ookie season on injured rese

in F r e i s t i l 28.09.2018 04:14
von panxing18 • 263 Beiträge

Another day Scott Hartnell Jersey , another Cincinnati grand slam.

Jose Peraza kept up the parade of slams, sending Matt Harvey and the Reds over the NL Central-leading Milwaukee Brewers 8-2 Sunday.

Peraza connected in the sixth inning for the Reds’ major league-leading ninth slam this year, tying the single-season franchise record set in 2002. It was Cincinnati’s second in two games and third in the last eight – pitcher Mike Lorenzen had a pinch-hit slam Saturday, and pitcher Anthony DeSclafani went deep with the bases loaded on June 24 against the Cubs.

”I just tried to hit the ball,” the shortstop said. ”When I hit the ball in the sky, I say, `Wow, it’s a home run.’ Everybody is happy.”

Peraza hit his first career slam, tagging reliever Aaron Wilkerson.

Eight different Reds have hit grand slams. Adam Duvall is the only player with two.

The last-place Reds have won 11 of 14, and the last eight of 11 against teams that were in first place when their series started.

”We know we can play with these guys (division leaders),” manager Jim Riggleman said. ”We’ve got to go through those guys and win our share.”

Harvey (4-5) allowed two hits in 5 2/3 innings and won his third straight start as the Reds salvaged a split of the four-game series. Ryan Braun’s two-run homer in the ninth allowed the Brewers to avoid their 11th shutout loss of the season.

Joey Votto, National League RBI leader Eugenio Suarez and Scott Schebler had consecutive run-scoring singles in the first inning against previously unbeaten rookie Freddy Peralta (3-1).

Harvey, acquired in May from the Mets Radim Vrbata Jersey , struck out six and walked none. The right-hander didn’t return after a 54-minute rain delay.

”It was one of those when you come in and try to do as much as you can,” Harvey said. ”You come in and put a heat pack on, but once it creeps up to an hour … That’s the best I’ve felt in a long time. I could smell the CG (complete game) coming or at least getting deep in the game. I was pretty much in control the whole time, but I’m happy about the outing and another Reds win.”

Pitching in a gametime temperature of 93 humid degrees, Harvey retired the first 12 batters before Travis Shaw outflanked a defensive shift with an opposite-field single to left leading off the fifth.

Cincinnati’s first six batters reached base against Peralta, who’d allowed just a .093 opponents’ batting average (7 for 75) in his first four starts, all Milwaukee wins. He recovered from throwing 43 pitches in the first inning to retire the last 10 and 15 of the last 16 batters he faced.

”It started out rough,” Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said. ”He righted it. It was cool to see him right it. That’s a lesson that you’ve got to get it going right away or a big league team will take advantage of it. I thought he handled it very well.”

CHANGE OF SCENERY

The Brewers optioned .197-hitting SS Orlando Arcia to Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game. ”He’s been a good major league hitter,” Counsell said. ”He’s been a dominant minor league hitter. We’re confident he will get things going again.”

MOVING UP

Votto’s two hits pushed him past Hall of Famer Frank Robinson into ninth place on the Reds’ career hits list with 1,674. Brandon Phillips is eighth with 1,774 hits.

LAST MINUTE

Braun’s ninth-inning homer gave the Brewers at least one in each of their last 19 games at Great American Ball Park, the longest streak by any team, including the Reds.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Brewers: OF Christian Yelich took some swings before Sunday’s game Authentic Nick Bjugstad Jersey , the third he’d missed since leaving Thursday’s game with a tight lower back.

UP NEXT

Brewers: LHP Brent Suter (8-5) is 6-2 with a 3.50 ERA over his last eight starts.

Reds: RHP Luis Castillo (5-8) didn’t allow a home run in his last start, but he still leads NL pitchers in homers allowed with 18.
Julio Jones remains in coach Dan Quinn’s good graces even after missing the opening day of the Atlanta Falcons‘ mandatory minicamp.

Quinn said Tuesday he thought Jones, who missed voluntary offseason workouts , would participate in the minicamp. The coach said he found out Monday that Jones would skip the minicamp.

Quinn wouldn’t share details of his conversation with Jones but said ”Sometimes football and business intersect and that’s OK and that happens a lot.”

Jones has three years remaining on his five-year, $71.3 million deal with $47 million in guaranteed money but could soon have the deal tweaked. Quinn said the team is ”right in the middle” of talks with Jones, a five-time Pro Bowl selection.

Quinn has emphasized ”brotherhood” and making sure players do everything as a team. Players stood together as a team on the sideline during the national anthem for all games after two players kneeled in protest early in the 2017 season.

Could Jones’ absence hurt the Falcons’ unity?

”No,” Quinn said. ”I recognize the question, for sure. Do we want everybody here all the time? Hell yeah, like all the time. … What I’d say is if you ask to a man, the guy is a hell of a teammate and the time he spends here, the way he mentors people, how hard he plays, there is plenty of brotherhood in Julio.”

Receiver Mohamed Sanu said he and other players were not impacted by Jones’ absence.

”Whether he’s present or not TJ Brodie Jersey , we were just focused on what we have to do today,” said Sanu, the team’s No. 2 receiver behind Jones.

Jones, 29, remains one of the league’s top receivers. He earned his fourth straight Pro Bowl berth last season when he had 88 catches for 1,444 yards. It was his fourth straight season with at least 80 receptions and 1,400 receiving yards.

Jones’ salary cap figure of $12.9 million for 2018 ranks seventh among NFL receivers, well behind recent deals signed by Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans ($18.252 million in 2018) and Cleveland’s Jarvis Landry ($15.5 million).

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said Monday he has been in talks with Jones and Jones’ agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Sexton did not return a message from The Associated Press.

Jones’ holdout comes after the Falcons made quarterback Matt Ryan the league’s top-paid player this offseason with a five-year extension that could be worth $150 million.

Quinn said he was not disappointed in Jones’ decision to miss minicamp because Jones remained in constant communication and explained why his plans changed.

”Sometimes circumstances change and as long as players communicate with me on why circumstances change, then I never am disappointed as long as communication with me is very clear,” Quinn said. ”… The things that jam me up are when people don’t communicate.”

Quinn wouldn’t say if Jones will be fined for missing the first day of the three-day minicamp.

Without Jones on the field, Ryan’s top targets included Sanu, rookie first-round pick Calvin Ridley and Justin Hardy. Like Jones Ryan Getzlaf Jersey , Ridley played at Alabama.

An undrafted rookie, Christian Blake, from Northern Illinois, reached up to make an impressive catch over the middle.

”All those guys, Calvin, Christian Blake, it was good to see those guys make plays and do what they do,” Sanu said.

Quinn praised the rookies’ speed and said the class ”has a chance to be an excellent one.”

NOTES: The team waived S Quincy Mauger, who spent his 2017 rookie season on injured reserve with a knee injury. He was an undrafted free agent from Georgia. … RB Devonta Freeman, who was slowed by a sprained right knee late last season, appeared to be fully recovered on his runs with the first-team offense.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Elite Jerseys

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher
1 Mitglied und 2 Gäste sind Online:
chenwen121314

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: cigspriced
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6626 Themen und 11003 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder Online:
chenwen121314, douhua2233, gfgfgfgfgfgf5, huangjian123, officialsbaseball, xuezhiqian123, ylq

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor