Rearick, who was also in charge of the American team at the

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 18.10.2018 05:12
von panxing18 • 590 Beiträge

When Mike Trout gets on a power-hitting hot streak like this Panthers Elite Jerseys , it’s hard for other teams to watch – and match.

The Seattle Mariners have been doing just fine the past two games going toe-to-toe with the Los Angeles Angels slugger.

Mitch Haniger and Ryon Healy each homered twice as the first-place Mariners shook off two homers by Trout for the second consecutive night, beating the Angels 6-3 on Tuesday.

Trout took sole possession of the major league lead with 23 home runs. He also hit a pair in the Angels’ 5-3 loss Monday and has 20 career homers at Safeco Field, most in any visiting ballpark.

Mike Leake (7-3) allowed one run in six innings for Seattle, which has won three consecutive games and 10 of 12 overall to remain a half-game ahead of Houston atop the AL West.

Edwin Diaz worked the ninth for his big league-best 25th save in 28 tries.

”Everything is kind of clicking,” Haniger said.

Yes, fly balls were leaving the ballpark with ease Tuesday, and the Mariners are 5-0 when they hit four or more home runs in a game.

But the play that had everyone talking was Haniger’s throw from right field to cut down Luis Valbuena at second base leading off the sixth.

Haniger had just given Seattle a 3-1 lead in the fifth with a two-run homer when Valbuena roped a line drive down the right-field line. By the time Haniger was able to get to it, Valbuena was on his way to second base for what appeared to be a double.

”Luckily, I just got a really good bounce off the bottom of the wall,” Haniger said. ”Usually you just come up firing, and try and keep your throw low.”

Haniger’s throw from deep in the corner was high, but traveled more than 240 feet right into the glove of shortstop Jean Segura, who made a no-look, backhand tag on Valbuena as he slid into the bag.

”(Haniger) is a five-tool player,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said.

Healy homered in the sixth to extend the lead to 4-1.

Trout answered with his second of the game in the seventh, a two-run drive that hit the scoreboard in left-center to cut it to 4-3.

In two games, Trout has accounted for five of his team’s six runs on four homers.

”One guy can’t carry you,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. ”Mike is swinging the bat very well, but we need some of our other guys to start to get into the game.”

Seattle added insurance runs on Segura’s RBI double in the seventh and Healy’s leadoff homer in the eighth.

Haniger lined an opposite-field solo shot off Jaime Barria (5-2) in the first to give the Mariners a 1-0 lead. Trout tied it with his homer in the fifth off Leake.

That was the only run permitted by Leake, who gave up four hits while striking out four. It was his 10th win with the Mariners since they acquired him from St. Louis on Aug. 30 last year for infielder Rayder Ascanio.

”It’s tough. We’re playing good games Bears Elite Jerseys ,” Trout said. ”They’re hitting the ball well and they’re pitching good. We’ve just got to keep battling. It’s a long season.”

THEY COME IN THREES

Segura had his 12th three-hit game Monday, most in the majors, and is on pace for 30 this season – which has been done only 14 times. George Sisler holds the single-season record of 41 set in 1920.

ROSTER RESHUFFLING

Angels: Barria was recalled from the minors to make the start, and Los Angeles optioned reliever Eduardo Paredes to Triple-A Salt Lake.

Mariners: To complete a trade with Boston for left-hander Roenis Elias, Seattle sent outfielder Eric Filia to the Red Sox. Filia began the season serving a 50-game suspension. He was hitting .426 at Double-A Arkansas.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Angels: 1B Jefry Marte (sprained left wrist) was in a splint after being placed on the 10-day disabled list. Scioscia said Marte will be re-evaluated later this week in Southern California. INF David Fletcher was promoted from Triple-A Salt Lake to replace Marte. … SS Andrelton Simmons (ankle) did some light baseball activities but is not running yet. … After fouling a ball off his foot Monday, Trout started in center field as usual. … Relief pitcher Blake Wood (elbow) was transferred to the 60-day DL after Tommy John surgery.

Mariners: Right-handed reliever Nick Vincent (groin) had to cut a 25-pitch bullpen session short Monday and likely won’t attempt another one until this weekend at the earliest. … Servais said reliever Juan Nicasio (right knee) felt better and some of the swelling in his knee has subsided. Nicasio has yet to throw off a mound. … Right-hander Dan Altavilla (elbow) isn’t close to returning to baseball activity, Servais said.

UP NEXT

Angels: Right-hander Garrett Richards (4-4, 3.26 ERA) shut out the Mariners for 6 2/3 innings on May 4 for his fourth win. He hasn’t won since. After dropping three consecutive decisions to close out May, Richards has given up just two runs in the past 12 1/3 innings.

Mariners: Left-hander Marco Gonzales (7-3, 3.28 ERA) has allowed just three earned runs in his past five starts, a span of 33 1/3 innings. He has gone at least six innings in eight of his last nine starts.

Andrew Weibrecht’s wait for another top-three result in a super-G reached the two-year mark on Friday.

But struggling with persistent knee problems and finishing 24th in the last World Cup race before the Pyeongchang Olympics haven’t dashed the American’s hopes for the games.

The racer nicknamed ”The Warhorse” has twice before won a medal in an Olympic super-G after less than impressive results on the World Cup circuit.

Weibrecht was yet to score a notable result in the World Cup when he took bronze at the Vancouver Games in 2010. And he had just one top-10 finish to his account when he sped to silver and could call himself a two-time Olympic medalist in Sochi four years later.

So can he turn the tide once again and finally get a podium again in South Korea next month?

”I think it’s possible,” Weibrecht told The Associated Press. ”Especially if I take the downhills off to preserve my knee. That gives me a lot of time to get good training.”

The Lake Placid, New York native, who turns 32 five days before the Feb. 15 Olympic super-G, had his best spell in the two years following the Sochi Games.

He racked up nine top-10 results in World Cup speed races, including a third place in Beaver Creek, Colorado, in December 2015 and his career-best second place at Kitzbuehel the following month.

But 12th place in a race in Santa Caterina, Italy, last season has been his best result in 11 super-G races since March 2016.

”It’s been a little bit of a struggle Bengals Elite Jerseys ,” Weibrecht said about his season so far. ”My knee has been tough so I’ve not been able to train as much as I would have liked. I am just taking it one race at a time.”

Placing 24th and trailing winner Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway by 2.38 seconds upon his return to the Austrian resort on Friday didn’t do his performance justice, Weibrecht said.

”I feel like I am skiing well, like there’s definitely good parts. I am just not really putting runs together,” he said. ”I felt like I skied pretty decently, I just got out of the track on the flats and the snow is so slow and sticky that it’s kind of game over.”

After the race, Weibrecht sat together with the U.S. men’s ski team’s head coach, Sasha Rearick, to compile a two-week schedule which should give him the best possible preparation ahead of the Olympics.

That schedule is totally focusing on super-G, and means Weibrecht will be skipping Saturday’s downhill on the Streif, just as he sat out another classic downhill race in Switzerland last week.

”We just skipped Wengen to focus on super-G here,” Rearick said. ”It didn’t quite go as well as we hoped. But he is in good spirits to fight on.”

Rearick, who was also in charge of the American team at the last two Olympics, is not worried about Weibrecht’s recent lack of results.

”We have been through this with Andrew over the past nine years a few times,” the coach said. ”These big waves, the waves are not short with Andrew, they are kind of long. We have managed to have fun at the Olympic Games with him. Even when he’s been at the bottom of the wave.”

Rearick said there are ”no expectations he can do it a third time,” but immediately added the question: ”Why not?”

”There is nothing to lose in the Olympic Games,” he said. ”It’s just to go out and express yourself and have fun going down the mountain. And Andrew’s done that well over the years.”

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: supernovahair
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 14030 Themen und 18440 Beiträge.

Heute waren 9 Mitglieder Online:
alisawhite123, bilawreich, Charles, chenyan94, panxing18, sheskobrian, supernovahair, xuezhiqian123, yigaok

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor