The leadoff man started the day with 15

in F r e i s t i l 13.07.2018 10:17
von zxlbxj1 • 106 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Brandon McCarthys wife had more trouble slogging through Yankee Stadium traffic than he did against the Cincinnati Reds. McCarthy earned his first win for New York with an impressive debut in pinstripes, and Brett Gardner drove in three runs from the leadoff spot to send the Yankees past the Reds 7-1 on Saturday. Told his wife, Amanda, tweeted several wisecracks about all the highway congestion that delayed her arrival at the ballpark, McCarthy could only smile. "If everybody isnt apprised of what shes doing every few minutes, God knows what would happen," he said. Carlos Beltran homered, Kelly Johnson hit a two-run single and the Yankees ended Alfredo Simons six-game winning streak in the right-handers first outing since the All-Star game. Derek Jeter had an RBI single, and New York won the first two in a three-game interleague series, leaving Cincinnati with five straight road losses. "I think this is kind of a blip in the radar, but we certainly need to turn things around if we want to get that game tomorrow," Reds manager Bryan Price said. Acquired from Arizona in a July 6 trade, McCarthy (1-0) struck out nine and walked none over six innings in his second start for New York and first at home. He said the Yankees have encouraged him to throw his cutter, a pitch he was instructed to scrap with the Diamondbacks. "Hes got top-of-the-rotation stuff, and were really glad to have him," catcher Brian McCann said. "He was doing whatever he wanted to on the mound today." McCarthy threw 71 of 99 pitches for strikes, improving to 3-0 with a 1.78 ERA in his last four outings after winning only once in his initial 16 starts this season. "Actually, that was the frustrating part about the beginning part of the season is, I felt sharp," McCarthy said. "I felt like everything was where I wanted it to be, I just wasnt doing everything I needed to to get the best out of it. So I felt like Ive thrown better this year than any year in the past, its just the results havent followed." The right-hander was 3-10 with a 4.80 ERA for Arizona before New York obtained him to upgrade a rotation depleted by injuries to four starters. His first outing for the Yankees was a no-decision July 9 at Cleveland. "You realize that youre putting the pinstripes on for the first time, but I try and wash all that away as much as I can and just focus on execution, focus on my routine, what Im doing. All that stuff I can think about later," McCarthy said. "I mean, youre pitching for the Yankees, and thats an opportunity no matter what the circumstances are. For me, its at a point in my career where I want to be challenged. I really want to be in a pennant race. I wanted to be closer to the playoffs. I wanted to be in a market that is difficult. I wanted that kind of stuff to see if I could push myself to the next level, so its a great opportunity in that sense." A converted reliever, the surprising Simon (12-4) is tied for the big league lead in wins -- but he was betrayed Saturday by a Reds defence that entered with the highest fielding percentage and fewest errors in the majors. The right-hander allowed four runs -- two earned -- and five hits in five innings, the first time he failed to finish six innings since going 3 2-3 in a 6-3 loss at Dodger Stadium on May 27. He went 6-0 with a 2.47 ERA in his next eight starts. Chris Heisey homered for the Reds, struggling to mount much offence this weekend without injured boppers Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips. Adam Warren, Shawn Kelley and Matt Thornton finished for the Yankees, who struck out 13. It was the first time they whiffed that many without issuing a walk since July 7, 2006, at Tampa Bay. Cincinnati has struck out 23 times and walked once in the first two games of the series. "Weve got to pick it up a little bit," Todd Frazier said. "Thats not where we want to be." NOTES: Simon fell to 0-3 in seven games, including four starts, against the Yankees. ... McCarthy entered 0-2 with a 14.73 ERA in two starts and one relief appearance against Cincinnati. He had a 6.89 ERA in three previous starts at Yankee Stadium. ... Before the game, Frazier and Reds President of Baseball Operations Walt Jocketty gave Jeter framed jerseys autographed by the clubs two captains, Dave Concepcion and Barry Larkin. Jeter also was presented with three photos taken June 3, 2003, the day he was named the 11th Yankees captain while the team was in Cincinnati. ... Looking to avoid a three-game sweep, Cincinnati sends another All-Star to the mound Sunday when RHP Johnny Cueto (10-6, 2.13 ERA) faces RHP Hiroki Kuroda (6-6, 4.10). Gonzalo Higuain Juventus Jersey . As Valanciunas was whistled for a rare technical toward the end of the third quarter - a result of waving his hand at an official after being called for a foul - Lowry pulled the Raptors sophomore aside, corralling him by his jersey and patting him on the back. Douglas Costa Jersey . With the union re-formed, negotiations with owners will resume Friday on the remaining issues that would be in the collective bargaining agreement, according to a person familiar with the plans. http://www.authenticjuventusteamshop.us/...entus-Jersey/.K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear. Andrea Barzagli Juventus Jersey . Its not intended to be some magical formula and doesnt apply any context, like, for example, taking injuries into account. This remedial statistical method has gone 9-5 in picks through the first three rounds. Paulo Dybala Jersey . The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. ATLANTA -- With their playoff hopes uncertain, Atlantas struggling batters picked a bad time to get no-hit by Cole Hamels and three Philadelphia relievers. "You feel like youve hit a good stride," manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "And all of a sudden you go through a stretch where you score one run in 27 innings, and lucky enough to win one of those games." Hamels and the Phillies bullpen combined on the seasons fourth no-hitter, blanking the Atlanta Braves 7-0 Monday. Atlanta lost 4-0 two days earlier to Miami and beat the Marlins 1-0 Sunday. The Braves, who had won 11 of 15, began Monday 1 1/2 games back in the NL wild-card race. But nobody could solve Hamels and the Philadelphia bullpen. Jason Heyward drew two walks and stole three bases. Atlanta was otherwise punchless. "He walked a few guys on and he gave us an opportunity," Justin Upton said after going 0 for 3 with two strikeouts. "We should have executed in that situation, but we didnt and it just kind of steamrolled from there." It was all the more unusual in that Hamels left the game with his bid intact after six innings. He was fine with the decision, too, having already thrown 108 pitches at a hot afternoon at Turner Field. "Just understanding the situation, every time I went out there I was battling control issues," Hamels said. "I wasnt getting ahead of guys. Walking the leadoff hitter will put you in a lot of trouble, and it does. It builds up your pitch count." Hamels (8-6) struck out seven, matched a season high with five walks and hit a batter. Relievers Jake Diekman, Ken Giles and closer Jonathan Papelbon each pitched a perfect inning to finish off the gem. A smiling Hamels watched from the bench as they finished off what he started. Clayton Kershaw and Josh Beckett of the Dodgers and Tim Lincecum of the Giants threw no-hitters earlier this year. Right fielder Marlon Byrd foiled the Braves best bid for a hit. With runners on second and third in the third inning, Byrd raced in and toward the line to make a diving catch on Chris Johnsons slicing liner to end the inning. Johnson came close again in the ninth with a grounder up the middle. Shortstop Jimmy Rollins ranged behind the bag to make the play. Phil Gosselin then lined out to first baseman Darin Ruf, who had taken over in the ninth for Ryan Howard, to end the game. Hamels singled and scored in the sixth inning, and got pats of congratulations in the dugout after pitching the bottom half.dddddddddddd He was on deck in the seventh, but a decision already seemed to be made when he was pulled for pinch-hitter Grady Sizemore. The 30-year-old Hamels already had impressive accomplishments on his resume -- in 2008, he was the MVP of the World Series and the NL championship series, and hes a three-time All-Star. Diekman struck out two and Giles fanned three before Papelbon took over. This was the 11th combined no-hitter in major league history. Kevin Millwood and five Seattle relievers teamed up to do it against the Dodgers in 2012. The first combined no-hitter came in 1917 when Babe Ruth walked the first Washington batter of the game and was ejected, and Boston Red Sox reliever Ernie Shore didnt allow another runner. Roy Halladay pitched the previous two Phillies no-hitters -- he threw a perfect game against the Marlins in 2010, then threw a no-hitter the same year in the playoffs against Cincinnati. It was 12th no-hitter in Phillies history. The last pitcher to no-hit the Braves was Ubaldo Jimenez of Colorado in 2010. Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg knew Hamels was tired and ready to come out of the game. Their discussion was a quick one. "He was pretty well spent there," Sandberg said. The early innings had something to do with it. The stressful innings, stranding the runners at second and third a couple of times, but he wasnt going to go nine." Ben Revere tripled and drove in a career-high five runs. The leadoff man started the day with 15 RBIs this season. Julio Teheran (13-10) gave up five hits and five runs -- two earned -- with four walks in 6 2-3 innings. He left after Reveres bases-loaded triple made it 5-0 in the seventh. Shortstop Andrelton Simmons error set up the runs. Philadelphia has won Hamels last five starts against the Braves. He owns a 0.97 ERA and four victories in that span. "Past the third inning he started throwing the ball where he wanted to," Johnson said. "With that cutter and that sinker both in, you didnt know which way it was going to go, whether it was going to go in on your hands or back towards the plate." UP NEXT Phillies: RHP Kyle Kendrick (7-11) starts Tuesday vs. Atlanta. He has a 6.55 ERA over his last nine starts. ... Braves LHP Mike Minor (6-8) is winless with two losses and a 2.77 ERA in two starts against Philadelphia this year. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MichaelHer.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14323 Themen und 18738 Beiträge.

Heute waren 9 Mitglieder anwesend:
Davidmal, goldengooseits, Hollycycle, Maureenexhal, MichaelHer, Roccobix, taputlonn, Tommyjow, WesleyNut

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor