Astros pitcher La

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 21.08.2018 10:07
von elaine95 • 278 Beiträge

More than four months have passed for Stefon Diggs since his yes-that-really-happened touchdown reception for Minnesota on the desperate last play from scrimmage gave the Vikings a postseason victory for the ages over New Orleans.

He still hears about the play a couple of times per week.

As nice as the accolades can be http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/tremaine-edmunds-jersey , they won’t win the Vikings any games this year.

”I’m kind of over it at this point. It’s definitely a blessing, but we’ve got a brand new season to worry about, a lot of exciting things taking place right now, so I’m going to focus on that,” Diggs said. ”It’s definitely an old smile right now.”

After a career-high eight touchdowns in 2017 while forming one of the NFL’s best wide receiver duos with Adam Thielen, Diggs has entered the final year of his rookie contract, bound for a big raise.

With Kirk Cousins now in place, he’s working with his fourth primary starting quarterback in as many seasons in the league. John DeFilippo also represents his third offensive coordinator.

Diggs is not one to be ruffled, though Adrian Clayborn Jersey Elite , not with the hurdles he has cleared over his career and the setbacks he’s faced in life since his dad died 10 years ago.

”For me, it’s just the same old building process, getting back going, getting the trust of your quarterback. That excites me, having a new challenge,” said Diggs, who went to the Atlanta area with Thielen earlier this spring to hang out with and catch passes from Cousins.

Those receiver-quarterback relationships are as important as any on the roster.

”As far as being our general and the guy that’s going to lead us, I put 100 percent faith in him,” Diggs said.

Diggs is not the only integral Vikings player with an expiring deal Youth Kalen Ballage Jersey , joining linebacker Anthony Barr and defensive end Danielle Hunter in the about-to-get-paid-a-lot club with no guarantee all three of them will fit under the salary cap.

The price for Diggs has markedly increased since the ”Minneapolis Miracle ” game not only because of the clutch catch.

Mike Evans (Tampa Bay), Sammy Watkins (Kansas City) and Jarvis Landry (Cleveland) have all signed new contracts since March with annual average values of more than $15 million. Diggs has been watching, naturally, with several public praises of his peers . Reading between the tweets? Diggs is clearly confident he’ll be in their situation soon.

”I like to congratulate guys every chance I get,” Diggs said. ”So for my particular situation, I let my resume speak for itself. It’ll figure itself out.”

If an extension doesn’t get done in 2018 and he becomes a free agent, he could still sign with the Vikings, of course. Exploring the market doesn’t sound like a goal of his, however.

”I love playing for the Vikings. I started here. I’ve had all my time here. I love my teammates. I love my staff. There’s no place I’d rather be Josey Jewell Color Rush Jersey ,” he said.

Barr was the only notable player missing on Wednesday from practice. Coach Mike Zimmer said Barr told him he wouldn’t attend, but Zimmer didn’t divulge a reason. Barr’s absence could be driven by a form of soft protest about the lack of a new deal or self-preservation from injury. These organized team activities in late May and early June are not required. Only the minicamp in mid-June is contractually mandatory.

One player whose presence was more pertinent than anyone’s absence was kicker Kai Forbath, who was startled last month when the Vikings drafted Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson in the fifth round. Such moves rarely end well for the incumbent.

”I fortunately have never lost a competition, and I’m not shying away from this one just because they drafted him,” Forbath said. ”As long as I make my kicks, everything should take care of itself.”

Rockets star Chris Paul is among many in the Houston sports world offering condolences to the families affected by an area school shooting that left 10 people dead.

Paul says: ”It’s tough, man. It’s scary that that’s become the norm here. We’ve got to do something about it.”

The shooting in Santa Fe, which is about 30 miles from downtown Houston, comes after 17 people were killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Chris Owings Jersey , Florida, in February.

Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch, who has two school-aged daughters and was with the Astros at training camp in Florida at the time of the Marjory Stoneman shooting, expressed anger that these shootings continue to occur.

He says: ”It’s heartbreaking, another senseless act of violence in our schools. We’ll copy/paste this answer for the next time something happens because we feel like there’s something happening on a routine basis that’s idiotic and terrible and miserable. I hope we can somehow find a way to get past it for one, offer our condolences to the people affected and more importantly figure out a way to stop this madness.”

The Astros issued a statement Friday offering prayers to those affected by the shooting. They added that they’d hold a moment of silence in their honor before Friday night’s game against Cleveland and that the Texas flags at Minute Maid Park would be flown at half-staff.

Astros pitcher Lance McCullers, who said he is working on a plan to help a student who was among the 10 people wounded in the attack, says something has to change to stop this from happening again.

He says: ”I just feel like there’s got to be some sort of solution. My heart goes out to the families and the kids who shouldn’t even have to worry about something like that.”

The Houston Texans also issued a statement sending condolences to the victims and thanking first responders and law enforcement who helped in the wake of the attack.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: luxelefrance
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12449 Themen und 16842 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
chenwen121314, laiyongcai92, liny195, tujue, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor