NFL players transitioning

in F r e i s t i l 10.10.2018 03:56
von laiyongcai92 • 759 Beiträge

Two games into their first-round playoff series Womens Cam Newton Jersey , Milwaukee point guard Eric Bledsoe and his Boston counterpart, Terry Rozier, still seem to be having trouble remembering each other’s names.

Maybe it’s the sign of a festering feud with the Celtics up 2-0 as the series shifts to Milwaukee. Perhaps it’s a case of Bluegrass State bragging rights between Bledsoe, who played at Kentucky, and Rozier, who played at Louisville, though they never faced each other in college.

Or it could be just a case of good-natured gamesmanship between two competitors.

Through two games, it is advantage Rozier with Game 3 coming up Friday night.

He had 23 points in Game 2 on 8-of-14 shooting, including 3 of 5 from the 3-point line, to match his postseason career scoring high set in Game 1. Rozier is shooting 7 of 16 from beyond the arc so far this series.

So much for the Celtics being at a disadvantage at the point without Kyrie Irving, who is out for the playoffs following knee surgery.

”We’ve talked about his competitiveness, his athleticism and his work ethic being at the highest level. That usually lends to good players improving quickly Brett Favre Jersey ,” coach Brad Stevens said about Rozier.

Irving’s absence seemed to tilt the point guard matchup toward the Bucks, especially with Bledsoe playing well at the end of the year. Traded from Phoenix earlier in the season, Bledsoe was eager for his first taste of the postseason since 2013, when he was with the Clippers.

Bledsoe is averaging 10.5 points against Boston, but the offense has been plagued in part by turnovers. He fouled out in Game 1.

”My offense will come. I’m not worried about that. I’m just worried about playing great defense and helping my teammates while I’m out there,” Bledsoe said after practice Thursday.

The bulletin-board material between the ball-handlers has become just as engrossing a story line.

”I ain’t got no bad blood with nobody,” Rozier said in Boston. ”I’m not caught up in that. I’m worried about Celtics and Bucks and how can I help my team get past the first round.”

Except that Rozier may have triggered this made-for-social media spat by calling the Bucks guard ”Drew Bledsoe” after Game 1 on Sunday. Drew Bledsoe is the former quarterback of the New England Patriots.

”Yeah I made a huge mistake,” Rozier said with a chuckle. ”But it is what it is now.”

After Game 2 on Tuesday, Bledsoe was asked about Rozier.

”Who? I don’t even know who that is,” Bledsoe responded, adding an expletive.

Bledsoe struck a similar tone after practice on Thursday. When asked about Rozier by name, Bledsoe responded: ”Who?”

”I’m focused on this series Kyle Juszczyk Jersey , man, between Milwaukee and Boston right now. I’m just trying to help the team win,” Bledsoe said. ”That’s what point guards do.”

Playing in front of a home crowd might help get the Bucks going. This is the last postseason for the franchise in the Bradley Center, with a new arena next door scheduled to open the in the fall.

Bucks coach Joe Prunty said he hadn’t spoken to Bledsoe about his comments.

”I think there’s a lot of talking that takes place,” he added. ”What I’m more concerned about is what we do on the basketball court and how we play.”

Now it’s time for Rozier to show if he can be just as effective in the playoffs on the road.

”Down 0-2, going back to their place where you know they’re going to come out aggressive,” Rozier said. ”We’re coming out, we’re still going to be aggressive and we’re coming in to win.”

AP Sports Writer Kyle Hightower in Boston contributed to this story.

More NBA basketball: When veteran Todd Desgrosseilliers was recovering from battle wounds, he went back to a boyhood love: fly fishing. The organization he now leads has 8,500 participants, one of whom was so inspired by Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing that he told Desgrosseilliers: "This program saved my life."

Desgrosseilliers' group for disabled veterans is one of many receiving funding though the Bob Woodruff Foundation , which this week secured an agreement with the NFL to support such initiatives.

"The Bob Woodruff Foundation provides us with a grant each year that supports one of our largest programs 49ers Weston Richburg Jersey , rod building," Desgrosseilliers says. "We had over 900 veterans participate in it as part of a larger core of activities we have that include fly fishing education and outings.

"When our participants are able to come to the meetings, the rod building provides them with an activity that kind of brings them together, creates camaraderie."

Such pastimes create more than that. For Desgrosseilliers, who learned to fly fish with his great-grandfather and grandfather in Maine, it has been an effective therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder and vertigo he suffered after a traumatic head injury in combat.

There are 222 programs nationwide under the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing umbrella. They stage local and regional events as well as national destination trips; 400 members will go on a variety of excursions this year, including to Alaska or the Florida Keys.

"It's a group of disabled veterans coming together with folks who care about them, and they are involved in an activity that is fun," Desgrosseilliers says. "We partner our programs with fly fishing organizations to provide the (3,500) volunteers who know how to do the fly fishing basics."

The Woodruff Foundation was founded in 2006 after reporter Woodruff was hit by a roadside bomb while covering the war in Iraq. To date, the foundation has invested more than $55 million to find, fund and shape programs that have empowered veterans D.J. Hayden Jersey , service members and their families.

Its $2 million affiliation with the NFL announced this week will bolster the grant work done by the foundation.

"The NFL is such a prominent American brand and one that has a longstanding commitment to the veteran community," says Marshall Lauck, the foundation's chief growth and marketing officer. "This is not something new to them; their history with supporting veterans and active military members is strong. This is a time with increased interest on their part in how they can most effectively support the veteran community (through nonprofits).

"Our expertise can be very helpful for the NFL in its goals in supporting these communities."

One program receiving grants from the foundation is Hire Heroes USA. Hire Heroes provides individualized personal assistance to transitioning veterans and military spouses, helping them with interview coaching, resume coaching or finding the right fit for a veteran entering the workforce.

That group recently passed the 25,000 mark for veterans being hired.

Another organization, Bunker Labs, helps veterans with entrepreneurship opportunities.

There are some similarities to NFL players transitioning from the sport into the "real world" and veterans adjusting after leaving the service.

"I think the challenge we had with the NFL was in putting together what is mutually beneficial in finding that common ground," says Anne Marie Dougherty, executive director of the Bob Woodruff Foundation. "We can meet what their organization and brand priorities are. There's not only affirmation of the need in this space, but also an investment in the solution.

"One of the uphill battles we continue to have working in this space is we have been a nation at war for the longest time in our history. And there is a sense for something to get media coverage it can be ... not positive. This is a really important time for us. We will put this money to good use."

Cheap Indianapolis Colts Jerseys

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Josephcoors.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14346 Themen und 18762 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder anwesend:
bilawreich, Josephcoors, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor