The rebuilding Brooklyn

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 08.09.2018 04:21
von hongwei28 • 476 Beiträge

The Alex Smith era has begun in Washington as the Redskins completed their trade for the veteran quarterback.

Smith joined the Redskins from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a third-round pick and cornerback Kendall Fuller. The deal and Smith’s subsequent four-year contract extension were agreed to in February but couldn’t become official until Wednesday’s start of the new league year.

”I just wanted to say how excited and happy I am to be part of the Redskins team Max Garcia Jersey ,” Smith said in a video posted on Washington’s Twitter account. ”Can’t wait to build something great together.”

Smith replaces Kirk Cousins as the Redskins’ No. 1 quarterback. Cousins spent the past three seasons as Washington’s starter and played the past two on the franchise tag. He is being courted by the Minnesota Vikings.

”I have a tremendous amount of respect for Alex and what he was able to accomplish with us these past five seasons,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. ”He put every ounce of energy into making our football team better and I appreciate his leadership and how he came to work with the right attitude every day.”

Smith, who turns 34 in May, led the Chiefs to four playoff appearances in the past five years, throwing for 102 touchdowns and 33 interceptions. He carries a $17 million salary-cap hit for 2018.

The Redskins are expected to introduce Smith at a news conference Thursday with senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams and coach Jay Gruden. Less than 90 minutes after the trade was official Mike Adams Jersey , No. 11 Smith jerseys were seen at Redskins stores in the D.C. area.

At the scouting combine in Indianapolis, Gruden said it was time to move on from Cousins and find some continuity at quarterback. Cousins wrote a farewell ode to the Redskins on his website, thanking owner Dan Snyder, team president Bruce Allen, Gruden and former coach Mike Shanahan Kony Ealy Jersey , among others.

”Just like you never fully leave your hometown – you never fully leave your first NFL team, especially after six seasons,” Cousins wrote. ”My family and I will always have a piece of Washington deep in our hearts. I arrived as a single, 23-year-old from the Midwest – with a lot to learn and prove. I now leave as a husband of four years to my wife, Julie Andrew Whitworth Jersey , and a father to my son, Cooper – but still with lots to learn and prove.”

AP Sports Writer Dave Skretta contributed.

Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue‘s arrest for DWI last month after crashing into a bus while going the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel wasn’t his first. Donahue also faces a drunken-driving charge in his home state of Montana, Rich Cimini of ESPN reports.

The wreck last May 9 in Billings came nine days after the Jets drafted him in the fifth round. Donahue’s blood alcohol content was tested at 0.137, via Cimini. The legal limit is 0.08.

The county attorney’s office forwarded a charge of misdemeanor DUI to the Billings city attorney’s office, via Cimini.

It remains unclear whether the Jets knew about Donahue’s arrest last May.

Donahue faces discipline under the league’s substance-abuse policy.

San Francisco 49ers Elite Jerseys ,

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nviriforaxu.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15932 Themen und 20356 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder anwesend:
nviriforaxu, piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor