in the minor league phas

in F r e i s t i l 05.09.2018 08:29
von panxing18 • 602 Beiträge

The Panthers have signed three potential starters in the second wave of free agency.

Carolina signed safety Da’Norris Searcy and cornerback Ross Cockrell to two-year contracts on Friday and guard Jeremiah Sirles to a one-year deal. The financial terms were not released Corey Coleman Jersey , although Cockrell’s agency Reign Sports Management announced on Twitter his deal was worth $6.8 million.

Searcy and Cockrell both have North Carolina ties and were teammates before with the Buffalo Bills in 2014. It didn’t take them long to resume their trash talking with Searcy having played at North Carolina and Cockrell from rival Duke.

”There has been plenty of it already,” Cockrell joked on a conference call Friday.

Added Searcy: ”Oh yeah, it started when we got off the plane. We already played together and we carried that relationship over from Buffalo.”

All three free agents fill vacancies left from last season and could start for the Panthers in 2018.

Searcy was brought in to compete for a starting safety position that opened up when the team released veteran Kurt Coleman.

Searcy is a seven-year NFL veteran who spent the past three seasons with the Titans after four seasons (2011-14) with the Bills. His most productive season came in 2014 when he had 65 tackles and three interceptions.

Searcy played in all 16 games last season for the Titans with six starts, recording 27 tackles, one quarterback pressure, one interception and two passes defensed. He also had six stops on special teams.

He lost his starting job last season, but said he still sees himself as a starter.

”Situations change,” Searcy said. ”I took it on the chin and still helped the team and played excellent when I was there. I will carry myself as a starter and let the chips fall where they may.”

Cockrell, a four-year NFL veteran Whitney Mercilus Jersey , is expected to compete for the starting cornerback spot created when Panthers general manager Marty Hurney traded away Daryl Worley to the Eagles for wide receiver Torrey Smith earlier this month.

”I am ready to come in and make plays on the ball,” Cockrell said. That is what I do.”

Cockrell played in all 16 regular season games with nine starts for the Giants last season and led the team with 11 passes defensed. He also had 49 tackles and a career-high three interceptions, including one he returned for a touchdown.

He was drafted in the fourth round in 2014 and has played in 53 career games with 31 starts over his four-year career. Since entering the league he has recorded 153 total tackles, 32 passes defensed and five interceptions.

It will be a homecoming for Cockrell, who grew up in the Charlotte area and played at Charlotte Latin High School.

”It’s a great pleasure to come back and rekindle some family ties,” Cockrell said. ”This is great place to play football. We are not too far removed from a 15-1 season and a Super Bowl.”

Sirles enters his fifth season, having spent the past three with the Vikings and will have a chance to compete for the starting guard spot vacated when All-Pro Andrew Norwell signed with the New York Giants.

Sirles has played in 30 career NFL games with 15 starts.

He played in 14 regular season games with four starts last season for the Vikings, with all four coming at left guard.

The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Sirles helped the Vikings rank seventh in the NFL in rushing yards with 122.3 yards per game. In his starts Orlando Pace Jersey , Minnesota averaged 132 yards rushing yards per game, nearly 10 yards more than the season average.

He started a career-high 10 games while playing in 14 in 2016.

Russell Wilson struck out in his first spring training at-bat with the New York Yankees.

The Seattle Seahawks quarterback pinch hit for AL Rookie of the Year Aaron Judge in the fifth inning against Atlanta on Friday and swung past a 2-2 pitch from left-hander Max Fried.

"The best thing for me is, I had no fear," Wilson said. "I went up there with confidence. I was ready and will always remember that. And I'll remember when they announced my name."

Wilson received a loud ovation when introduced and fouled back the first pitch sharply to the screen.

"I used to go crazy when Derek Jeter walked up to the plate," Wilson said. "To have that feeling and experience, I'll never, never forget that. It always be a memory of mine, forever."

The decision to give Wilson an at-bat was made Thursday, and the Seahawks approved. Wilson did not take the field in the sixth to play defense.

"It was cool to see Henry Anderson Jersey ," said Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who was in the on-deck circle. "We were anticipating it all day.

A former minor league infielder, Wilson is spending this week working out with the Yankees, who acquired him from Texas last month and wanted to observe his leadership skills. He wants to soak up the attitude of a franchise with a record 27 World Series titles.

The 29-year-old Wilson led the Seahawks to the 2014 Super Bowl championship.

"It's been great all week," said Wilson, who took batting practice in a group that included Stanton and Judge.

Wilson will end his stay at Yankees camp Saturday.

"I think we share the same philosophy, it's not easy to win," Wilson said. "These guys know what they're doing. This is going to be a great baseball team."

In 93 career minor league games between Rookie-level Tri-City (2010) and Class A Asheville (2011) in Colorado's system, Wilson hit .229 with 19 stolen bases Zack Martin Jersey , five homers and 26 RBIs. In his last 15 games with Asheville in 2011, Wilson hit .302, had five extra-base hits and nine RBIs.

Wilson was selected by the Rockies in the fourth round of the 2010 amateur draft, and was acquired by Texas in the minor league phase of the 2013 winter meeting draft. He participated in Rangers' spring training workouts in 2014 and '15.

NOTES: RHP Masahiro Tanaka was not worried after not getting through the second inning of his first start. "Mistakes on my part," Tanaka said through a translator. He allowed four runs and four hits in 1 1/3 innings. ... Judge played right field for the first time since offseason left shoulder surgery. He made his debut Wednesday as the DH. ... OF Clint Frazier still has concussion symptoms and underwent an MRI.
Josh Okogie Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 3 Gäste sind anwesend:
LesterMaync

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LesterMaync.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14325 Themen und 18741 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, bilawreich, goldengooseits, LesterMaync, Platonrix, RobertDrump, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor