sment that Beckham i

in F r e i s t i l 28.09.2018 04:05
von panxing18 • 305 Beiträge

Dylan Larkin has secured his future with the Detroit Red Wings while leaving open a potential opportunity to cash in again.

The 22-year-old center re-signed with a $30.5 million http://www.officialhockeyrangersshop.com/authentic-adidas-marc-staal-jersey , five-year contract. He was a restricted free agent and will be unrestricted when the deal is done.

“This money is life-changing, but it’s a chance to have a contract when you’re in your prime,” he said.

General manager Ken Holland said if every player on the roster reports to training camp healthy next month, the team will be about $1 million over the salary cap.

Holland isn’t sure if captain Henrik Zetterberg, who has three years left on his deal, will be able to practice or play once the season begins because of a lingering back ailment.

“If he’s healthy and ready to go, we have to make a move with our roster before it is set in October,” Holland said. “If Zetterberg can’t play, then we don’t have cap issues but we will have lost one of our best players. Neither situation looks great.”

Larkin acknowledged his deal adds to expectations.

“I want to earn this and make the team proud,” he said. “I want this to be something that they look back and they say that they made the right move to sign me to five years. There’s a bit of pressure there. But it’s still the game that I love and I can’t wait to start up.

“Now I want to win and get the fans back, make them happy and get back in the playoffs.”

Larkin led the team with a career-high 63 points and was third with 16 goals last season.

The Red Wings James Neal Jersey , though, failed to make the playoffs for the second straight year after earning a spot in 25 straight postseasons.

“I want to drive the bus and be that go-to guy that is a main cog that is going to turn us around and get us back in the playoffs,” Larkin said. “And make noise in the playoffs and one day reach the ultimate goal.”

Larkin has 56 goals and 140 points over three seasons, playing in at least 80 games each year.

Detroit drafted the Waterford, Michigan, native and former Wolverine with the No. 15 pick overall in 2014. He scored a career-high 23 goals and was an All-Star as a rookie.

Larkin played for Team North America during the 2016 World Cup and has played for the U.S. in four world championships.

“It’s a huge honor to be playing in my hometown, to have this commitment of five years,” Larkin said.

The concept of “new money” in NFL contracts is, without question, a fiction. But it remains a reality when it comes to assessing what a contract is worth.

Usually, “new money” comes up after the deal is done Authentic Derek Forbort Jersey Kids , with agents leaking the “new money” analysis of the contract to reporters who will pass the information along without scrutiny, because the “new money” analysis typically makes the deal look a lot better. In the case of Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr., the standard “new money” game apparently has been turned on its head.

As mentioned by Josh Alper on Monday and as also dissected by Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com, it seems obvious that, for a change, the agent isn’t looking at the “new money” analysis. Likewise, the team (which usually never tries to couch the value of the deal in any specific way) seems to be pushing the “new money” concept to the media conglomerate the team partially owns.

The tweets from Josina Anderson of ESPN.com (most specifically this one) make it clear that Beckham’s camp is focusing the value of the deal at signing, which truth be told is the most accurate way to value a contract. When a player gets an extension, it’s not a new contract that gets stapled to the back of the existing one. The old contract gets torn up, any remaining money on that deal gets absorbed into the new one Authentic Nail Yakupov Jersey , and a brand new contract is signed.

So if, as the media outlet partially owned by the Giants claims, the team already has offered to make Beckham the highest paid receiver — let’s go with $17.1 million per year, which would put him $100,000 annually ahead of Antonio Brown — and let’s assume that the average applies to every year of the five-year extension that so many teams typically want, the value of the extension would be $85.5 million over those five new years.

Throw in the $8.49 million Beckham is due to make this year, and it becomes a six-year package with a total value of $93.959 million. The average per year on the six-year contract? $15.659 million.

This math meshes with the original claim from Anderson that the Giants have offered Beckham less than the $16 million per year that Sammy Watkins received from the Chiefs.

The broader question is whether the magnitude of the Beckham contract should even land in the ballpark where reasonable minds can differ on the true value of the deal. Is, as Anderson argues, Beckham so “transcendent” a talent that his deal shouldn’t just be slightly worth more than Antonio Brown’s $17 million per year but should blow that contract away?

Antonio Brown would strenuously object, and many others would, too. Really http://www.officialavalanche.com/authentic-adidas-j.t.-compher-jersey , is Beckham so much better than the current high-end NFL receivers that he should shoot past the current high-water mark under any analysis of the deal?

Regardless of whether you agree with the assessment that Beckham is indeed that much better than his peers, there’s one major impediment to his ability to push the bar as high as he’d like to push it: Beckham isn’t on the open market, and he possibly won’t be for three years.

That’s how a player ends up with a transcendent deal. Talent is only part of it; the player has to get to the open market, forcing a competition among multiple teams for his services, to maximize his compensation.

Alternatively, the player needs to use the leverage at his disposal to get the team to pay him as if he’s on the open market. For Beckham, it means that he should have held out. The fact that he didn’t will make it much harder for him to get paid like he’s on the open market despite being 48 regular-season games away from it.
http://www.officialusafootballs.com/dallas-cowboys

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Gayses87
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7695 Themen und 12074 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder Online:
ahwhglass, chenwen121314, chenyan94, Gayses87, huangjian123, panxing18, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor