Darvish threw an

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 23.08.2018 05:17
von hongwei28 • 476 Beiträge

Joe Thomas remains torn about his football future.

He’s still holding.

Cleveland’s star left tackle Sean Lee Cowboys Jersey , who played more than 10,000 consecutive snaps before suffering a season-ending left triceps injury on Oct. 22, said Wednesday night that he’s undecided about continuing his Hall of Fame-caliber career – or retiring.

”Making progress,” the 10-time Pro Bowler said. ”Had a lot of time to think and spend some time with the family, but not ready definitively to make a decision one way or the other just yet. Really for me, my decision is just going to come down to do I feel like I’m healthy enough to survive another season?”

One of the NFL’s premier tackles, Thomas was on the field for 10,363 straight plays before his triceps ripped while blocking on a running play against Tennessee. Thomas planned to take the offseason to weigh his options, and he remains unsure if he wants to make a comeback or move on to a new career, perhaps in the TV broadcast booth.

Thomas isn’t leaning in either direction.

”There’s some days you go back and forth,” he said.

Thomas was a presenter at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards, which he attended with his wife, Annie. Thomas said he has not received any pressure to make his decision from the Browns, who are coming off a historic 0-16 season.

”I don’t think there’s any real rush at this point,” he said. ”Obviously http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dontae-johnson-jersey , they want to know before the draft and free agency, so that if they have to make different plans if I’m not going to be there, they want to know about it. I told them I’ll make a decision when I’m ready and let them know and give them as much time as I possibly can.”

Thomas said he won’t be medically cleared to play until summer, but that timeframe has no bearing on his decision.

”It’s seven-to-nine months from surgery, so that would put me in June or July,” he said. ”But I’m not worried about that. The elbow is something that’ll take care of itself. I feel confident the rehab has gone well and it will continue to go well. Really for me, knee and back are the primary issues that I’ve been dealing with a number of years.”

Thomas came close to quitting before when a back spasm in 2007 lasted four weeks.

”Couldn’t practice. Basically couldn’t tie my own shoes,” he said. ”And I go, `This is my last year. There’s no way I can do this another season.’ And I made it four more after that. So it’s weird the highs and lows that you go through during a season, especially because of the emotional and physical toll a game takes on you.”

The 18th annual sports awards brought out some of Cleveland’s biggest sports movers and shakers, including former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar, Indians manager Terry Francona and Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman. The event was hosted by ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi.

Former Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas received a lifetime achievement award at the gala event. The 7-foot-3 Ilgauskas was affectionately known simply as ”Z” by Cleveland fans who embraced the Lithuania native and made him one of their own.

Ilgauskas overcame two major foot injuries early in his career and played 13 seasons in the NBA before retiring in 2011 after one year in Miami. The Cavs retired his No. 11 in 2014.

Ilgauskas recalled that early in his career, owner Gordon Gund had a deal worked out to trade him to Detroit. He turned it down.

”I didn’t stay because of the weather,” he told the Cleveland crowd. ”I didn’t stay because of the food, but that’s gotten a lot better since 1996. I stayed because of you guys. You guys make this city what it is.”

LeBron James said Ilgauskas was one of his favorite teammates.

”We had a heck of a chemistry with our pick and pop Ed Dickson Jersey Seahawks ,” James said. ”Multi-talented guy but even greater person to be around every day. Came to work every day, showed up every day and he gave everything he could to this franchise and the Heat franchise.”

Sean Lee responded with strong words to criticism from former teammate Dez Bryant.

Tyrone Crawford felt compelled to tell the team these Dallas Cowboys won't be in the business of dramas such as Bryant's Twitter-fed rant early in training camp over who he felt was responsible for his offseason release.

With tight end Jason Witten's sudden retirement after 15 years for a TV job, the Cowboys can't defer to the franchise leader in games, starts and catches on any number of topics. Crawford, a defensive lineman, doesn't think they can replace the 2012 NFL Man of the Year either.

"If you're being real with yourself, Jason Witten's one of the best ever to do it," Crawford said. "And if you knew him as a man, one of the best men you'll ever get to meet. To me, there's never going to be another Jason Witten that's going to be around me."

Still, the Cowboys have to figure out life without Witten's leadership. Ask around, the answers will vary.

Quarterback Dak Prescott is a natural choice, both through leadership skills he demonstrated before replacing Tony Romo and the fact that the 25-year-old is already going into this third season as the starter.

Lee, now Dallas' only offensive or defensive player in his 30s (he's 31), always used to wait until the end of the week to address reporters in the locker room during the season. There's talk of him moving that up to be more visible 49ers Jeff Locke Jersey , and the 2016 All-Pro has left no doubt he knows things are different without Witten.

Center Travis Frederick and Zack Martin, who just signed a contract making him the highest-paid guard in the NFL, come up as well. But Frederick stops short of the idea of leadership by committee.

"Committee makes it sound like it's a huge group of guys," said Frederick, who started all 80 games in his first five seasons. "Traditionally in a team like this, you have a group of captains that are a strong group of leaders, maybe five, six guys. I think you're going to find that here.

"But there's been a lot of guys in training. I think that Dak is one of the guys that's most naturally a leader that I've ever been around in my life."

Bryant shockingly called Lee a "snake" on Twitter while suggesting the ninth-year linebacker had a hand in the club's decision to move on from its career leader in touchdown receptions.

Equally shocking was Lee's response, acknowledging that he and Bryant had been at odds over Lee's feeling that Bryant wasn't always accountable. Lee even suggested Bryant still wasn't holding himself accountable. It was the first time Lee had been forced to defend himself on such terms, and he left no doubt how he felt.

"I've been in a leadership role for a long time now and I need to take it to that next level," Lee said. "But there's also, we have a core group of guys. We have a lot of guys where it's easy to be a leader on this football team because of how many great leaders we have, all the way through, from the top to bottom."

Crawford, a seventh-year player who has been growing into a leadership role over several seasons Chiefs Derrick Nnadi Jersey , wasn't happy that the team found itself in the middle of an unexpected tiff.

"When it comes to things like that and getting focused, I get angry and I say what I want to say and that's what it is," Crawford said. "I feel like I need to say the right things at the right time and I do and that's it."

When Prescott became the starter because of a preseason back injury sustained by Romo two years ago, he spent half that season repeating that it was Romo's team. Somewhere in the middle of an 11-game winning streak, though, the conversation changed. The qualities to lead were already there.

"It's just about finding new ways to lead and it's going to continue to evolve each and every year 鈥?every year that I get more experience and I get older," Prescott said. "New ways I can come in contact with my teammates, motivate them or do whatever I have to do to get the best out of them."

Asked specifically about what Witten's departure meant for Lee's leadership role, coach Jason Garrett almost cut off the question.

"Witt was the guy who was out in front, the most veteran guy, incredibly well-respected guy," Garrett said. "But all these guys have been grasping that mantle for a long time. There's no one guy that can lead as a player. It just doesn't happen that way. You have to have it throughout your team."

The Cowboys had some tangible proof during the first week of training camp.

NOTES: Dallas placed rookie WR Cedrick Wilson, a sixth-round pick, on injured reserve with a shoulder injury and signed rookie Ricky Jeune out of Georgia Tech.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Stevenrhymn.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15931 Themen und 20354 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied anwesend :
piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor