Authentic Womens M.J. Stewart Jersey

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 17.09.2018 10:44
von officialsbaseball • 303 Beiträge

The new owner of the Carolina Panthers is committed to keeping the team in the Carolinas.

And Charlotte is clearly his preferred choice.

But David Tepper left a bit of wiggle room on his first day as owner of the team.

The NFL unanimously approved Tepper's $2.2 billion purchase of the team from Jerry Richardson on Tuesday Dwight Clark Jersey , leading to immediate questions about the new owner's thoughts on replacing 22-year-old Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

"What's the name of the team? Carolina Panthers. It's going to be the Carolina Panthers," Tepper said. "And that means this team has to have some kind of presence in the Carolinas and last time I saw, how many are there? That's right, there's two of them."

Tepper seemed to be implying that he might consider other cities in North and South Carolina if efforts to build a new stadium in Charlotte fall through. The lease with Bank of America Stadium runs for only one more season.

But Tepper reiterated several times that the largest city in the Carolinas is the best place for the team.

"There is a logical place for this team, and it's Charlotte," he said. "And far as a new stadium, again, you're asking me too much and the only thing I have a market on now is lack of knowledge. I'll call it stupidity, so I've got that down. I'll learn a lot more in the future."

Tepper's purchase was the first order of business at the league's spring meeting in Atlanta. He was quickly approved after passing muster with the owners' finance committee during a morning session.

"We congratulate David and welcome him to the NFL," Commissioner Roger Goodell said.

Tepper is paying an NFL-record price to buy the team from Jerry Richardson, the team's founder and only owner since the Panthers entered the league in 1995.

Richardson abruptly announced he was selling the team last December after coming under investigation from the league for sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace. The probe is ongoing.

Tepper is the founder and president of global hedge fund Appaloosa Management, with a reported net worth of $11 billion. Already familiar to the league as a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, his purchase was quickly approved.

Tepper said he plans to formally take over the team in July.

In the meantime, he reserved judgment on both a new stadium and those who are running the football side of things, most notably general manager Marty Hurney and coach Ron Rivera.

"I do think they have a great team down there right now," Tepper said. "The biggest thing I can do is have a great appreciation of how stupid I am. Sometimes Ito Smith Jersey , it's better to do nothing than to do something."

Bank of America will be the NFL's seventh-oldest stadium after Los Angeles opens its new facility for the Rams and Chargers , and the Raiders complete their move from Oakland to Las Vegas .

That has raised the prospect of the Panthers seeking another home if they can't get a new stadium of their own.

Tepper touched on the idea of bringing a Major League Soccer team to Charlotte, which could improve the financial viability of a new stadium. The city was passed over in MLS' latest round of expansion.

"The first thing I care about is winning. The second thing I care about is winning. And the third thing I care about is?" he said, waiting for the media to give the obvious answer. "That's on and off the field. That includes charity aspect, community aspect and how you make a community better. So you win a lot of ways, and I don't like losing in any way."

Rivera said he looks forward to working with the new owner.

"He has a sense and a feel for football and he has been around it," the coach said. "Eventually I know we will sit down and talk some football and talk about this team."

While the owners were approving Tepper, the new-look Panthers were holding their first organized workouts some 250 miles away in Charlotte.

"For a lot of people, I am sure they are ready for some closure and for that transition to start," tight end Greg Olsen said. "I think this transition has been inevitable for a little while since it was announced that the team would be sold. I think for a lot of people in the building, the players, the team, just to put all of this to rest and move forward in the new direction that the team is going with."

Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at s://apnews/search/paul%20newberry

AP Sports Writer Steve Reed in Charlotte contributed to this report.

Maybe it was poetic LeBron James had a supporting cast on his injured right hand.

He was missing one in the NBA Finals.

For the second time in a career still ascending after 15 years, James was on the wrong side of a sweep as the Golden State Warriors, a team with no apparent weaknesses and as many as four of the league’s 10 best players on its roster, transformed into a dynasty in Cleveland late Friday.

After what may have been his final game with the Cavaliers Bradley Pinion Jersey , James revealed he hurt himself in a fit of frustration following a Game 1 overtime loss.

He displayed a soft cast on his hand during his postgame news conference and then rounded up his children and some of their friends, and along with his wife, and the usual support group of handlers and security personnel, drove home to Akron.

His next stop is unknown.

Another suspenseful summer of ”Where will LeBron go next?” is off and running.

In the next few weeks, James is expected to decline his $35.6 million contract option for next season with the Cavaliers and become an unrestricted free agent like he was in 2010 and 2014. Then the fun starts – well, officially and legally under NBA rules – and teams can begin courting King James to join them.

At the moment the list of suitors is limited, but it could grow before July as teams position themselves to acquire one of the game’s most transcendent forces.

There are obvious potential landing spots, but James, who averaged 34 points, 10 assists and 8.5 rebounds against the Warriors, made it clear that any team coveting him better be prepared to win – everything.

He’s still into hanging banners.

”I still want to be in championship mode,” the 33-year-old said following his eighth straight NBA Finals appearance. ”I think I’ve shown this year why I will still continue to be in championship mode.”

Although James may have dropped to 3-6 in the finals, it hasn’t diminished his pursuit of winning a fourth title or slaying this Golden State goliath, a monster of a team he never imagined getting in his way when he made his Ohio homecoming after playing four years in Miami.

So, who has a legitimate shot at getting him?

The Philadelphia 76ers can entice James with young stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, salary-cap space to accommodate him and other pieces Ed Dickson Jersey , and the luxury to stay in the Eastern Conference to avoid meeting up with the Warriors until the Larry O’Brien Trophy is up for grabs.

The Lakers’ sales pitch will include their current flexibility to sign another maximum contract player – maybe Paul George or Kawhi Leonard – and Hollywood’s celebrity-filled hills. James already owns two homes and a film production company in Los Angeles, where the star could become a supernova.

Don’t rule out the Houston Rockets, who pushed Golden State to a Game 7 in the postseason. In presumed MVP James Harden; Chris Paul, one of James’ closest friends; and bent-on-overthrowing-the-Warriors general manager Daryl Morey, the Rockets have the building blocks to assemble an uber-team.

In the end, James may decide home is still the sweetest spot.

The Cavaliers, though, have a lot of work to do to convince him he should hang around. The team’s decision to trade All-Star guard Kyrie Irving last summer to Boston sparked a sequence of events that led to a mid-season overhaul, soured James and sent him into the playoffs with a group he carried as far as humanly possible.

Cleveland can offer James more money – a five-year, $209 million contract – than anyone else, but the larger issue is what it can do to improve a roster that’s currently short on title-winning performance. The Cavs have the No. 8 overall pick in this month’s draft as an asset to perhaps package with All-Star forward Kevin Love, who could finally be moved after being the subject of trade rumors for years.

And there’s also the delicate matter of James’ rocky relationship with team owner Dan Gilbert. The two have co-existed purely on business terms since patching things up after Gilbert eviscerated James when he bolted for Miami. It’s unclear if they can move forward together.

On a podcast during the Finals, Gilbert said he views James as much more than a player.

”Legally, he may be working for our organization, but that’s not really the case,” Gilbert said. ”He’s more of your partner Elandon Roberts Jersey , really.”

The comment was a concession of sorts from Gilbert, who understands what James means to his franchise and what he represents to Northeast Ohio – hope.

James came home four years ago promising to win a championship and delivered within two seasons, ending a 52-year title drought in a city he has personally helped to revitalize. The summer of 2016 was unforgettable, with a downtown parade that James has said overwhelmed him with emotion.

It may go down as his crowning achievement, or something he wants to feel again.

If so, there’s only one place where that can happen.

The last time James left Cleveland it was because he needed a team to help him achieve greatness. He found it with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, and he came back a different man, ready to build his legacy. A father of three, his priorities have changed again, and this time the decision is more complicated.

There’s a tug-of-war going on between James’ brain and heart.

”When I decide what I’m going to do with my future, my family and the folks that have been with me for the last 20 years will have a say-so,” he said. ”Then it ultimately will come down to me.”< Authentic Womens M.J. Stewart Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ghnjmki
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13898 Themen und 18308 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
panxing18, shoesforus, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor