on Saturday in Minneapolis. The 23-year-old only Stewart (0-1, 7.71) allowed three hits in that outing but walked four while throwing just 31 of his 65 pitches for strikes.“You just can’t fall behind guys like that, can’t walk guys,” said Stewart. “I’ve got to give my team a better chance to win. It was not acceptable. I just wasn’t getting ahead, wasn’t executing pitches. I was one pitch away there in the third, and tried to do too much and got myself in trouble.”Despite those struggles, manager Paul Molitor opted to leave Stewart in the rotation for another go-round after sitting down with him for a postgame chat.“It’s a learning experience. I just talked to him about, it’s not so much executing (or) what you’re throwing, it’s, ‘What are you feeling?'” Molitor said. “You’ve got to really be able to seize the moment in terms of controlling your emotions, and do what you do. And it just seemed like it got a little fast.”

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind anwesend:
traktorFlect

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: traktorFlect.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15795 Themen und 20216 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder anwesend:
Bomondruck, traktorFlect

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor