lled his ankle late in Seattle’s 7-4 loss W

in F r e i s t i l 30.08.2018 09:06
von panxing18 • 602 Beiträge

Josh Rosen is a smart young man and in the early stages of Arizona Cardinals training camp he's doing a lot of thinking.

The rookie from UCLA is looking forward to the day where the pro offense he is trying so hard to master is second nature and he can play with pure reaction. Because he's had a few decision-making errors lately Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey , including an ill-advised interception on Saturday.

Asked Sunday about the rookie quarterback's first training camp so far, Arizona coach Steve Wilks mixed praise with a bit of criticism.

"Throughout practice you could see again the accuracy," Wilks said. "He threw one ball right down on the seam that was on-point. I showed that in the team meeting. Again, his decision-making sometimes, we've got to make sure we can shore that up."

It's a valid point, Rosen said.

"I absolutely understand what he's saying," Rosen said before Sunday's practice. "I turned the ball over a little bit last practice and at a couple of OTAs. He has a goal and I have a process in which to go about it and my process is I have to own the playbook."

Once he has mastered the plays, he reasons, he will not have to think so much but simply react, and that will lead to the right decisions on the field. All the while not losing his trademark aggressiveness.

"I'm focusing so much on getting lined up and get everyone doing the right thing and trying to give it to the right guy," Rosen said. "When all that stuff is second nature you can focus on other things, but you can never give the ball to the other team. That's the biggest thing that most every coach presses in football is just take care of the ball.

"I'm not going to play overly conservative and not play who I am, but you just have to feel that soft spot. I'm definitely am aggressive and take shots but after to be very aware of situations and not make it too easy for the other team to get the ball, hand them the ball."

The Cardinals got Rosen Chase Daniel Jersey , the man they consider their future franchise quarterback, by pulling off a trade to draft him 10th overall out of UCLA.

This isn't Rosen's team yet.

Wilks said Saturday that the starter's job is Sam Bradford's to lose. For now, Rosen fights against Mike Glennon for the No. 2 job.

Bradford has impressed Rosen.

"I think people forget how good he is," Rosen said. "He's just unbelievably quick and decisive with everything he does and the ball doesn't touch the ground. It's his first year in this offense, too, and it seems like it's been his fourth. ... He's unbelievable and I'm going to try and top that. Whether now, later, whenever."

The easygoing Bradford says he is glad to help Rosen all he can.

"He's a good kid," Bradford said. "He's eager to learn, he wants to learn. He wants to be great. I think he's got the right attitude and the right mindset for this position and this league. I'm going to continue to do everything I can to help and make him the player that he's capable of being."

Rosen's confidence and ability have won over Larry Fitzgerald, one of the game's greatest receivers.

"Obviously, watching him through offseason, training camp, practice yesterday Darqueze Dennard Jersey , he's got a wealth of talent," 14-year NFL veteran receiver said. "The guy's got just an unbelievable skillset. He can make all the throws. He really picks up on things well, communicates real well with his teammates."

And the professionalism required to succeed at this level seems to suit Rosen.

"It's still very teammate oriented, there's a lot of chemistry things that you have to take into account," he said, "but it's like 'Go out on the field and do your job.' You're not worrying about anything else."

Right now, he said, his job is "owning" the playbook and showing he can implement it at a high level in practice and the preseason.

Bradford has a history of injuries. Rosen's big chance could come at any time.
In early April, Chris Herrmann was a free-agent catcher sitting on his couch at home wondering if he was going to play baseball again.

Now he is. And the Mariners are glad they found him.

Herrmann hit his first home run for Seattle, and Marco Gonzales pitched six solid innings to lead the Mariners to a 4-1 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday night.

Gonzales (9-5) gave up five hits while striking out seven in a 102-pitching outing. The lone run he gave up was Kole Calhoun’s sacrifice fly in the fourth inning to tie the game at 1.

Considering how rough a first inning the left-hander had, Gonzales gladly took the outcome.

”It was a constant chess game,” Gonzales said.

He had no control over his sinker. His changeup wasn’t getting over the plate. And he was working with a catcher in Herrmann – called up from the minors in late-May – with whom he had no familiarity.

But after regular catcher Mike Zunino was placed on the 10-day disabled list Thursday with a bruised left foot, it was up to Herrmann and Gonzales to figure things out.

”In that first inning, (Gonzales) did not have it. He really didn’t Josh Lambo Jersey ,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. ”I’ve been around a long time, and you see pitchers with six-to-seven years’ experience in this league that panic. They don’t have it, and they throw in the towel.

”It says a lot about his maturity and where he’s at.”

Gonzales escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first by getting Albert Pujols to ground into a double play.

”Give Gonzales some credit,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. ”He made some pitches and got out of it.”

In the fifth, Guillermo Heredia’s line drive went over Justin Upton’s head in left field for an RBI double gave Seattle the lead back at 2-1.

In the seventh inning, Herrmann’s solo blast off reliever Miguel Almonte carried deep into the right-field bleachers. Not a bad ending for a guy who did not find out he was in the starting lineup until five hours before first pitch.

”I know a lot of pitchers here have a lot of confidence behind Mike behind the plate, and I hope I can gain that confidence from these guys as well,” said Herrmann, who was signed by the Mariners to a minor league deal in early April after being designated for assignment by Arizona at the end of spring training. ”I am trying to do my part and fill in while he is gone.”

Dee Gordon tripled into the right-field corner with two outs, and Jean Segura greeted reliever Cam Bedrosian with a high-chopping RBI single to third baseman David Fletcher to extend Seattle’s lead to 4-1.

Gordon also saved a run in the eighth with his highlight-reel diving catch of Ian Kinsler’s line drive behind second base.

”It was just instincts. I just jumped as far as I could,” Gordon said.

Edwin Diaz struck out the side in the ninth to lock up his major league-leading 34th save.

The Mariners have not lost a home series since May 6, when they dropped two of three games to the Angels. They are 6-0-3 during that span.

Angels starter Jaime Barria (5-5) gave up two runs in 5 1/3 innings.

HERNANDEZ BACK `BETTER’

Seattle right-hander Felix Hernandez insists he feels much better before his scheduled start Friday against Colorado than he did nearly a week ago.

Hernandez tweaked his back during a workout in Baltimore. It tightened on him before his start Saturday against Kansas City – one in which he surrendered three earned runs before recording an out in a 6-4 victory. With the help of heat and ice packs, and more stretching, Hernandez’s back has felt better this week. He even threw an abbreviated bullpen session.

”I am better today Jarvis Landry Jersey , more loose,” Hernandez said. ”I will be fine.”

BIRTHDAY BOY

What did Japanese star Shohei Ohtani get on the day of his 24th birthday Thursday in Seattle? He got a seat on the bench against Gonzales, a left-hander. With Albert Pujols serving as the designated hitter, Jefry Marte got the start at first base after being activated from the 10-day disabled list earlier in the day.

Ohtani struck out in the ninth inning as a pinch hitter against Diaz.

ROSTER RESHUFFLING

Angels: To make room for Marte, the Angels sent outfielder Jabari Blash to Triple-A Salt Lake.

Mariners: Left-handed pitcher Ariel Miranda, who started 29 games last season, was granted his unconditional release from Triple-A Tacoma to pursue playing opportunities in Japan.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Angels: Outfielder Chris Young (left hamstring) had an MRI test on his hamstring Thursday. Results weren’t revealed, but he is still expected to be out past the All-Star Break. … Right-hander Nick Tropeano (right shoulder) will pitch Saturday as part of a rehab assignment. He will be limited to 60 pitches, Scioscia said. … Right-hander Jim Johnson (back) threw a bullpen session and is approaching a rehab assignment as well.

Mariners: Zunino (left ankle) was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a bruised left foot. He rolled his ankle late in Seattle’s 7-4 loss Wednesday running the basepaths and was walking around in a boot in the clubhouse Thursday. David Freitas was recalled from Tacoma to serve as the backup catcher behind Herrmann. … Outfielder Mitch Haniger was scratched from the starting lineup because of a bruised right knee. Heredia took his place.

UP NEXT

Rockies: Right-hander German Marquez (6-8, 5.14 ERA) faces off against one of his famous Venezuelan countrymen in Hernandez. He has never faced the Mariners, but is 2-0 in .

nach oben springen

RE: lled his ankle late in Seattle’s 7-4 loss W

in F r e i s t i l 30.08.2018 15:40
von Jasmin1 • 14 Beiträge

Thanks man

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ZacharyDen.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15841 Themen und 20262 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, chenyan94, piterrise, saleggshoes, xuezhiqian123, ZacharyDen, zhangzk

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor