Buffalo Bills running back Marcus Murphy continues to shine in win over Cleveland Brown

in Deutsch in Medien und Literatur 05.11.2018 02:16
von panxing18 • 570 Beiträge

s Veteran Chris Ivory was brought in on a free-agent contract to serve as the primary backup to Pro Bowler LeSean McCoy Youth Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , but through the first two preseason games, Marcus Murphy has staked his claim not only to a spot on the 53-man roster, but as the primary backup to Shady. Especially following Friday night’s 19-17 win over the Cleveland Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium, when Murphy not only led the Bills in rushing (39 yards on four carries for a robust 9.8 yards per rush average), but directly set up a field goal before halftime with a huge punt return. Through two preseason games, Murphy, a seventh-round draft pick out of Missouri in 2015, has rushed for 74 yards on 11 carries (6.73 yards/rush) with one touchdown, and has added four receptions for 30 yards. “I just want to make a play. Whenever an opportunity is given, I just want to make the most of it. It doesn’t matter if it’s being a running back, punt returner or kick returner. I just want to be a playmaker whenever I get the chance,” Murphy told Branson Wright of The Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’m not the prototypical running back at 6-foot, 230 pounds,” said Murphy, who is listed at 5-foot-9 and 195 pounds. “I have a chip on my shoulder. I want to prove that I can run between the tackles, pass-protect and run outside. I get a little shine when I have the ball in my hands, but it’s about all of us working together.”This after an impressive performance in the regular-season finale of 2017. With the Bills fighting for the playoffs and with both McCoy and Travaris Cadet sidelined, Murphy, a former member of three teams’ practice squads in 2017 — the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, and the Bills — rushed for 41 yards and added two receptions for seven yards in a 22-16 victory. In Buffalo’s preseason opener Dion Dawkins Jersey , Murphy carried seven times for 35 yards and caught four passes for 30 yards. He demonstrated his patience, elusiveness, and cut-back ability when he scampered into the end zone on a seven-yard touchdown run to put the Bills up 17-7 heading into halftime vs. the Panthers. On Friday night, another big play from Murphy, this time in the return game, again helped set up a late first-half score. Murphy’s nifty 39-yard punt return put the Bills in range for a Stephen Hauschka field goal as Buffalo took a 10-7 lead into intermission. That punt return, which could have gone for at least 20 more yards had Murphy not gotten tripped up over his own feet avoiding a defender, showcased the versatility he displayed at Missouri, where he was an All-SEC running back. In his senior season, he rushed for 924 yards (5.2 per carry) while catching 28 passes for 212 yards with five total offensive TDs. In the return game, Murphy averaged 29.4 yards on kickoff returns, and an additional 10.4 yards on punt returns with three special teams TDs. His seven career kickoff and punt return TDs broke Jeremy Maclin’s old school record. Murphy, who was drafted by the Saints, came into the league with a solid reputation as a jack-of-all trades guy who could help as a runner, as a receiver, and in the return game. Through two preseason games, Murphy has not only earned a spot on the 53-man roster, but he is making serious waves in his attempt to take over the No. 2 role from Ivory. Murphy needs to demonstrate proficiency in pass protection, but if he does, there’s no reason why he couldn’t excel as Shady’s handcuff. His explosive running style, and his abilities as a pass-catcher Vladimir Ducasse Jersey , would certainly serve as a nice compliment to McCoy.Charles Clay, Rafael Bush miss practice in Thursday Buffalo Bills injury report In Thursday’s Buffalo Bills injury report, three potential starters did not practice, putting their game status in jeopardy for the week. The secondary looks thinner without Micah Hyde on hand, and tight end Charles Clay is in his second week of spotty practice sessions.Clay, who was listed as limited on Wednesday with an ankle injury, did not practice on Thursday. That’s normally a bad sign, indicating a player’s condition may have worsened. The Bills used a similar tactic with Clay last week and he ended up playing, so this might be a case of managing his reps to allow him to make a gameday appearance. The biggest concern is at safety, where Hyde is already expected to miss Sunday’s game with a groin injury. His replacement, Rafael Bush, missed practice on both Wednesday and Thursday with a shoulder injury. Not only would the Bills like to have a replacement for Hyde, but they’d also want to have Bush available for their “big nickel” package against a team in the Titans who likes to line up with multiple running backs on the field. If Bush can’t play, rookie Siran Neal is the next man up, and some combination of Phillip Gaines and Dontae Johnson will fill in the gaps.Defensive end Shaq Lawson, who played Sunday as he continues to heal from his hamstring injury, was limited in practice again, but should be expected to play against the Titans.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ghnjmki
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13884 Themen und 18294 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
caicai2017, ghnjmki, goldengooseits, shoesforus, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor