el good when you know go

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 19.09.2018 03:07
von huangjian123 • 751 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK Jake Matthews Jersey , Mich. (AP) — When healthy, Robert Ayers has been a pretty productive pass rusher.

The Detroit Lions could use some help in that area, and now the veteran defensive end has a chance to provide it.

The Lions signed Ayers in their latest attempt to bolster their defensive front. Now entering his 10th NFL season, Ayers made 10 starts in each of the past two seasons with Tampa Bay. He has 35 sacks, including a career-high 9½ with the New York Giants in 2015.

“For me, as a young guy, when I first got in the league, he was one of the veterans that I just paid a lot of attention to,” said Detroit linebacker Devon Kennard, who was with the Giants when Ayers was there. “Just how he handled his business, how he went about film and taking care of his body and stuff.”

The Lions also announced Monday that they had waived cornerback Josh Okonye. They did not announce these moves until shortly after coach Matt Patricia had finished his news conference Jarvis Jenkins Jersey , so he was not available to comment on Ayers’ addition. Ayers would not speak with reporters after practice.

Ayers was a first-round draft pick in 2009 by the Denver Broncos. He spent five seasons with them and then two with the Giants.

Ayers has only played in 12 games in each of the past four seasons. He dealt with concussion and shoulder problems toward the end of last season, and he has also had ankle and pectoral muscle issues in the past few years. He turns 33 on Sept. 6.

But in his 48 games over the past four seasons, Ayers had 23 sacks, and if he can keep pressuring the quarterback, he can help the Lions. Only three NFC teams had fewer sacks than Detroit last season, even though defensive end Ziggy Ansah had a dozen by himself. Kerry Hyder had eight sacks in 2016, but missed all of last season with an Achilles tendon injury.

“We keep bringing more pieces in,” said defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois, himself a new addition after playing for New England last season. “(General manager) Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia see something, so they just want to keep bringing in people that can help the pass rush, so that’s a plus. They see that’s an area we need to improve in.”

Ayers has started 31 games over the past three seasons.

“He was a guy that showed me some love as a young guy Marshawn Lynch Jersey , so I have a lot of respect for him and how he goes about his business,” Kennard said. “It’s a pleasure to have him as a teammate again.”

NOTES: News of Odell Beckham Jr.’s big new contract made its way into the Lions’ locker room Monday, and Detroit receiver Golden Tate was certainly an interested party. “I like seeing it as a receiver. That’s my position, obviously,” Tate said. “The guys that got paid this offseason are big-time players, so I love seeing those guys get paid. Quite frankly, I hope everybody gets paid. This is a tough game to play in. It’s a tough game to play for a long time, so to hear about that Odell deal, I’m excited. Another guy I’m going to hit up for a vacation here soon.” Tate signed a five-year deal with the Lions in 2014. He said he’s focused on training camp and isn’t preoccupied about any negotiations for a new contract.

LOS ANGELES — When the San Francisco Giants arrive in Los Angeles to face a red-hot Dodgers club in the opener of a three-game series Friday, it will not be with a full head of steam.

The Giants are returning to California having barely avoided a four-game sweep at the hands of the Miami Marlins, needing 16 innings Thursday afternoon in South Florida to do it. There should be exhaustion and jet lag aplenty Tavon Young Jersey , especially from Buster Posey, who caught all 16 innings.

Now the Giants will be facing one of baseball’s hottest teams in a Dodgers club that has gone 9-2 in June and has crushed a baseball-best 30 home runs this month.

Back in April, when the Giants and Dodgers seemingly met on a daily basis, things mostly went San Francisco’s way. The Giants took three of four in a series at AT&T Park in late April and won six of the first 10 matchups between the clubs.

The Dodgers struggled with runners in scoring position back then and barely showed any power. And when they did go deep the odds of nobody being on base were high.

That all has changed now, and the two hitters getting the most credit for L.A.’s power revival both have Bay Area ties.

Palo Alto native Joc Pederson has eight home runs this season, seven of which have come in June.

And former Oakland A’s infielder Max Muncy is in the midst of a coming-out party for the Dodgers with 13 home runs, 30 RBIs and a .631 slugging percentage in 46 games. Before the season, Muncy played in 96 major league games and hit five home runs with 17 RBIs and a .321 slugging percentage.

“I try not to think about it, (but) it’s hard not to,” Muncy said, according to mlb.com. “Games are a lot of fun right now. Everyone’s feeling the momentum up and down the lineup.”

Also in a bit of a revival is Cody Bellinger Eric Fisher Jersey , who had a home run in four consecutive games last week.

The common thread among Pederson, Muncy and Bellinger is that all three bat left-handed and the answer from the Giants will come with lefties Derek Holland (Friday) and Madison Bumgarner (Saturday) starting in the first two games of the series.

Holland (4-6, 4.54 ERA) has helped the Giants toward six victories in his last nine starts. In two starts against the Dodgers this season he is 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA. In three career outings against the Dodgers he is 0-2 with a 7.43 ERA.

“Definitely we don’t feel good when you know going in these are ballgames you should be winning, and we’re not getting (victories) like we should,” the Giants’ Andrew McCutchen said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “It’s not something you take lightly.”

The Dodgers are scheduled to send Ross Stripling (5-1, 1.65) to the mound in the series opener. The right-hander, who threw 7 1/3 no-hit innings in his major league debut at San Francisco in 2016, has won each of his last five starts, posting a 1.15 ERA in that stretch (31 1/3 innings).

Adidas Andrew Ladd Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nviriforaxu.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15932 Themen und 20356 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder anwesend:
nviriforaxu, piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor