The pitch to Goldschmidt

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 01.11.2018 09:54
von officialsbaseball • 303 Beiträge

Cleveland Indians Trevor Bauer missed more than a month because of a stress fracture in his right fibula.Now http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-drew-storen-jersey , the immensely talented 27-year-old will return to the scene of the crime.Bauer (12-6, 2.21 ERA) will make his second start since being activated off the disabled list when the Indians visit the Chicago White Sox for the second installment of a three-game series on Tuesday night at Guaranteed Rate Field. It is the same ballpark where he was injured Aug. 11 when White Sox slugger Jose Abreu drilled a line drive off his leg.Article continues below ...Cleveland (88-68) already has clinched its third straight American League Central division title. But the Indians know that a healthy Bauer will make a huge difference as they pursue their first World Series title since 1948.Bauer tossed 34 pitches in his return from the disabled list Friday against the Boston Red Sox. He gave up two hits, walked one and struck out one without allowing a run in 1 1/3 innings.Now, the right-hander will try to increase his pitch count as the playoffs approach. If the Indians deem him ready for the postseason rotation, he could knock teammate Shane Bieber out of a starting role.Bauer is 8-3 with a 3.15 ERA in 17 appearances (15 starts) against the White Sox in his career. He has walked 31 and struck out 117 in 97 innings during those matchups.Bauer said he was happy with his velocity in his first start back from his fracture.“I never really doubted that I would be able to turn it loose,” he said to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’m pretty good mentally at being able to flip that switch. I go through it all the time in the offseason. That’s part of the benefit of having the offseason program I do — the velocity training I do. You see a number of the radar board and you’re like, ‘OK, that’s not good enough.’ And you have to find a way to access the next step, the next level.”Chicago (61-95) is looking to finish the season on a high note before shifting its focus toward the 2019 campaign. The White Sox have lost six of their last eight and 13 of their last 18.However Scott Feldman Jersey , White Sox manager Rick Renteria said the final week could have an effect on the start of next season.“I think it does,” Renteria said to the Chicago Tribune. “They probably can equate some significant change in their routine or consistency in doing things to validate their outcomes, and then everybody can put their heads together and evaluate what they need to do to repeat that.”White Sox right-hander James Shields (7-16, 4.48 ERA) will make his 33rd start of the season. The longtime veteran has a career mark of 145-139 with a 4.01 ERA in 406 games (404 starts).The 36-year-old Shields needs four outs to post his first 200-inning effort since 2015. He has reached the milestone nine times, including tossing a league high 228 2/3 innings in 2013 with the Kansas City Royals.In 23 career starts against Cleveland, Shields is 5-8 with a 3.76 ERA.Chicago is 29-50 at home this season. Cleveland is 39-36 on the road. CINCINNATI (AP) — Paul Goldschmidt and the Arizona Diamondbacks powered their way to a sorely needed win.Goldschmidt hit two of Arizona’s five homers, and the Diamondbacks avoided a sweep by pounding the Cincinnati Reds 9-2 on Sunday.Daniel Descalso, Eduardo Escobar and David Peralta also connected for Arizona, and Zack Godley pitched 6 2/3 innings of two-run ball. Goldschmidt finished with three hits and three RBIs Eugenio Suarez Jersey , and Descalso also drove in three runs.“You don’t want to get swept,” said Descalso, who hit his first homer since June 27. “You want to win every series, but you don’t want to leave here 0-3. I don’t know if it was a must-win, but there was a little sense of urgency.”Godley (13-6) snapped a tie with Zack Greinke for the team lead in wins. The right-hander allowed six hits, struck out six and walked one while improving to 5-0 with a 3.09 ERA over his last six road starts.“Zack did a great job of setting the tone, and we played our type of game,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. “The right guys stepped up.”The Diamondbacks were tied with the Dodgers for the NL West lead coming into the day.Last-place Cincinnati had won three of four, including the first two games of the weekend series. Jose Peraza and Eugenio Suarez each had two hits http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-peraza-jersey , but Luis Castillo (6-10) was tagged for five runs and five hits in 5 2/3 innings.Homers accounted for each of Arizona’s runs. Descalso hit a three-run shot in the first on a two-strike pitch, and Goldschmidt made it 5-2 with a two-run drive in the sixth.“I was supposed to throw inside on the 0-2 pitch, but it was over the plate and he took advantage of it,” Castillo said. “The pitch to Goldschmidt, I got it where I wanted, but he’s a big strong man and put a good swing on it. I thought it was a fly ball, but it kept going and going. I thought overall, I pitched well. The only mistake I made was to Descalso.”The Diamondbacks scored four more runs off Keury Mella in the ninth. Escobar hit a two-run shot, and Goldschmidt and Peralta added back-to-back homers.Joey Votto drove in Peraza with a sacrifice fly in the third. Cincinnati scored its first run when Arizona shortstop Nick Ahmed committed a throwing error on a potential double-play ball in the second Tucker Barnhart Jersey , allowing Suarez to score from second.IN THE PARKGodley has not allowed a home run to any of the last 211 batters he has faced over nine games, including eight starts, since Starlin Castro went deep on June 26 at Miami.KNOWS HIS STUFFDescalso also doubled in the sixth to improve to 4 for 10 with two homers and six RBIs in his career against Castillo.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: Greinke (12-7) starts Monday night at Texas against Bartolo Colon (6-10). Greinke has allowed a combined three runs over 13 innings in his last two starts and lost both.Reds: Injury-plagued RHP Homer Bailey (1-9) makes his first start against Cleveland since Aug. 7, 2014. Mike Clevinger (7-7) pitches Monday night for Cincinnati.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ilzevalentino
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13899 Themen und 18309 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder Online:
ilzevalentino, panxing18, shoesforus, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor