Hall has 21 points

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 03.11.2018 09:43
von elaine95 • 278 Beiträge

WASHINGTON (AP) George McPhee will only get a ring if the Vegas Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup.Maybe he should get one if the Washington Capitals win.McPhee is responsible for acquiring 13 players on the current roster during his 17 years as general manager and also hired longtime friend Brian MacLellan Derick Brassard Jersey , who became his successor and built the rest of the team. Kicked around the past five years for trading Filip Forsberg to Nashville for Martin Erat and not being able to bring the Cup to Washington, McPhee has his fingerprints all over this final after building the foundation of each team.”It’s funny how life goes,” McPhee said Sunday in Las Vegas. ”Two years ago I was walking around Ann Arbor kicking stones and couldn’t get a job.”McPhee went two years between his job as Capitals GM and his new one when new owner Bill Foley hired him for the dream job of his life as GM running the as-yet-named Vegas expansion team. From MacLellan to captain Alex Ovechkin, star center Nicklas Backstrom, goaltender Braden Holtby and management staffs on either side, this final in many ways is a validation of McPhee’s philosophy, knowledge and career.”It’s great to see him have success somewhere else,” said Capitals defenseman John Carlson, one of 12 McPhee draft picks facing him in the final. ”I knew he would, based on the pieces that he put in place here.”McPhee was GM when the Capitals last made the Cup Final in 1998 but had just taken over the previous summer. Until the past year, his greatest accomplishment was rebuilding Washington into a perennial playoff team and title contender that went to the playoffs from 2008-2013.After missing the playoffs in 2014, the Capitals did not renew McPhee’s contract.”When you’re working with (players), they’re sometimes like your own kids,” McPhee said. ”You’re on call for them all the time Youth Evgeni Malkin Jersey , you’re trying to help them, you try to steer them in the right direction. Then you get fired and you’re suddenly persona non grata because nobody wants to be seen to be too close to you in the organization. I understand that’s how things change quickly and that’s the business.”Things changed quickly because MacLellan went from McPhee’s college teammate and roommate and then right-hand man as assistant GM to the person who owner Ted Leonsis said gave ”the most negative of the interviews” among candidates. MacLellan said he felt like he had nothing to lose during the interview process, which led to him landing the job at the same time Barry Trotz was named coach.MacLellan conceded Friday his relationship with McPhee was ”not as close” as in previous decades.”I think it just took a little time for things to evolve,” MacLellan said. ”I think he needed a break from the game, needed a break from how it went down for him here and it just took time.”MacLellan choked up a couple of times talking about glory days with McPhee, when they won the Central Collegiate Hockey Association Championship together at Bowling Green. McPhee and MacLellan have had dinner and texted in recent days about how strange it is to face each other after all that has transpired.”It’s kind of a weird experience,” MacLellan said. ”It’s a little awkward, but it’s going to be a fun experience, I hope.”McPhee still has plenty of supporters in the Capitals’ locker room, especially among players he stuck his neck out for. He signed Jay Beagle as a college free agent in 2007, listened to now-Vegas goaltending coach Dave Prior and selected Holtby as the 10th goaltender in the 2008 draft and picked Tom Wilson in the first round in 2012.”I have a very fond respect for George,” Wilson said. ”You always have kind of a soft spot for the guy that drafted you, that brought you into the league, that gave you a chance. … He kind of always had his players’ back.”Not only is Beagle thankful to McPhee for taking a chance on him Jake Guentzel Jersey Kids , but he also believes in the moves made to try to bring a championship to Washington well before now, even if they didn’t work out perfectly.”The trades and the deals that he made were to win the Stanley Cup that year,” Beagle said. ”You can always look back and be like, `Oh it wasn’t the right one’ or `It was the right one.’ But at the time it was the moves that he felt needed to be done to win a Stanley Cup that year because we had a team to do it for a lot of years.”Now that the Capitals – and Golden Knights – have that team, McPhee will be there each night to see one of his teams lift the Cup.”I’m certainly proud of the Washington team and the players,” McPhee said. ”Really happy for them – and really proud of this team we have in Vegas.”—More Stanley Cup coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/StanleyCupFinals— SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) The Florida Panthers are on a roll.Aleksander Barkov scored two goals to lift the Panthers to a 3-2 win over the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night.Maxim Mamin scored his second NHL goal and Robert Luongo made 29 saves as the Panthers recorded their fourth straight win.The Panthers have successive victories over Washington, Pittsburgh, Toronto and New Jersey.”We beat four good teams in a row here. It’s been close games and finding ways to win in the third period,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said.Each of the games were decided by a one-goal margin and the winning goal coming late in the third period or overtime (Toronto).”Going into the third, no matter what the score is, we’re confident we’ll come out with the win, and we’ve played our best in the third period, it seems http://www.pittsburghpenguinsteamshops.com/authentic-justin-schultz-jersey ,” Luongo said. ”That’s a good quality to have.”The Panthers finish their season-long six-game homestand with games against Buffalo on Friday and Philadelphia on Sunday afternoon”We have to make sure there’s no let down and the foot is on the gas pedal,” Boughner said. ”We talked about playing good and waking up Monday morning and finding yourself in a really good spot.”Jesper Bratt and Taylor Hall scored for the Devils, and Patrick Maroon had two assists. Cory Schneider stopped 26 shots in his first start since missing 16 games with a lower-body injury.”It felt good to play again and it’s a fun time of year to play,” Schneider said. ”It’s too bad we didn’t get any points out of this.”Barkov’s second goal stretched the Panthers lead to 3-1 with 3:34 left in the third. Barkov lifted the puck over Schneider and into the net.”We still have 20 games left,” Barkov said. ”All that matters is winning, and I’m glad I’ve been helping the team with scoring goals and assisting on them.”Bratt’s goal closed the score to 3-2 with 2:07 left in the third. The goal was Bratt’s first since Jan. 20 against Philadelphia, a span of 19 games.”It’s tough not to get two points but for myself it’s nice to get a goal after a long time,” Bratt said.Mamin gave the Panthers a 2-1 lead on his flukey goal at 8:38 of the third period. Mamin grabbed a long cross-ice pass from Jared McCann and flipped the puck up at the net as he skated past on the right side. The puck bounced off Schneider’s back and rolled into the net.Hall tied the score 1-all on a power-play goal 50 seconds into the second period. Hall’s shot from the top of the right circle was inadvertently redirected into the net off the stick of Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad.Hall has 21 points (11 goals, 10 assists) in a 16-game point streak, the longest in the NHL this season and the longest in Devils history and has a point in 23 consecutive appearances.Hall wasn’t in a celebratory mood after the loss when asked what the record means to him.”Not much. I wasn’t very good tonight,” he said. ”My goal was a deflection.”The Panthers took a 1-0 lead after Barkov took a shot from the left side that bounced off Schneider’s pad and out into the crease. The puck then went off the left skate of New Jersey’s Nico Hischier and into the net as he collided with both Florida’s Nick Bjugstad and Schneider in the crease at 6:51 of the first. The goal survived a coach’s challenge of goaltender interference. Barkov has a career-high 60 points.NOTES: Schneider’s last start for the Devils was Jan. 23 at Boston. … Devils forward Patrick Maroon made his first appearance since being acquired from the Edmonton Oilers on Feb. 26. … Barkov has 18 points (eight goals, 10 assists) in his past 12 games.UP NEXTDevils: Visit the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday.Panthers: Host the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ZacharyDen.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 15827 Themen und 20248 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied anwesend :
piterrise

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor