telephoned him in D

in F r e i s t i l 05.09.2018 08:58
von panxing18 • 602 Beiträge

Kirk Herbstreit will take Jon Gruden's place on ESPN's coverage of the NFL draft.

ESPN announced Thursday that Herbstreit will be part the opening night coverage of the first round in prime time on April 26 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Leonard Floyd Jersey , Texas. Herbstreit will be joined by host Trey Wingo, draft analyst Mel Kiper and NFL analyst Louis Riddick.

Rounds two and three are April 27, and rounds four through seven are April 28.

Herbstreit is the lead analyst for ESPN's "Saturday Night College Football" and the "College GameDay" pregame show.

Gruden left his job as analyst on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" in January to return to coaching as head coach of the Oakland Raiders. Gruden joined ESPN in 2009 and has been part of draft coverage since 2010.

Herbstreit said he was approached by Lee Fitting, ESPN vice president, college sports, about being part of draft night coverage.

"After we talked about my role, I was pumped up Johnathan Joseph Jersey ," Herbstreit told AP. "I'm going to stay in my lane and let Mel and Louis and Trey kind of say, 'Hey, the Broncos really need to do this.' I'll kind of be more of breaking down some of the prospects from a college football perspective. Once they told me I was doing that and not projecting ... I'm not into that at all."

Herbstreit has covered most of the players expected to be drafted in the first round, especially top quarterback prospects such as Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield, UCLA's Josh Rosen and Southern California's Sam Darnold.

"I'm hoping to bring a little bit of the intangibles and what makes this particular guy tick," he said.

Herbstreit has been part of "GameDay" since 1996. The show has grown into a three-hour marathon, often unscripted. The draft show is even more unpredictable Pat O'Donnell Jersey , but Herbstreit said his time on "GameDay" should help on draft night.

"As long as you do your homework, when you go on the set the ball can go anywhere and you're ready to go," he said.

President Donald Trump expressed appreciation for U.S. service members on Super Bowl Sunday, saying their bravery and sacrifice help make occasions like the year’s most-watched football game possible and renewing his criticism of NFL players who kneel during the national anthem.

”Though many of our Nation’s service members are unable to be home with family and friends to enjoy this evening’s American tradition, they are always in our thoughts and prayers,” Trump said in a statement about the game shortly before the matchup between the defending New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles got underway.

”We owe these heroes the greatest respect for defending our liberty and our American way of life. Their sacrifice is stitched into each star and every stripe of our Star-Spangled Banner,” Trump said. ”We hold them in our hearts and thank them for our freedom as we proudly stand for the National Anthem.”

The president has been critical of NFL players who exercise their right to freedom of expression by kneeling during the national anthem to protest unfair police treatment of minorities. Trump says the practice is disrespectful to service members Bennie Fowler III Jersey , and he has criticized the league and team owners for allowing the kneeling to continue.

Trump hosted a Super Bowl watch party at his private golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida. He and first lady Melania Trump arrived just before kickoff. The Florida Atlantic University Marching Band marked Trump’s arrival by playing ”Hail to the Chief,” ”Boogie Wonderland” and ”Shut Up and Dance.”

Trump thanked band members for a ”great job” and complimented their ”great talent” before entering the club.

The president didn’t say which team he was rooting for. He punted when he was asked his preference earlier this week at the White House, saying ”I better not get involved.”

However, Trump is good friends with Patriots owner Bob Kraft. Trump has said Kraft telephoned him in December, as he prepared to sign a package of tax cuts into law, to tell him that the tax bill is ”incredible.”

The president spent the weekend at his estate in nearby Palm Beach Doug Flutie Jersey , Florida, and returned to Washington late Sunday.

Shortly after the Eagles won 41-33, Trump tweeted, ”Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles on a great Super Bowl victory!”

Aaron Holiday Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind anwesend:
LesterMaync

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LesterMaync.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14325 Themen und 18741 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, bilawreich, goldengooseits, LesterMaync, Platonrix, RobertDrump, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor