Los Angeles Chargers final 53-man roster projection

in F r e i s t i l 16.11.2018 07:30
von huangjian123 • 478 Beiträge

Three-quarters of the Los Angeles Chargers 2018 preseason is in the books and http://www.chargerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-isaac-rochell-jersey , except for maybe two or three roster spots, the coaching staff should have a pretty good sense of what their roster will look like come September 1.This is a strange year because several of the presumed backups haven’t really earned their roster spots. I think this is particularly true on the offensive line and at tight end, where none of the reserves inspire a great deal of confidence and the tackles, in particular, have been alarmingly bad.Anyway, let’s take a look at how I expect the roster to shake out this weekend:Quarterback:Philip RiversGeno SmithMy Thoughts: Geno Smith earned the backup quarterback job by outplaying Cardale Jones in every measurable way this preseason. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who can’t beat out Geno Smith doesn’t deserve a roster spot or a practice squad spot. Time to cut bait on Anthony Lynn’s pet project.Side Note: For some reason, I can’t shake the feeling that Lynn’s personal connection with Jones will somehow land “12-gage” on the roster as the third quarterback. I’m giving Lynn the benefit of the doubt here because he hasn’t been shy about cutting players who can’t help the team, but my confidence is wavering.Running back:Melvin GordonAustin EkelerDetrez NewsomeMy Thoughts: This is probably the deepest and most dynamic backfield the Chargers have had since the days of LT, Darren Sproles and Michael Turner; and I think we can all agree that Newsome is the ball-carrying, pass-catching, big-play-making, touchdown-scoring, standing-back-flipping third running back we’ve all been craving. That kid earned his spot and then some.Side note: Personally http://www.chargerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-austin-ekeler-jersey , I’d try to sneak seventh-round pick Justin Jackson through waivers and place him on the practice squad. I just don’t think he earned the right to be protected and I can’t imagine anyone would be lining up to sign a seventh-round running back who has hardly practiced, let alone played this preseason.Fullback:Derek WattMy Thoughts: It is what it is; just accept it and move on.Wide Receiver:Keenan AllenTyrell WilliamsTravis BenjaminMike WilliamsGeremy DavisArtavis ScottMy Thoughts: Both Geremy Davis and Artavis Scott earned the right to fill out the wide receiver depth chart with their play this preseason. Davis showed considerable growth both as a receiver and a special teams contributor, and Scott displayed an uncanny knack for making plays in the short and intermediate passing game- particularly on third down. He might even provide some value returning kicks down the line.Side note: There is an outside chance the team could keep Dylan Cantrell as the seventh receiver with the intention of moving him to the injured reserve after the final cuts are announced. This approach would allow them to transfer him to the IR without exposing him to the waiver wire, which would not be an option if they tried to place him on IR before final cuts. It’s the same approach they took with Denzel Perryman last year.Tight Ends:Virgil GreenAntonio GatesSean CulkinBraedon BowmanMy Thoughts: Right now my money is on the team signing Antonio Gates. I don’t think the move upgrades the tight end group as much as some people think it will, but I still think it happens. While I don’t believe Braedon Bowman has earned a roster spot, I do think the team will go for quantity over quality in hopes of having enough bodies to limit Gates’ snaps and keep him fresh for as long as possible.Side Note: Eric Williams recently reported the team is expected to place Hunter Henry, who is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, on the IR following final cuts, so he may very well join Dylan Cantrell as a temporary member of the roster before being placed on injured reserve. I didn’t include Henry on my roster because they can just as easily leave him on the PUP, which is what Tom Telesco said he thought they’d do a couple weeks ago.Offensive Line:Russell OkungDan FeeneyMike PounceyMichael SchofieldJoe BarksdaleForrest LampSam TeviSpencer PulleyScott QuessenberryMy Thoughts: In my opinion, none of the projected backups earned the spots I believe they’ll “win” out of camp. Tevi and Quessenberry, in particular, have been terrible during the preseason. I would be stunned if Tom Telesco didn’t add some depth via a waiver wire addition.Defensive Ends:Joey BosaMelvin IngramIsaac RochellChris LandrumMy Thoughts: While there aren’t any real surprises regarding which ends made the roster, I’d say Isaac Rochell has been a pleasant surprise in his extended snaps with the first team defense. Even Landrum exceeded my expectations. This has the makings of a surprisingly deep and productive position group.Defensive Tackles:Brandon MebaneDarius PhilonJustin JonesDamion SquareSteven RichardsonMy Thoughts: This is not a group that inspires a great deal of confidence. Corey Liuget will begin the season on the suspended list and won’t count against the active roster Joe Barksdale Jersey , Brandon Mebane is a shell of himself, Darius Philon is banged up, and third-round pick Justin Jones has yet to appear in a preseason game. That leaves Damion Square and Steven Richardson as the only members of this group who seem to be ready to start the season.Side Note: I should point out the team claimed defensive tackle Marcus Hardison off of waivers after the Saints game and his presence could change things a little, but I’d like to see where he fits in before adding him to my roster. There was also a recent report suggesting Johnathan Hankins had met with the team and will be signing somewhere soon.Linebackers:Denzel PerrymanKyzir WhiteUchenna NwosuHayes PullardKyle EmanuelJatavis BrownNick DzubnarMy Thoughts: We should be looking at a starting trio of Perryman, White and Nwosu before long. A big shout out goes out to Hayes Pullard, who looked fantastic and was arguably the best MIKE on the roster all preseason. He absolutely earned his roster spot. It won’t surprise me if the Chargers scour the waiver wire for another linebacker.Cornerbacks:Casey HaywardTrevor WilliamsDesmond KingMichael DavisCraig MagerMy Thoughts: The only real surprise in this group is fourth-year corner Craig Mager, who spent most of 2017 on the practice squad. He opened the preseason as the fifth corner, managed to blend in with the first and second team defenses, and did nothing to hurt his case for making the roster. He played pretty well, and I don’t think anyone behind him did anything to force his way into the conversation, so I suppose you can say he earned it.Safeties:Derwin JamesJahleel AddaeRayshawn JenkinsAdrian PhillipsMy Thoughts: No real surprises here as the team keeps the only four deserving safeties on the roster. As is the case at offensive line, tight end, and linebacker; the safety room seems ripe for a veteran waiver wire addition considering the relative youth and inexperience on the depth chart (Addae notwithstanding). Kicker:Caleb SturgisMy Thoughts: Eeny鈥eany鈥iny鈥h, sorry Cheap Dan Feeney Jersey , my bad. Despite suggestions to the contrary, keeping two kickers does nothing to promote the stability this team is trying to establish at the position, so let’s just pick one and move on. As long as the guy they choose makes 85%+ of his kicks and can make kicks from 45+, I’m good.Punter:Drew KaserMy Thoughts: Kaser was pretty good last season and has looked good in the preseason. I find it hard to believe he won’t retain his job.Long Snapper:Mike Windt There you have it, ladies and gentlemen; that’s my final prediction for the Los Angeles Chargers 53-man roster. While I didn’t include them on my roster, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see either Dylan Cantrell or Hunter Henry wind up a temporary member of the roster before heading to the injured reserve. I also fully expect the team to supplement the offensive line, and maybe one other position group, via the waiver wire once cuts have been announced. And, like everyone else, I’m hopeful the team will add Johnathan Hankins sooner than later.Chargers Waive G Donavon Clark Ah, it seems like just a few days ago I was chatting about how The Chargers Don’t Really Seem That Interested in Antonio Gates.That’s probably because, until these last few days, nary a cricket chirp has been heard on the subject. Ever since Hunter Henry went down in the first reps of training this year, the Chargers have been noticeably short of experienced Tight Ends.Fans and colleagues have chimed in about how Antonio Gates fits the bill perfectly—and indeed he does!While there might not be a full contract-worth of tread left on the tires Trevor Williams Jersey , Gates has a proven chemistry with Philip Rivers and experience that only a handful of other players can boast.Because there appeared to be interest on both sides but no evident movement closer or further away from an agreement, it was and still is assumed that the Chargers brass and Gates’ camp are trying to find some numbers that both parties can agree on.Today’s move doesn’t necessarily relate to the Chargers Tight End dilemma, but it is the most logical conclusion.The Chargers’ roster now stands at 89 as the Bolts waived former seventh-round pick Donavon Clark, now just a few days before the start of training camp. The 224th overall pick out of Michigan State in the 2016 NFL Draft suffered an ACL injury in each of the past two seasons, spending both years on the Reserve/Injured list.It’s ruthlessly fair to say that Donavon Clark has been a dud for the Chargers.However, he was always a shot in the dark.His 2016 NFL Draft profile says:Bottom LineDonavon Clark will need his toughness and intelligence to again make an NFL roster, but his departure will open a door for another player for the LA Chargers.The Antonio Gates chatter makes sense.In the last day, his agent, Tom Condon, publicly announced that he is actively negotiating with the Chargers.While we can all assume that that has been going on for weeks now, this recent pair of news items adds up to Gates being back in the powder blues.However, the omens have been wrong before.So we’ll see!-Jason “Open the FloodGates” Michaels

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: stephgrey
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7953 Themen und 12332 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
chenwen121314, chenyan94, fashiongolda, hongwei28, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor