concerns

in F r e i s t i l 20.09.2018 09:47
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

There's no questioning C.J. Prosise's talent http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/kendall-wright-jersey , only his ability to remain on the football field.

The third-year running back for the Seattle Seahawks has been plagued by injuries throughout his first two years in the NFL. From serious ailments like a fractured scapula, broken wrist bone and high-ankle sprains to more minor ones like groin, hamstring and hip strains, Prosise has been sidelined constantly.

With Chris Carson back from injury himself and Seattle using their first-round pick on San Diego State back Rashaad Penny, there is an urgency for Prosise to be able to stay healthy and contribute regularly this season.

Prosise spent the offseason trying to get physically ready to make the most of what could be a final opportunity with Seattle.

"I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life," Prosise said. "I feel like I can do anything on the field. I feel 100 percent and ready to go so I'm excited for this camp. We play a physical game and injuries happen and you can't avoid it. This offseason was geared around getting my body prepared to take the punishment that my body needs to take and so my body is in that position to do that now. So I'm ready to play."

Prosise buckled down with a personal trainer this offseason and was focused on putting himself in a position to withstand the types of injuries that had hampered him his first two seasons.

"That was a big change I made," Prosise said. "Before this I didn't put as much work as I should have been putting in. Now, I've kind of figured out my regimen. And also just getting on the field every day and working with drills, specific running back drills and stuff. For the most part hitting the weight room really hard and getting my body toned up and ready for the season is really what's helped the most."

Prosise has played in just 11 games in his two years in Seattle. But the limited action was still enough to show the type of player he can be when he's in peak form. As a rookie in his first career start, he gained 153 yards from scrimmage in a victory over a New England Patriots team that would go on to the win the Super Bowl. His ability to perform both as a runner and as a receiver out of the backfield caused fits for the Patriots defense.

A week later Wholesale Samaje Perine Jersey , Prosise broke free for a 72-yard touchdown run against the Philadelphia Eagles. Then Prosise was sidelined when he broke his shoulder blade late in the first half and missed the rest of the season.

A pair of high-ankle sprains held him to just five games played a year ago as well.

Maybe it's the same tease he's provided in his first two camps with Seattle but Prosise is again drawing praise in the early stages of training camp.

"I'm so fired up for him," head coach Pete Carroll said. "He's always been such a terrific potential guy and he has just not been able to stay healthy. He's leaner and stronger. He just is more fit, which screams at how hard he worked and how important this is to him. Couldn't send a better message."

The old adage that your greatest ability is your availability couldn't be more apt when it comes to Prosise. All of his potential will go unrealized if he's not available on Sundays due to injuries. But as Seattle tries to right a rushing attack that managed just one rushing touchdown from the running back position all last season, having an athlete like Prosise at its disposal would be welcome.

NOTES: LB Joshua Perry, who announced his retirement from the NFL earlier this week due to concussions, told NBC's "Today Show" on Thursday that he believes the NFL is doing enough when it comes to concussions. "I think the hardest part.is the research is a little bit fuzzy. I think that we do a great job in terms of the protocol that the NFL has. Coaches aren't pressuring players to get back, I think players feel their own type of pressure to be there for their teammates." Perry had a long post on social media earlier this week announcing he was stepping away after suffering a sixth concussion in the opening days of training camp. Perry was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2016. He signed with Seattle in June.

Nathan MacKinnon was given a day off from practice, which created a little stir on social media.

Turns out, nothing to fear. The Colorado Avalanche just wanted to give their top scorer and Hart Trophy candidate a little rest Monday before embarking on the postseason.

Not many gave this team much of a chance to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year. Understandably so considering they were coming off a 48-point season. But here the Avalanche are, about to face the top-seeded Predators in the first round beginning Thursday in Nashville.

Colorado is rested http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/clay-matthews-jersey , rejuvenated and carries a surge of momentum after needing to win its final game to secure its first postseason spot since 2013-14.

”We expect a lot from our group and know we can surprise a lot of people,” said captain Gabriel Landeskog, whose team finished the regular season with 95 points and matched the franchise record for wins at home with 28. ”This is when the fun begins.”

The type of turnaround the team has made doesn’t happen that often in the NHL world. The last time it occurred over an 82-game season was when Pittsburgh also improved by 47 points from 2005-06 (58) to `06-07 (105).

”We didn’t expect this in October, but as the season progressed our confidence grew and grew,” MacKinnon said recently after finishing with 39 goals and 58 assists to wind up fifth in scoring. ”For the last month we expected to make the playoffs. For it to actually happen is very satisfying.”

The turning point for coach Jared Bednar was in early December, when his squad wrapped up a 1-4 homestand. A similar thing happened a year earlier and it sent the team into an unrecoverable downward spiral.

This time, it was different. The Avs found some traction and at the end of the month began a streak of 10 straight wins.

”The way (the players) handled that and responded there … starts making you a believer,” Bednar said. ”At that point, it became pretty clear we weren’t the same group and we’d push to the end of this thing.”

Still, they needed a 5-2 win over St. Louis in game No. 82 http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/montravius-adams-jersey , a winner-take-all affair, to secure their spot. For Bednar, it was one of his team’s best performances of the season.

”I want our guys to have fun, embrace it and enjoy it,” Bednar said. ”But I want us to dig in and be highly competitive.”

Colorado will be without two key players for this series – defenseman Erik Johnson and goaltender Semyon Varlamov, who are both sidelined by knee injuries. Not only that, but the team has struggled this season against the Predators, going 0-3-1 and being outscored by a 17-8 margin.

”It’s not going to be an easy series. But if you want to get farther, you have to beat the best team and we start with the best team,” goaltender Jonathan Bernier said.

Avalanche players Colin Wilson Chuck Howley Jersey , Gabriel Bourque and Samuel Girard all stepped up at a recent meeting and chatted about their ties with Nashville. They offered a little insight into the team they’re about to face.

”They all had some good things to say about their personnel,” Bednar said. ”We have a lot of input from those guys.”

The Avalanche relish in the fact that just a year ago Nashville was the second wild-card team in the Western Conference and advanced all the way to the Stanley Cup final. They wouldn’t mind following that sort of path.

”It’s possible. It’s the playoffs. Anything can happen,” Landeskog said. ”It’s just a matter of taking it one day at a time, enjoying the journey and making sure you bring your best game at the best time.”

Bednar was asked if he thought there might be concerns over his team being content to merely be in the playoffs.

”They’re a hungry group. They want more,” Bednar said. ”I don’t mind being the underdog. It’s a good spot for our team. We’ve been feeling that way all year long, that we were an underdog to get into the playoffs. We’re here.”

Womens Jalyn Holmes Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind anwesend:
LesterMaync

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LesterMaync.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14325 Themen und 18741 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, bilawreich, goldengooseits, LesterMaync, Platonrix, RobertDrump, taputlonn, ThomasCam

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor