choosing his

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 19.09.2018 03:13
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt had a good rookie season last year Frank Gore Jersey , but he’s working hard — and eating hard — at improving in his second year.

Watt’s trainer told ESPN that Watt eats 8,000 calories a day and drinks two gallons of water a day to get him through the grueling workouts he’s been doing back home in Wisconsin, and his only focus in the offseason has been getting better.

“I’ve got a boring lifestyle. I’m not about any of that [other] stuff,” Watt said. “I work out, I go home Marshawn Lynch Jersey , I grill burgers and hang out by myself or hang out with a few of the guys on the team. I’m not here for anything else but football.”

The Steelers hope Watt’s big appetite fuels a big season.

The Thursday night games between Washington and the Jets had, somewhat surprisingly, no fights. It also had three examples of incidents involving the league’s rules regarding helmet use.

Two were good. One call was bad (or, at best, a correct interpretation of an overly broad rule).

The good calls both came against Jets linebacker Frankie Luvu Colin Kaepernick Jersey , a long shot to make the 53-man roster.

In the first half, Luvu blasted Washington quarterback Colt McCoy with a helmet to the chest. It was called roughing the passer, but it also could have been deemed a violation of the rule against lowering the helmet and initiating contact with it.

In the second half, Luvu dove helmet first into Washington running back Martez Carter in the third quarter. It was correctly called a foul, and it’s the kind of hit the league needs to get out of the game.

The bad call came in the fourth quarter. Washington defensive back Fish Smithson drew a flag while trying to tackle Jets receiver ArDarius Stewart. After a conference of the officials (which may have ended with one of them saying Davon House Jersey , “Screw it, it’s only the preseason”), it was announced that Smithson had committed a foul.

The replay showed that the helmet contact occurred only because Stewart dropped his helmet into the path of Smithson’s helmet. Silly as it sounds, that could become a coaching point in some cities. No different than encouraging a batter to take a plunking or a basketball player to absorb a charge, offensive players could be taught to ensure that they take a blow from a helmet Tyus Bowser Jersey , and the 15 yards that go along with it.

Said ESPN’s Joe Tessitore of the Smithson call, choosing his words carefully while calling his first NFL game, “I don’t know that that falls in line with what we’ve been seeing a lot in the examples of what they’re trying to enforce.”

ESPN’s Booger McFarland was less tactful: “That was a little shaky there, Joe.”

Too many of these calls are more than a little shaky. And the NFL has only 20 days to shake out the kinks.

Authentic Womens Brian O'Neill Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: frodure.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15872 Themen und 20294 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, frodure, piterrise, RolandoMn

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor