CHICAGO -- Gordon Beckham was struggling and the Chicago White Sox are banged up. [url=http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite

in F r e i s t i l 19.06.2018 09:36
von jokergreen0220 • 397 Beiträge | 15 Punkte

CHICAGO -- Gordon Beckham was struggling and the Chicago White Sox are banged up. Jim Kelly Bills Jersey . That didnt stop them from completing a sweep of the rival Chicago Cubs. Beckhams tiebreaking homer in the eighth inning helped the White Sox beat the rival Cubs 5-1 on Tuesday night. Beckham was 1 for 6 in the White Soxs 3-1, 12-inning win Monday over the Cubs, but he matched a career high with four hits Tuesday. The fourth one, on a 1-2 pitch with two outs from Neil Ramirez (0-1), gave Beckham his first homer of the season and the White Sox the lead, one they held to sweep the two-game series at Wrigley Field before the teams start a two-game set Wednesday across town at U.S. Cellular Field. Entering Tuesday, Beckham was 3 for his last 17 and hitting just .167 on the season. But he took extended batting practice earlier in the day, and that paid off later. "It was great. I mean great night, completely blessed to have it and definitely comes at a good time," Beckham said. "Good win." The sweep was made more impressive by what the White Sox have been battling. Their best pitcher, starting third baseman, centre fielder and right fielder are all injured, and Adam Dunn was a late scratch and replaced in the lineup by Moises Sierra. Sierra had four hits, and the White Sox had their third straight win. "Theyre scrapping and finding a way to do it. Especially with all the injuries of guys going down you just kind of have to find your way sometimes and scratch and claw and take what you can get," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "Theyve been doing that, which is good." Theyve also been pitching well against the Cubs, who lost their third straight. Zach Putnam (1-0) had an 18.90 ERA in five games for the Cubs last season but threw two scoreless innings for the White Sox, who have won consecutive games against the North Siders for the first time since taking three in a row in 2012. The White Soxs starter had another good night but wasnt the beneficiary of Beckhams home run and the three ninth-inning insurance runs -- capped by pinch-hitter Jordan Danks two-run double off Pedro Strop -- that also gave the White Sox their third straight win after a four-game skid. Hector Noesi gave the White Sox their second straight strong start against their crosstown rivals. One day after Jose Quintana took a no-hitter into the sixth, Noesi went five innings and allowed one run while striking out six. "Not very good (the past two nights)," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. It was also a departure from Noesis first start of the season, when he lasted just 3 2-3 innings and allowed four runs in an April 30 loss to Detroit. "I really would like to be a starter," Noesi said. "I feel comfortable." Like Noesi, Cubs starter Edwin Jackson saw one of his better outings end up in a no-decision. Jackson entered with a 5.24 ERA but went seven innings and gave up one run while striking out a season-high nine, following up Jeff Samardzijas nine-inning, one-run outing Monday. "That game yesterday ... Samardzija threw a hell of a game," Jackson said. "I cant lie and say that didnt give me some extra motivation today to come out and follow up that performance with a strong outing." The White Sox did, too, and finished a two-game sweep of the Cubs. "Its good. I mean we need to keep, no matter who it is, keep grinding out and getting some wins. Last three games has been good," Beckham said. "Weve found a way to win in some tight games and obviously pulled a bit today but its good team-building stuff." NOTES: Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer said there have been no trade talks yet. "Teams have to have a sense that they cant fill a hole internally," he said. "People dont usually come to that conclusion in May." ... White Sox manager Robin Ventura said LHP Chris Sale (left arm) was feeling "good" one day after a 40-pitch bullpen session and that hell have another session "in the near future." ... Cubs RHP Jose Veras, on the disabled list since April 26 with a strained left oblique, threw a scoreless inning Tuesday during a rehab stint for Double-A Tennessee. ... White Sox 3B Conor Gillaspie (left hand) is eligible to come off the DL Wednesday, and Ventura said "youre hoping that hes back pretty soon." ... The Cubs will play a day-night doubleheader at Cincinnati on July 8 to make up the game from April 28, which was postponed due to rain. Josh Allen Jersey . He wants to seize that opportunity. The trouble is, Firus has had more bumps on the road to Sochi than most. Last year, Firus had the skate of a lifetime in the short program at the Canadian championships when he landed his first triple Axel in competition and finished third in a stacked field. Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Perhaps as important, shes sending a message to 17-year-old gold medal favourite Sara Takanashi of Japan. Iraschko-Stolz relegated Takanashi, who has 10 World Cup victories this season, to second place in two of three training jumps Saturday. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Jim-Kelly-Bills-Jersey/ . The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders are giving it a try, too.ST. PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota is hardly a marquee place in major professional sports, a midsized market in the middle of the country best known on the coasts for the length and extremity of its winters.In the NHL, though, theres evidence mounting to the contrary. Thomas Vanek was the latest free agent to pick the Wild, two summers after Zach Parise and Ryan Suter jolted the league by coming as a package deal.Its a good city to live in and play in, so I dont see why this wouldnt be a destination of choice, said Jason Pominville, who was traded to the Wild last year and liked the surroundings enough to sign a new contract.After advancing to the Western Conference semifinals last season, the Wild have returned with a roster to match the hockey-maven populace and quality-of-life features in the Twin Cities area. Winning, of course, is the ultimate sell.Good players want to play with good players. Hopefully that trend is going to continue, Parise said.Vanek was the one, ironically, who first encouraged Pominville to embrace this place when he was traded by Buffalo. Vanek and Pominville were teammates with the Sabres for eight years and neighbours, too, and the Montreal-area native wasnt familiar with Minnesota.He loved Buffalo a lot, which I did too, Vanek said. But I told him, Youll like it there. Theres a lot of good fans. And after a week or so, he called me and said, You know what? Youre right. I do like it here a lot.Pominville signed a five-year, $28 million deal a few days before last season, and that has now kicked in. Vanek signed for three years and $19.5 million. Two seasons ago, Parise and Suter each signed 13-year, $98 million contracts.People recognize the talent that you have. So were getting better, general manager Chuck Fletcher said.Another factor in the Wilds favour has been the cultivation of prospects who have begun to contribute. With Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle and Jonas Brodin the standouts, the Wild will likely send a 20--man lineup to the ice for the season opener Thursday against Colorado that includes 11 players age 24 or younger. Josh Allen Bills Jersey. The 14-year-old Wild dont have much on an original six franchise and the Twin Cities area is dwarfed by New York or Los Angeles in glamour and density, but Minnesota has produced more NHL players than any other state. Canada will always be king, but the land of frequently frozen lakes is a legitimate landing spot for many of this sports best.Vanek was raised in Austria but played at the University of Minnesota, winning an NCAA championship in 2003. Parise grew up in the Twin Cities area, the son of a former NHL star. Suters roots are across the border in Wisconsin, but his wife is from Bloomington, where the North Stars used to play before moving to Dallas and creating the void filled by the Wild.Stephon Marbury once infamously swore off a long-term NBA career with the Timberwolves because of Minnesotas cold weather, but for players in this league the climate during the season feels no different than western Canada or northern Europe. Good schools for the kids and postcard-quality summer days help, too, and the depth, history and passion of the fan base is a plus.With the Suter-Parise signings as the impetus, the season-ticket base for 2014-15 is the highest in owner Craig Leipolds nearly seven years running the team.Weve got the total package here and I think we need to continue to push that, Leipold said. We have a really great product to sell, and thats one reason we know that Thomas Vanek was interested. Anybody who has ever played in Minnesota wants to come back.Vanek has kept an off-season home in the Twin Cities area, so he had opportunity to settle his family. He wasnt going to pick the Wild, though, if they hadnt shown the same promise on the ice.I liked the team, I liked the depth, I liked the veteran players that we have, I like the young guys, Vanek said, and overall I think its a good mix. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind anwesend:
LesterMaync

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LesterMaync.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14325 Themen und 18741 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, bilawreich, goldengooseits, LesterMaync, Platonrix, RobertDrump, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor