common theme” during e

in F r e i s t i l 14.09.2018 11:09
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-9)

OPEN CAMP: July 26 Stefan Charles Jersey , Richmond, Virginia

LAST YEAR: Injuries, ineffective running game and porous run defense derailed playoff hopes. Nine starters were on injured reserve by end of season, including left tackle Trent Williams, tight end Jordan Reed, and linebacker Mason Foster. Quarterback Kirk Cousins surpassed 4,000 yards for third straight year, threw for 27 touchdowns and ran for four, but had three interceptions in season finale that turned out to be final game with team. Blowing 31-16 lead at New Orleans in November ended realistic postseason hopes before Thanksgiving. Receiver Josh Doctson showed hope for future with 35 catches for 502 yards and team-high six TDs. First-round pick Jonathan Allen flashed elite ability on defensive line before foot injury halted season five games in. Defense allowed 348 yards and 24 points per game. Offense couldn't keep up while down several key weapons.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: QB Alex Smith, WR Paul Richardson, LB Pernell McPhee Maxx Williams Jersey , CB Orlando Scandrick, rookie RB Derrius Guice, rookie DL Daron Payne.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Cousins, WR Terrelle Pryor, WR Ryan Grant, TE Niles Paul, C Spencer Long, LB Will Compton, CB Kendall Fuller, CB Bashaud Breeland.

CAMP NEEDS: Sort out crowded field of running backs that includes Guice, previous starter Robert Kelley Keenan Robinson Jersey , Chris Thompson, and 2017 fourth-round pick Samaje Perine. Guice has talent and pedigree to emerge as feature back. Smith must get on same page with coach Jay Gruden and develop chemistry with Reed, Doctson, Jamison Crowder and rest of targets after years of them working with Cousins. Williams will get opportunity to show he's healthy after surgery to repair torn tendon in right knee. On defense, Scandrick will compete with Fabian Moreau and Quinton Dunbar for starting spot along with Josh Norman. Three days of joint workouts with Jets after two camps without outside competition should help Redskins prepare better than years past.

EXPECTATIONS: Winning season is realistic if Smith is as good as or better than Cousins and running game gets on track. Defense should be better with Alabama products Allen and Payne and return of Brown. Best case is competition for playoff spot behind NFC East favorite Philadelphia, while worst case is significant step back that endangers Gruden's long-term job security.

The standards are high in a place nicknamed ”Titletown.”

The first season with a losing record and without a playoff appearance since 2008 has led to an extensive shake-up this offseason for the Green Bay Packers.

Alex Van Pelt was the latest assistant to exit the staff after coach Mike McCarthy said his quarterbacks coach followed through on a contractual decision to pursue other opportunities.

Edgar Bennett is no longer offensive coordinator, though he may stay with the team in another capacity. The offensive-minded McCarthy will still call plays.

”When you say you have a standard at the Green Bay Packers, it stops right there,” McCarthy said at his season-ending press conference Thursday at Lambeau Field. ”I mean, the standard of the Green Bay Packers is to win world championships. Now, are we doing enough to win a world championship? That question needs to be answered.”

Joe Philbin Garrett Grayson Jersey , the assistant head coach with the Indianapolis Colts, could be a candidate to return to Green Bay. He was the offensive coordinator when the Packers won the Super Bowl in the 2010 season. Ben McAdoo, who was fired last month as coach of the New York Giants, was also a former offensive assistant in Green Bay.

On defense, McCarthy said holdover assistants Winston Moss, Joe Whitt and Darren Perry are candidates for the defensive coordinator position after Dom Capers was fired this week.

The Packers (7-9) finished in third place in the NFC North in a season in which quarterback Aaron Rodgers missed nine games after surgery for a collarbone injury.

”The part that no one wants to talk about is the personal aspect of it. That’s what keeps me up at night is the personal changes that you make. I’ll never, ever be comfortable with that,” McCarthy said about the coaching changes.

”But this is my professional responsibility, it’s in my job description and I have to do what I feel gives the Green Bay Packers the best opportunity to win – to win it all in 2018.”

The organization is searching for a general manager while Ted Thompson transitions to a senior adviser role in the front office. Thompson drafted Rodgers in the first round in 2005, and hired McCarthy as head coach the following year.

Under that trio, the Packers won the Super Bowl. The just-concluded streak of eight straight postseason appearances included five NFC North titles and three trips to the NFC title game.

”We had a hell of a partnership for 12 years Donald Penn Jersey ,” McCarthy said about working with Thompson. The coach added he’s involved in the GM search led by team president Mark Murphy.

”The draft-and-develop still needs to be the core of who you are,” McCarthy said.

Roster turnover can lead to changes in locker room dynamics when older players leave. Injuries sapped depth the last two seasons at the cornerback position, forcing younger players who may not have been ready for bigger roles to step up. Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix spoke about the toll that injuries took on defense, and the need for better accountability, as the Packers cleaned out their lockers on Tuesday.

McCarthy said better leadership was a ”pretty common theme” during exit interviews to cap a frustrating season. All aspects of football operations will be evaluated once the coaching staff is set.

”We didn’t continue our streak of playoff appearances, so we need to reboot, cleanse, however you want to word it,” McCarthy said. ”But we did not play to the standard of the Green Bay Packers and it’s my responsibility to make sure we get better and get back to that.”

LeBron James Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ThomasCam.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14324 Themen und 18740 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, Platonrix, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor