included offensive

in F r e i s t i l 27.09.2018 03:56
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

The Panthers are beginning to feel like they have hit on something big with fourth-round draft pick Ian Thomas.

The rookie tight end has carried over an outstanding performance in training camp to the preseason Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey , where he showed an impressive burst of speed on a 27-yard catch-and-run touchdown reception from Cam Newton, and delivered a powerful seal block that helped spring Christian McCaffrey for a 71-yard touchdown in Friday night's preseason win over the Miami Dolphins.

And, he's still just learning.

"He doesn't even know how good he's capable of being," Newton said of the 6-foot-4, 260-pound Thomas.

The Panthers didn't know exactly what they were getting with Thomas when they drafted him 101st overall because he hadn't seen all that much action as a receiver at Indiana. He spent two seasons with the Hoosiers and caught 28 passes, 25 of those as a senior. He spent his first two seasons at Nassau Community College.

But Carolina's scouts became convinced Thomas has what it takes to be a playmaker, and general manager Marty Hurney was sold on him as he studied more film.

"He's kind of a little bit of an unknown because he only really played one year of major college football," Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. "We are fortunate that our college scouts pointed him out as somebody they thought could help us."

Newton said Thomas' size and versatility as a receiver and a blocker will make him a "key asset" this season on offense.

Thomas is making a strong case for being Carolina's No. 2 tight end behind three-time Pro Bowl selection Greg Olsen. The Panthers lost Ed Dickson to free agency and Chris Manhertz hasn't practiced since the start of training camp due to a leg injury.

Rivera said Thomas' growth has been noticeably accelerated because of the increased reps he's received with Manhertz out.

"I think as a young man, he could come in and be a very good second or third behind Greg Authentic Andrew Luck Jersey ," Rivera said. "When Chris gets back, we'll have a good combination of tight ends."

Playing alongside Olsen, an 11-year veteran, doesn't hurt either.

"I think just walking in (to the NFL) he could not have been in a better situation," Newton said. "I kind of just glance over in practice from time to time and see Greg taking him up under his wing, showing him how to practice, how to finish, how to run certain routes. He couldn't have been in a better situation, learning from him every day."

All of that is good news for Thomas Youth Luke Kuechly Jersey , who endured plenty of heartache as a child.

When he turned 8, he lost his mother Martha to kidney failure. The next year his father Earl died of a heart attack, leaving the children's future up in the air. That's when his then-19-year-old brother Clif Farmer stepped up to gain custody of him. Farmer raised his younger brother from that point forward.

"I want to make them happy and proud," Thomas said, adding his goal is simply to get better and keep proving himself.

Teammates are noticing.

Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly said Thomas could be on his way to big things in Carolina.

"He does everything the right way," Kuechly said. "He blocks, he catches well and he runs well. I think he has picked things up really well."

NOTES: Panthers starting left tackle Matt Kalil was scheduled to meet with a physician Monday after missing his second straight practice with knee soreness. Kalil has been battling issues since the middle of training camp. The team had no immediate word on the extent of that injury. The Panthers can ill afford to lose a third starter on the offensive line after right tackle Daryl Williams and left guard Amini Silatolu went down with injuries.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The comeback of Robert Griffin III is complete: The quarterback will start the season with the Baltimore Ravens.

Griffin survived Baltimore’s final cutdown Saturday and will join starter Joe Flacco and first-round pick Lamar Jackson on the depth chart. The Ravens have not carried three quarterbacks on their 53-man roster since 2009.

Griffin signed a one-year deal with the Ravens in April after sitting out the entire 2017 season. The five-year veteran served as the primary backup behind Flacco, but did not play in the finale Thursday against the Redskins http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-jalen-ramsey-jersey , leaving open whether he would make the team.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Griffin’s status would depend on “the math,” which ultimately worked in the quarterback’s favor.

“There’s no doubt that you want Robert Griffin on your team,” Harbaugh said after the final preseason game. “He makes our quarterback room better and stronger. He’s a very good quarterback. He looks like a starter to me. He has been a starter. Certainly a backup in this league, without question. I mean, that’s not even close. I would like to have him on the team, we’ll just have to see how the math works.”

Others were not so lucky.

The Ravens parted with receiver Breshad Perriman, the team’s first-round pick in 2015. He managed just 43 catches for 576 yards and three touchdowns over 27 career games. It marked the first time in franchise history the Ravens cut a first-round pick before the end of his rookie contract.

Baltimore also waived tight end Darren Waller, who recently returned from a year-long suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancers.

Other notable cuts included offensive lineman Nico Siragusa, a fourth-round pick in 2017; linebacker Albert McClellan Authentic Josh Norman Jersey , an undrafted free agent who spent the past seven years with the team; defensive end Bronson Kaufusi, a third-round pick in 2016; and defensive tackle Carl Davis, a third-round selection in 2015 who started nine games last season.

Also Saturday, the Ravens placed kicker Kaare Vedvik on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Adidas Logan Couture Jersey

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Davidmal.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14323 Themen und 18738 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied anwesend :
Davidmal

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor