Thurman Thomas Jersey

in F r e i s t i l 18.10.2018 07:51
von hongwei28 • 476 Beiträge

Dellin Betances stole the show from Jonathan Loaisiga with his Gary Sheffield impersonation at the plate – even as the rookie right-hander played stopper for the team with baseball’s best record.

Loaisiga took a no-hitter into the sixth inning Panthers Cheap Jerseys , Aaron Judge ripped his 20th homer and the New York Yankees snapped a three-game skid with a 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday night.

All of which meant the Yankees could laugh about Betances’ first career plate appearance. Batting with the bases loaded and one out in the eighth, Betances wiggled his bat like Sheffield as he took a strike from Yacksel Rios before missing on two mighty swings. That drew chuckles from his teammates in the bullpen.

”I liked to watch Gary and imitate his stance,” Betances said. ”I was trying to do some damage. I took some good hacks. I got my money’s worth.”

Betances said he hadn’t swung a bat in 12 years.

”I was hoping and praying it wouldn’t be my turn,” he said. ”I saw the ball good. Playing catch with Aroldis Chapman helped me out.”

Judge and the rest of the Yankees enjoyed watching Betances trying to make contact.

”It was fun, a pretty cool moment,” Judge said. ”I’m glad he didn’t get hurt.”

Loaisiga (2-0) didn’t allow a hit until Jorge Alfaro lined a single to right leading off the sixth. He struck out eight in 5 1/3 innings, throwing 86 pitches in his third start after jumping from Double-A to the majors.

”I felt good from the start, was aggressive and attacked the zone,” Loaisiga said through a translator.

The Yankees, who were swept by the Tampa Bay Rays over the weekend, haven’t lost four in a row this season and own the best record in baseball (51-25).

”We just had to forget what happened in Tampa and get back on track,” Judge said.

Making their first appearance at Citizens Bank Park since beating the Phillies in six games in the 2009 World Series, it felt like home for the Yankees. The sellout crowd of 44,136 was filled with fans cheering for the Bronx Bombers.

Philadelphia’s Vince Velasquez (5-8) allowed two runs and three hits, striking out seven in six innings. He’s given up three runs or fewer in 11 of 16 starts.

David Robertson struck out Rhys Hoskins and retired Odubel Herrera on a grounder to leave runners at second and third after replacing Loaisiga in the sixth. Hoskins didn’t immediately run to first after the ball bounced a few feet away and appeared to exchange words with a fan after walking back out of the dugout.

”He was a little frustrated in that moment,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said of Hoskins. ”Rhys always says and does the right thing, supports his teammates.”

Robertson allowed Scott Kingery’s RBI single in the seventh and gave way to Betances for three outs. Chapman got the last four outs for his 23rd save in 24 tries. He entered with two runners on in the eighth and Carlos Santana flied to deep left on Chapman’s first pitch. The lefty surrendered a solo homer to Maikel Franco with two outs in the ninth.

Gleyber Torres had an RBI double in the first. Judge lined one out to left in the fifth to give the Yankees a 2-0 lead.

Giancarlo Stanton hit a hard bouncer over drawn-in shortstop Kingery’s head for a two-run single in the eighth, extending the lead to 4-1.

I-95 RIVALRY

The Yankees improved to 14-14 against the Phillies, leaving the Los Angeles Dodgers as the only team they have a losing record (6-7) against in the regular season. New York also defeated Philadelphia in the 1950 World Series.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Yankees: All-Star C Gary Sanchez was put on the 10-day disabled list because of a Grade 1 right groin strain. Manager Aaron Boone said Sanchez could miss up to four weeks.

Phillies: Right-handed reliever Edubray Ramos was placed on the 10-day disabled list because of a right shoulder impingement.

UP NEXT

RHP Luis Severino (11-2, 2.24 ERA) goes for the Yankees and RHP Jake Arrieta (5-5, 3.42) takes the mound for the Phillies on Tuesday night. Severino has never faced Philadelphia. Arrieta is 3-1 Bengals Cheap Jerseys , 3.83 in seven career starts vs. New York.

Ozzie Albies watched the ball sail into the right-field seats and savored the moment.

”It feels great,” he said. ”I just see the ball going and I just enjoyed it.”

Albies hit a grand slam and Freddie Freeman homered during a six-run sixth inning, and the Atlanta Braves beat the reeling New York Mets 8-2 on Tuesday night.

Braves starter Mike Foltynewicz pitched five scoreless innings, allowing two hits and striking out six, but left the game after batting in the fifth with triceps tightness. He told reporters that ”it’s nothing to worry about” and that he’ll make his next scheduled start.

Ender Inciarte added a pair of RBI singles to help Atlanta shake a rough West Coast trip, when it lost four of six. The Braves moved ahead of Washington for first in the NL East by beating a Mets team that has lost nine of 10 and 16 of 20

The Braves led 1-0 in the fourth on Inciarte’s RBI single. New York went up 2-1 in the sixth on Jay Bruce’s two-run ground-rule double, but that was it for the Mets, who have scored 10 runs in their last 78 innings.

Freeman’s 13th homer in the bottom half of the inning tied it, and Inciarte’s single put the Braves ahead for good. A walk to pinch-hitter Preston Tucker loaded the bases and chased starter Zack Wheeler (2-5), and Albies cleared the bases with his 16th homer, coming off Paul Sewald, for a 7-2 lead.

Albies is the first player 21 or younger to hit multiple grand slams in a season since Adrian Beltre hit two for the Dodgers in 2000. He’s the second Braves second baseman with two grand slams in a season, joining Davey Johnson in 1973.

Albies, the NL leader in extra-base hits and runs, had been scuffling with a .125 average since June 1.

”The last two games he’s had some really good at-bats,” Atlanta manager Brian Snitker said. ”You know what he’s capable of. He’s a dynamic young man.”

Shane Carle (4-1) faced just one batter to get the win. Devin Mesoraco grounded sharply to third baseman Johan Camargo, who lunged to his right to tag Asdrubal Cabrera and made a low throw from his knees that Freeman dug out at first for a double play.

Wheeler allowed eight hits, six runs, four walks and struck out two in 5 2/3 innings.

Foltynewicz, who pitched his first career complete game in his last home start, hit the first batter Tuesday before retiring 13 straight. Mesoraco and Dominic Smith each singled with one out in the top of the fifth Aleksander Barkov Jersey , but Foltynewicz escaped trouble with a pair of popups.

Braves pitching coach Chuck Hernandez noticed Foltynewicz was uncomfortable, shaking his right arm after making a pitch. After Foltynewicz acknowledged the triceps were tight, Snitker decided to take him out.

TAKE A SEAT

Mickey Callaway was ejected for the first time as Mets manager after arguing with home plate umpire Stu Scheurwater in the top of the sixth. Brandon Nimmo was hit by Jesse Biddle’s pitch on his elbow, but Scheurwater ruled he did not attempt to get out of the way and declined to award Nimmo first base. Callaway was thrown out while standing near the right-hand side of the batter’s box. ”Obviously they thought Nim put his elbow out in front of the plate to get hit on purpose, but the ball was in the batter’s box, kind of at our player,” Callaway said.

ADDING ON

Nick Markakis went 3 for 4 and added an RBI double in the seventh to make it 8-2. … Freeman improved to 8 for 16 with 10 walks against Wheeler. … New York’s bullpen has a 6.68 ERA in its last 17 games. … Smith, in his first major league game this season, went 1 for 3 with two strikeouts.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Mets: Cabrera was back in the lineup, going 0 for 4 after leaving Sunday’s win over the Yankees in the third inning with left hamstring tightness. Callaway said he will likely give Cabrera an off day with a 12:10 p.m. start on Wednesday.

Braves: LF Ronald Acuna Jr. is hitting off a tee, swinging in the batting cage and running, but has yet to resume what manager vigorous baseball activities. It will be Thursday, at the earliest, before the 20-year-old begins a rehab assignment. Acuna, sidelined 14 games with a left ACL sprain and bruises to his left knee and lower back, said through a translator that he feels no pain when he runs, swings and throws.

UP NEXT

Mets: RHP Jacob deGrom (4-1, 1.57 ERA) leads the majors since April 21 with a 0.81 ERA – a span of nine starts and 55 1/3 innings – but New York has lost his past four outings. He is 5-3 with a 1.84 ERA in 14 career starts against Atlanta.

Braves: Snitker said RHP Mike Soroka will be on a 90-pitch limit while returning from a shoulder strain that’s sidelined him since May 12. Soroka made his first career start May 1, allowing six hits and one run in six innings to beat the Mets in New York.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: OlgaJeM.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15795 Themen und 20216 Beiträge.

Heute waren 10 Mitglieder anwesend:
alihair, chenyan94, Daniilbople, Martyoxisy, NataliaJeM, OlgaJeM, piterrise, rardTeall, xuezhiqian123, ylq

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor