make the TTuesday night start against

in F r e i s t i l 10.07.2018 11:19
von zxlbxj1 • 106 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Anthony Rendon homered to spark a three-run seventh inning, and pinch-hitter Nate McLouth came through with a tiebreaking sacrifice fly as the Washington Nationals rallied past the Houston Astros 6-5 Wednesday night for a two-game sweep. Washington extended its NL East lead to 1 1/2 games over Atlanta and Miami. The Nationals open a four-game series against the Braves on Thursday night in Washington. Rendon led off the seventh against Josh Zeid with his 10th home run, cutting the deficit to 5-4. Jayson Werth walked and went to third on Adam LaRoches single off Darin Downs (1-1). Kyle Farnsworth came on to face Ryan Zimmerman, who grounded into a fielders choice, beating the relay to first as Werth scored to tie it. Ian Desmond then doubled Zimmerman to third. After Danny Espinosa was intentionally walked, McLouths long fly to left field scored Zimmerman with the go-ahead run. Aaron Barrett (3-0) got one out for the win and Rafael Soriano earned his 15th save. Matt Dominguez drove in two runs for the Astros, who have lost three straight. Rendon, a Houston native, is 9 for 18 against the Astros with seven RBIs. For the second night in a row, neither starter made it past the fifth inning. Astros right-hander Scott Feldman left after five innings with a 4-2 lead. He gave up six hits and three walks while striking out five. Gio Gonzalez, activated Wednesday after missing 29 games due to left shoulder inflammation, pitched five innings, allowing four runs and five hits. He struck out six and walked three while throwing 93 pitches. Gonzalez has allowed 16 earned runs over 12 1-3 innings in his last three starts, including his last two before going on the disabled list. His ERA climbed to 4.94, the highest it has been in June or later since 2009. A replay review helped Washington take a 1-0 lead in the first. Denard Span walked and was called out attempting to steal second. Nationals manager Matt Williams challenged the call, and after a replay review it was overturned. Span then moved to third on an infield single by Rendon and scored on LaRoches sacrifice fly. In the third, Werth walked, stole second and scored on Desmonds single. With Houston trailing 2-0 in the fourth, five straight Astros reached safely. After a walk and a hit batter, Jon Singleton singled to load the bases. With the count 2-1, Dominguez lined Gonzalezs fastball to left field for a two-run single. Jason Castro followed with an RBI double and Jonathan Villar added a sacrifice fly to put Houston ahead 4-2. The Nationals cut the deficit to one when Spans two-out double in the sixth scored Espinosa. The Astros got it right back in the seventh. Robbie Grossman went from first to third on a single by Jose Altuve and scored on Ross Detwilers wild pitch. NOTES: The Nationals stole a season-high five bases, all in the first three innings. ... Houston RHP Brad Peacock (stomach virus) didnt make the trip to Washington and will rejoin the team Thursday when it opens a four-game series at Tampa Bay. ... RHP Jordan Zimmermann (5-3, 2.98 ERA) opposes Atlanta RHP Gavin Floyd (1-2, 2.98) in Thursdays series opener. ... Houston RHP Collin McHugh (4-4, 3.03) faces RHP Chris Archer (3-4, 3.40) on Thursday at Tampa Bay. Eric Ebron Jersey . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. Custom Colts Jerseys . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice. http://www.nflcoltsgearsshop.com/Black-Q...ey.html?cat=937. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raptors have traded forward Steve Novak along with a second-round pick to the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Diante Garrett - who will then be waived. Ryan Grant Colts Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. Darius Leonard Jersey . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and boosted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night.TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost 5-1 to American League West-leading Oakland and dropped three of four to the Athletics. Below are some news items following Mondays game. HAPPS PITCH COUNT J.A. Happ was brilliant on Monday afternoon, working seven innings and throwing 116 pitches in the process. Happ has a tendency to work a high pitch count relatively early in games. He can be up near 90 or 100 by the fifth or sixth innings. "He gets a lot of foul balls," said manager John Gibbons. "Hes not a control-type guy. Ideally youd wish hed throw more strikes but to this point thats not who he is but he does get a lot of foul balls and that tends to run the count up pretty good." Happs 116 pitches on Monday was a season high for the left-hander, who will depart the ballclub for a few days to attend his grandfathers funeral. "I definitely had a heavy heart," said Happ, who became emotional. "I tried to use it. I probably had a little bit of a different attitude, a different outlook, given the last few days. But … I felt good and will be glad to get with family this week." Happ has been placed on the bereavement list, which leaves him a window of between three and seven days to be away from the ballclub. The move allows the Blue Jays to recall right-hander Todd Redmond from Triple-A Buffalo in time to make the TTuesday night start against the Red Sox.dddddddddddd ROGERS OKAY WITH MOVE BACK TO BULLPEN Esmil Rogers has struggled of late and is headed back to the bullpen. As for 2014, hell pitch where the Blue Jays put him. "Any opportunity they give it to me Im going to take it," said Rogers. "It doesnt matter if its in the bullpen. it doesnt matter if its nowhere. I just want to be in here. Thats where I want to be. It doesnt matter if its going to be like a funny thing, like an umpire, I want to be in the big leagues. I want to be here to help the team win." Rogers made 13 starts for the Blue Jays and initially was effective. Hes struggled of late, however, allowing 20 earned runs in his last three outings (12 1/3 innings.) As a starter, Rogers has a 5.48 ERA and a WHIP of 1.565. In those 13 games opponents hit .307 against Rogers and had an OPS of .863. RASMUS HURT Colby Rasmus wasnt in the Blue Jays starting lineup on Monday. "We talked (on Sunday) about giving him a day off," said manager John Gibbons. "He tweaked his ab a little bit too. Hopefully its not a big deal. Well know a little bit more (Tuesday.") Rasmus, who turned 27 on Monday, has a good chance to eclipse his single-season career high in home runs (23 – 2010 with St. Louis and 2012 with Toronto.) He has 18 so far this year. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Gear China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 3 Gäste sind anwesend:
LesterMaync

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LesterMaync.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14325 Themen und 18741 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, bilawreich, goldengooseits, LesterMaync, Platonrix, RobertDrump, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor