(8-7, 3.50) will try to help Los Angeles gain a split

in F r e i s t i l 26.09.2018 09:22
von douhua2233 • 88 Beiträge

Al Woods hears about the murmurs coming from anxious Indianapolis Colts' fans.

They're worried that another new and improved defense may not live up to the billing after Russell Wilson led Seattle to a touchdown on his only drive in last week's game.

More angst emerged Tuesday when the defense delivered a less-than-stellar performance in the final night practice of training camp.

Add the historical perception of Indianapolis relying on its high-scoring offense to win Ibraheim Campbell Jersey , and it's enough to set off alarm bells even before camp ends this weekend.

But Woods refuses to panic and instead urges fans to be patient as this unit finds its identity.

"I think we're in a good place right now and I think we're going to find out a lot more tomorrow against the Ravens," the veteran defensive tackle said Thursday, referring to two joint practices scheduled this weekend. "I'm comfortable in any defense, but I really like this defense."

He expects Colts' fans will, too.

Nobody expected the transition from a 3-4 front to the more traditional 4-3 to go off without a hitch, especially given all the new faces, new assignments and lingering injuries.

And it has been a challenge getting everybody on the same page.

The conversion began with new coordinator Matt Eberflus installing his version of the "Tampa 2," moving linebackers John Simon, Jabaal Sheard and Tarell Basham to defensive end. It continued with some carefully choreographed moves in free agency and the draft.

And while veterans such as Simon, Sheard, Woods and newly acquired Denico Autry, have pitched in, the rest of the defense remains a work in progress.

"I think we've got a long way to go," Simon said. "I think we took more positives than negatives out of the (Seattle) game, and that's what we wanted to do 鈥?come out there and see good play when the pressure is on in that type of atmosphere against a pretty good offense. We took some positives, but I think we've still got a long way to go."

One problem has been injuries.

Starting safeties Clayton Geathers and Malik Hooker are just starting to round into shape after missing all of the Colts' offseason workouts and the start of camp while rehabbing from knee surgery.

Geathers could play Monday night against Baltimore Anthony Walker Jersey , though it appears Hooker may miss at least another week after tearing two ligaments in his right knee in October.

The return of both forced Eberflus to recalibrate.

"When they came back, we reset the whole defense and started from line one, first day install and redid all those walkthroughs again just for those guys," he said. "It was good for the younger guys to go through it again, so we kind of reset everything just for those guys."

Safety hasn't been the only position hit hard.

Young cornerbacks Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Nate Hairston and Kenny Moore III are all playing expanded roles this season. Desir, now in his fifth pro season, is the dean of the secondary with 13 career starts.

Defensive end Kemoko Turay (knee) and defensive tackle Tyquan Lewis (foot), both rookies, have spent most of the past two weeks trying to return from injuries.

At linebacker, the depth chart appears even thinner.

Rookie Darius Leonard, a second-round pick from South Carolina State, free agent signee Najee Goode and Anthony Walker currently hold the top spots on the depth chart. Leonard picked off Andrew Luck on the first day of camp and has shown flashes of play-making ability while Walker, in his second season, is the longest-tenured of the three.

Naturally http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/patrick-dimarco-jersey , there have been growing pains.

"We've had a lot of different matchups as you guys have seen," Eberflus said. "We need to get that solidified so guys can start communicating, knowing each other and trusting each other as they go forward."

The Colts believe they can fix it 鈥?in time.

"Pass rush, run stop, communication, coverage, I think that's the same thing for every defense," Simon said. "If you're not out here trying to get better every day, then I think you're in the wrong profession."

Notes: The Colts have signed running back Tion Green and put William Ossai on the waived-non-football illness list.

— Albert Pujols keeps climbing up the career hits list and hurting the Texas Rangers in their home park.

Pujols drove in a season-high four runs, Shohei Ohtani hit a three-run homer and the Los Angeles Angels beat Texas 11-7 on a rainy Saturday night.

Pujols went 3 for 4 to tie 19th-century star Cap Anson for 23rd with 3,081 hits. His 633rd homer was his 16th in 59 games in Arlington.

“This is a tremendous offensive ballpark,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. “Albert swings the bat pretty well wherever he goes.”

Pujols hit a solo home run in the second inning and a two-run single in the third against Rangers starter Martin Perez.

“I threw a bad pitch to Pujols, and he hit a home run off me,” Perez said.

Pujols singled home another run in the seventh against losing pitcher Eddie Butler (2-3) for a 7-6 lead.

Ohtani, a left-handed batter, then came on as a pinch hitter and homered to center field before Taylor Ward hit his first major league homer to complete the five-run inning against right-hander Butler.

“Shohei coming off the bench was a huge hit Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey ,” Scioscia said.

Winning pitcher Cam Bedrosian (5-2), the second of five Angels pitchers, got two outs in the sixth.

Los Angeles took a 6-2 lead with two outs in the fourth on a three-run double by David Fletcher.

Texas came back with four runs with two outs in the bottom of the inning to tie the game against Angels starter Andrew Heaney. Odor singled home a run and the second scored as Andrus struck out but reached base on a wild pitch. Adrian Beltre drove in two runs with a bloop single.

“I was frustrated,” Heaney said. “In the fourth inning, a walk to the 9-hole hitter and let it snowball from there.”

Odor, Elvis Andrus and Joey Gallo each had three hits for the Rangers.

With two outs and first base open, Pujols struck again in the third with his two-run single for a 3-2 lead.

“The two-out RBIs, the double down the line and then the slider to Pujols in that situation where he gave up the runs,” Texas manager Jeff Banister said, “it just seemed to be a lot of pitches mid-across and tight.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Angels: Before the game, manager Mike Scioscia said he hadn’t seen information about RHP/DH Ohtani’s bullpen session Saturday. He’s scheduled for another bullpen. “His workout in Arizona will probably be more aggressive,” Scioscia said.

Rangers: LHP Mike Minor (stiff back) was scratched from Friday’s start, but has played catch and said, “I’ll pitch in a couple days.” . RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez, who underwent Tommy John surgery in July 2017, made his first appearance since 2016 on Friday night in the rookie Class Arizona League. He retired all six batters he faced http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/marcus-murphy-jersey , striking out two, and is expected to continue pitching in Arizona.

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY

The game and the ceremony honoring Rangers RHP Bartolo Colon were delayed 2 hours, 26 minutes because of a downpour that began just minutes before the scheduled 7:05 CDT start. Rain fell again in the first through sixth innings. The game ended at 12:59 a.m.

“It was sloppy out there,” Scioscia said. “We were a little afraid at times.”

EL PRESIDENTE HONORS BIG SEXY

In a pregame ceremony, Dennis “El Presidente” Martinez recognized Colon for breaking his career record for wins by a Latin American player with Colon’s 246th victory on Aug. 7.

Martinez helped Vernon Wells Sr. unveil Wells’ original artwork with images of Colon in a Rangers uniform and portraits of Martinez and Juan Marichal, whose record Martinez broke in 1998. Martinez then raised Colon’s hand to recognize that he was the champion.

ANDRUS TIES, SETS RECORDS

Elvis Andrus’s first-inning single extended his hitting streak at Globe Life Park to 37 games, every game he has played this season, to tie Rafael Palmeiro (2003) and Michael Young (2009) for the stadium record. With a streak of 44 consecutive games since last September, Andrus broke Julio Franco’s 1993 record for the longest home-game streak in franchise history.

UP NEXT

Angels: RHP Jaime Barria (8-7, 3.50) will try to help Los Angeles gain a split of the four-game series. He’s 2-0 against Texas this season with a 0.82 ERA in 11 innings.

Rangers: RHP Yovani Gallardo (7-2, 5.33) will start with RHP Bartolo Colon (7-10, 5.19) bothered by what manager Jeff Banister called “a little stiffness.”

Womens Kentavius Street Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Josephcoors.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14346 Themen und 18762 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, Josephcoors, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor