LEBRON LOOMS

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 28.08.2018 04:26
von hongwei28 • 476 Beiträge

With the departures of longtime veterans and fan favorites Cordy Glenn Jersey Elite , the Kansas City Chiefs have tried to make their offseason roster turnover about youth, speed and aggressive play 鈥?an approach coach Andy Reid underscored Thursday with the official introduction of new arrivals Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens.

"We're so excited about the future, man, it's the energy level," Reid said. "We've got a great nucleus coming back, we've added some players that are top notch."

Second-year quarterback Patrick Mahomes headlines that young nucleus. Watkins adds depth to a receiving corps whose players are all 25 or younger.

Tyreek Hill and tight end Travis Kelce each topped 1,000 yards receiving last season and Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing as a rookie. Chris Conley and Demarcus Robinson add speed at wideout. The addition of Watkins marks a concerted effort to surround Mahomes with an array of options during his first year as a starting quarterback.

"I just need to put the ball in their hands and they'll all make the plays," Mahomes said.

General manager Brett Veach first to acquire Watkins from Buffalo last summer, only to see the Los Angeles Rams outbid him. Watkins hauled in 39 catches for 593 yards and eight touchdowns while bouncing back from a broken bone in his foot that limited him to eight games in 2016.

Veach finally got his man with a three-year, $48 million deal. He said he believes Watkins can blossom in Kansas City with a full offseason program developing chemistry with Mahomes.

"Don't let the production fool you, when you watch the tape, the guy is open all the time Authentic J'Mon Moore Jersey ," Veach said. "Literally, the guy is open on the time."

For Watkins, he enters an offseason healthy and happy for the first time in his career.

"I just feel like I've got more in my tank," Watkins said. "I haven't been to any minicamp or ever been able to attend any OTAs, so I feel like I can get a head start and be the best version of myself. Just to do it here is a pleasure because I had an opportunity to come to a team that really wanted me and I really wanted to be here."

Hitchens comes to Kansas City via Dallas, where he racked up a career-high 84 tackles last season. The Chiefs expect the 25-year-old linebacker to fill the void left by Derrick Johnson, the franchise's all-time leading tackler.

"That's a guy I looked up to through college and high school," Hitchens said of Johnson. "Him and Ray Lewis were my favorite two guys. To be able to play the same position in the same defense as him is a blessing."

The Chiefs hope Hitchens paired with 24-year-old linebacker Reggie Ragland can plug a leaky Chiefs run defense that ranked 27th against the run last season.

"They said they wanted more fire power and more hitting and more aggressive," Hitchens said. "They said they have some players but that's what they wanted to be based on."

Reid also envisions Hitchens as an every-down linebacker.

"Hitch has that ability like D.J. did to get small and has that feel of getting into those tight cracks and making those tackles that you saw D.J. do," Reid said. "He's also a good cover guy."

The Chiefs will look different in a lot of places next season. Mahomes replaces Alex Smith, who was traded to Washington. Two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Peters was dealt to the Rams for draft picks and, besides Johnson Youth Vinny Curry Jersey , the Chiefs also parted ways with Tamba Hali, who ranks second only to Derrick Thomas in career sacks. Safety Ron Parker is gone, too.

Reid, however, is looking forward to his 20th season as head coach.

"We're fired up about this whole thing," Reid said. "You know I'm not great at standing up and saying, 'Hey, you know, here we go.' But I'm ready to roll and we're sitting here in March."

CLEVELAND – Two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber, who is pitching like he wants to add a third Cy Young to his resume, will be on the mound Friday night as the Cleveland Indians begin a nine-game homestand with the opener of a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins.

Kluber (10-2, 1.99 ERA) has gone six starts Cheap Customized Buffalo Bills Jerseys , 41 innings and 168 consecutive batters since he last walked a hitter. His last walk came over a month ago, on May 8.

In six starts since then, Kluber is 5-0 with a 1.09 ERA, 46 strikeouts and no walks in 41 innings. Kluber this season almost has more wins than walks. He has 10 of each.

One of those 10 wins came against the Twins, on April 17, a 6-1 victory in which Kluber pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing one run and five hits with six strikeouts and two walks.

How good has Kluber been this year? His ERA in his two losses and his two no-decisions is 2.30. He could very easily be 14-0.

His two losses were by the scores of 2-1 and 3-2. The score in one of his no-decisions was 3-2. In the other no-decision, the Indians were winning 2-0 in the seventh inning when Kluber was removed from the game.

In 20 career starts against Minnesota, Kluber has a record of 9-5 with a 3.21 ERA.

Cleveland returns home after going 4-3 on a trip to Detroit and Chicago, although the Indians have scored just eight runs in their last three games.

“We’ve been scuffling to score some runs the last few days,” Indians manager Terry Francona said.

The Twins come to Cleveland having just lost two of three games in Detroit.

Kluber’s mound opponent of Friday will be right-hander Kyle Gibson (1-4, 3.45). Gibson’s only win came in his first start of the season Adidas Daniel Sedin Jersey , on March 31. Since then, he is 0-4 but with a decent 3.75 ERA.

Gibson’s biggest problem has been a lack of run support from his teammates. In Gibson’s 13 starts, the Twins have scored an average of 3.6 runs per game.

Gibson’s last start against Cleveland came June 3 when he received no decision in a 7-5 Minnesota win. In that game, Gibson pitched 5 2/3 innings, giving up two runs and two hits with seven strikeouts and two walks. In 14 career starts against Cleveland, Gibson is 2-6 with a 5.60 ERA.

Minnesota’s lineup for Friday’s game will have a different look after the Twins on Thursday optioned struggling third baseman Miguel Sano to Class A Fort Myers. After hitting .264 with 28 home runs and 77 RBIs last year, Sano this year was batting .203 with seven home runs and 27 RBIs, and he had struck out in nearly half (66) of his at-bats (148).

“He needs to be the guy we think he can be. He’s not there right now,” Twins manager Paul Molitor told MLB.com. “We have to take a step backwards here and determine the steps moving forward.”

The Twins are also expected to activate first baseman Joe Mauer off the disabled list on Friday. Mauer has been sidelined since May 18 with a neck strain. The Twins will announce another roster addition to replace outfielder Jake Cave, who was optioned to Triple-A Rochester on Thursday.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: frodure.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15872 Themen und 20294 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, frodure, nostagoose, piterrise, RolandoMn

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor