Owens did thank

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 31.08.2018 04:40
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

– Anthony Davis stole the show and the New Orleans Pelicans stole home-court advantage from the Portland Trail Blazers.

Davis had 35 points Mark Walton Jersey , 14 rebounds and four blocks, Jrue Holiday and Rajon Rondo won the backcourt battle, and the Pelicans held on for a 97-95 victory on Saturday night in Game 1 of their Western Conference first-round series.

Holiday added 21 points, outplaying both Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, and had a big blocked shot in the closing seconds as New Orleans escaped after Portland erased almost all of a 19-point deficit.

”It’s the playoffs,” Holiday said of his final block. ”A lot of excitement and a lot of energy especially in the building. Obviously, that was a really big stop and at that moment it felt good to get a stop. It felt good to know that all the hard work we put in this game, we got the win, so we did a really good job at that.”

Rondo finished with 17 assists, eight rebounds and six points.

Portland made a charge that cut it to 93-92 on McCollum’s 3-pointer just inside a minute left. Lillard missed in the lane with 15 seconds remaining with the Blazers still down one, and after Davis made two free throws, Holiday blocked Pat Connaughton’s layup with 6.3 seconds to go.

Blazers coach Terry Stotts and several players said that the play was designed for a 3-pointer, but the Pelicans successfully took those options away.

Perhaps that had something to do with Rondo knowing everything the Blazers were ready to throw at them and relaying that knowledge to his teammates.

”He’s in a different mindset,” Davis said. ”He was up all night watching film. When they were calling plays out there he was telling us what it was in our version before they had a chance to run it. He’s definitely locked in. The way he played tonight with 17 assists, he’s just in a different mode for the playoffs.”

Lillard finished with 18 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, while McCollum had 19 points.

The sixth-seeded Pelicans were the only road team to win on the opening day of the NBA playoffs. Nikola Mirotic had 16 points, 11 rebounds and also blocked four shots to help Davis earn the first victory of his playoff career.

It looked like it would come easily Quenton Nelson Jersey , as the Pelicans extended a nine-point halftime lead to 69-50 on Holiday’s dunk with 4:25 left in the third quarter. It still seemed safe when Davis threw down a thunderous alley-oop slam from Rondo with 6:09 to play, letting out a scream as Portland took an 86-72 lead.

Portland’s rally came up short, but the Blazers vow to do better in Game 2 with regards to going after Davis.

”Getting to the basket, he’s around,” McCollum said. ”You know, he blocked my shot in the first quarter, maybe made some contact. But he’s always there, he’s always around roaming. But there’s no excuses. We got to play better.”

Portland’s two stars finished with just three combined free-throw attempts. McCollum says it’s on them to force the issue.

”Maybe we need to be more aggressive getting downhill,” McCollum said. ”You’ve got to figure out how the referees are reffing the game and go from there.”

TIP-INS

Pelicans: New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry is a believer in ”Playoff Rondo,” the idea of Rondo elevating his game in the postseason. ”I think there is a sense of confidence that he has, especially this time of the year,” Gentry said. ”He’s a really bright player. One of the smartest guys I’ve ever been around. I’ve obviously had the opportunity to coach Steph (Curry), Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Grant Hill. When you start talking about the extremely smart players, he’s one of those guys. I also think he has a way of giving confidence to the other guys. He makes them believe in themselves.”

Gentry says he relishes having someone who can lead the team in the way Rondo can. ”I know it’s like an old clich锟? but it really is like having an extra assistant coach.”

Trail Blazers: Among the challenges for the Blazers in this first-round series, none ranks higher than defending Davis. Terry Stotts said that he would begin the series with Jusuf Nurkic, who did not see much time on Davis in the regular season Deion Sanders Jersey , on the All-Star big man.

Nurkic played 24 minutes, finishing with 11 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks.

In a surprise, rookie Zach Collins played 22 minutes off the Blazers bench, up from his regular- season average of 16 minutes per game.

UP NEXT

Game 2 is Tuesday night in Portland.

Terrell Owens always likes being the center of attention. His decision to skip the induction ceremony for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August will keep him far from the spotlight.

Owens was voted into the hall in February after being denied in his first two years of eligibility. His announcement Thursday is unprecedented by an enshrinee.

"Hopefully, the story this summer will remain about those that will be there instead of the one that will not," said Howard Balzer of SiriusXM Radio, a 15-year voter for the Hall of Fame.

In a statement released Thursday by his publicist, Owens said: "While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.

"After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere," Owens added. "At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction."

The hall confirmed that the former All-Pro receiver informed them he would not be on hand Aug. 4 for the enshrinements.

"We are disappointed but will respect Terrell's decision not to participate in the enshrinement," Hall of Fame President & CEO David Baker said.

"While unprecedented, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the nearly 5,000 volunteers and the entire community are committed to celebrating the excellence of the Class of 2018 that will kick off the NFL's 99th season.

"As we do not want to detract from this great honor being enjoyed by the seven other members of the class of 2018 鈥?Bobby Beathard Maliek Collins Jersey , Robert Brazile, Brian Dawkins, Jerry Kramer, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss and Brian Urlacher 鈥?their family, friends, and fans, the Pro Football Hall of Fame will have no further comment on the decision made by Terrell Owens."

Owens entered the league as a third-round pick by San Francisco in 1996 and developed into a star known for some memorable playoff appearances, including his winning 25-yard TD catch to beat Green Bay in 1999; his 177 yards in a comeback win against the Giants in 2003; and his nine catches for 122 yards in the 2004 Super Bowl against New England just seven weeks after breaking his leg.

He ranks second to Jerry Rice with 15,934 yards receiving and is third on the all-time touchdowns receiving list with 153.

Owens heavily criticized the voting process when he failed to be elected in 2016 and 2017. Among the reasons he fell short were his being considered a divisive teammate and negative presence in the locker room.

Still, he received strong consideration for the hall before getting in last February, along with Moss, another standout receiver.

"I think T.O. actually was disappointed when he got in this year," said Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News, who presented Owens' case for induction and has been on the selection committee for 16 years. "I think he was happier when he got snubbed and could play the part of the persecuted victim and moan on every radio talk show that was willing to bring him on about the unfairness of the process.

"Maybe he was worried that he would become forgotten after the induction ceremony. This way, he gets his gold jacket, but still will be remembered as the guy who told the hall to go stuff it."

Another Owens supporter in the hall voting, Jarrett Bell of USA Today Josh Bellamy Jersey , has been on the selection committee for 21 years and was "at a loss to understand" why Owens would decline to attend the inductions.

But Bell, like Baker, stressed Owens' absence would not affect the ceremony much.

"Think of the other members of the class of 2018," Bell said. "They deserve their upcoming honor and the celebration. There's no stain on them because someone doesn't want to show up.

"Think of the players who gave their all to the sport, including many worthy of Hall of Fame consideration, who will never be enshrined. Think of the family members of former players, coaches and officials 鈥?many of whom have passed away 鈥?pushing for their loved ones to receive special recognition for career accomplishments. Then think of Terrell Owens. In that order."

As perhaps an indicator he might skip the August ceremony, Owens didn't attend the announcement that he'd been selected to the hall.

"All these years Owens wanted to go to the hall and was quite vocal about it," said Rick Gosselin, a hall voter for 23 years. "Now he doesn't want to go to the hall? It's kind of puzzling. ... I wonder what all of his new teammates wearing those gold jackets think."

Owens did thank the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals in his statement and called becoming a Hall of Famer "an honor to be part of such elite company. This honor is something that I will cherish forever."

He just won't be on hand to see his bust unveiled in August.

"But don't think of even considering it a sad day for the Hall of Fame," Bell said. "The hall will always be bigger than one person."

New England Patriots Elite Jerseys ,

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: prom-electric.ru LOF01.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15932 Themen und 20356 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied anwesend :
piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor